PDA

View Full Version : Murrieta's - post renovation. Anyone been?

Khalil.e
09-17-2009, 09:33 AM
Anyone here been to Muriettas after they completed their renovations?
What's it like now? Any menu changes?

Cheers :)

GQBalla
09-17-2009, 10:07 AM
just went on september 2nd.

although ive never been before, the place was nice.

atmosphere.

more so dark and romantic, but i went for a friends birthday.

food was really good actually, i had the duck.

price wasn't too bad, the server we had was REALLY good. She even brought us this spray the restaurant uses for getting wine out when my friend somehow got wine on his shirt. Always had refilled drinks right away, good timing with checking on us, filled up wine glasses when they were running low.

we were in the dining room area, didn't really check out the other more so lounge side. But there was a baby grand piano i think.

we had two or three apps, a huge ass bottle of wine, random drinks and entrees for 8 people it was 600 dollers, including tip on top of their autogratuity

Khalil.e
09-17-2009, 10:45 AM
Great info - thanks!

JC522
09-19-2009, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

She even brought us this spray the restaurant uses for getting wine out when my friend somehow got wine on his shirt.

Not my fault, but that spray worked wonders. We were there during the evening and as the sun set, it got darker because of the huge skylight. I didn't really notice anything different until it was pointed out to me that they have booths now. Menu is still the same but the wine menu changed.

ringer
09-22-2009, 09:42 AM
I love that place such a hidden gem.
Never had a bad experience there, I actually had a birthday there and they took reservations on a friday/saturday night for 15 (which most places didn't) and gave us an amazing table in the middle of the dining room.

ftw