PDA

View Full Version : SCCA to sanction Formula D

4wheeldrift
11-11-2003, 02:27 PM
Very interesting, the Sports Car Club of America is going to be sanctioning a drifting championship in the states to be called Formula D. See the press release: http://scca.org/news/press03_146.html

rage2
11-11-2003, 02:31 PM
Does that mean the CSCC is going to sanction a drift school/event so it doesn't have to be done behind their backs? :)

4wheeldrift
11-11-2003, 02:33 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Does that mean the CSCC is going to sanction a drift school/event so it doesn't have to be done behind their backs? :) I have no idea. I'm sure if you wanted CSCC sanctioning for something like that it wouldn't be hard to get. Bring it up at a business meeting that you're interested in setting something up and see what the executive has to say. Drop me a PM if you want to discuss it further ;)

speedracer
11-11-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by rage2
Does that mean the CSCC is going to sanction a drift school/event so it doesn't have to be done behind their backs? :)
You should have proposed that at the WCMA AGM to motion for the adoption of drifting school :D

thich
11-11-2003, 11:52 PM
i move for that motion to be adopted!
it definitely takes a lot of the illegal action off the road
a friend of mine and I were thinking of ways to get something like this sanctioned for Canada.

i knew ahead of time SCCA was going to adopt drifting competitions - easy money maker :)

someone follow suit!

finboy
11-11-2003, 11:54 PM
good lord, as if ae-86's weren't popular enough.

i'm thinking i'll be seeing a lot more rwd vehicles at a1 now :D

Redlyne_mr2
11-11-2003, 11:55 PM
Brando can you arrange something for us Calgarians

speedracer
11-12-2003, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
...can you arrange something for us Calgarians

There's talk for next season to host but there needs to be commitment - Track Rental isn't free. We've tried a a couple of times and not enough interest.

What can you do?
The directors for the Calgary Sports Car Club need to be convinced that
(a) safety (b) direction (c) cost

Come to Calgary Sports car Club meetins and meet some of the poeple involved and would like to set it up.

I'm not involved in that project. Unofficially a couple of CSCC members are trying to organize drift schools (these are good instructors as well).

I'm pushing for Test & Tune Schools for next season so I'll be a bit busy - Might be asking for help as well.

hjr
11-12-2003, 11:32 AM
if you want to get involved in one of the most destructive forms of competition to the car, i say go ahead. Drifting is one of the worst things you can do to your car. shit brakes all the time. I equate it to a tarmac rally, only a harder on the car.

thich
11-12-2003, 01:36 PM
it's a form of motorsport that it popular to those who enjoy it; basically a love/hate relationship.
so things break... it's a fact of life if someone wants to get into motorsports and i think it's something those who are interested in the sport are willing to come to terms with.

i think that if there were at least ONE organization in the area that offered something like this, it'd get a lot of ppl off the street who are ripping up in parking lots, drifting in residential or industrial areas etc. etc.

method
11-12-2003, 03:17 PM
lol yeah... drifting is WAY harsher than a tarmac rally.

riiiiiiiiight

you see a lot of drift cars airborne?

buh_buh
11-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by method
you see a lot of drift cars airborne? haha remember that video of that drifting evo that flipped?:D

rage2
11-12-2003, 03:22 PM
Depends on the components...

Drifting is really hard on the LSD, as well as suspension components.

But then again, so is all motorsports :).

thich
11-12-2003, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
haha remember that video of that drifting evo that flipped?:D

the driver took a bad line! :banghead:

finboy
11-13-2003, 12:16 AM
hmm, i wouldn't mind this drifting, since i know of a large supply of rwd, light, cheap cars :D

who cares if it breaks, go buy another for 200 bucks.

i'd be interested.

finboy
11-16-2003, 03:19 AM
bump, i've talked to a couple people, and they expressed intrest in it.