PDA

View Full Version : Lost Dog - Has three legs, please be on look out *RECOVERED*

bignerd
09-17-2009, 09:14 PM
Just a BOLO for those in the NW
Cross posting for a sad and scared friend:

Our 'family' dog Mazie, a Border Collie x Aussie and has been living with my brother in BC for the
last few years. She was lost in Calgary on Sept 12th and we are desperately trying to get her back.

She's 8 yrs old, black, white and tan and has her
right hind leg amputated.
She was seen again last night around 8:00 (Sept 16th) in the West Hillhurst area of Calgary. This is the NW, between the
Foothills Hospital and Sait area. But she's been all the way from the north end of Nose Hill Park, down to Edworthy Park, so she's covering ground!

If any of you see her, please do not approach her just call us right away!! She's very scared,bolting from people and ducking into back yards to avoid people which makes it difficult to find her. I can only hope she runs in a backyard and someone can shut the gate and call us.

Feel free to forward this to your friends, we'd really like to get her home.

Thanks so much!

Jessie and Garrett
403-305-5470
403-803-6519

im2fst4u
09-17-2009, 09:20 PM
That is sad...I have copied the post and emailed numerous friends in that area of Calgary.
Hope she gets home!

bignerd
09-17-2009, 09:24 PM
Thank you-hoping with the numerous spottings and her hanging around a neighborhood that maybe one well timed phone call will get her home. Thank goodness it is not cold out yet.

signature7
09-17-2009, 10:15 PM
Phone number saved in phonebook, i'm by the area quite often, hope things turn out for you guys.

bignerd
09-19-2009, 09:45 PM
Dog was spotted in Confederation park last night around 5 PM.

Again she is mostly black with white, looks like a stocky border collie and only has three legs. Very spooky, please just call if spotted.

Pollywog
09-20-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Dog was spotted in Confederation park last night around 5 PM.

Again she is mostly black with white, looks like a stocky border collie and only has three legs. Very spooky, please just call if spotted. I was at confederation around 11am yesterday. I believe you parked infront of my car (you had an suv) and I walked my black dog infront of you while you posted lost signs on garbage bins. Just wanted to let you know that your ads online have gotten peoples attention. Really hope you find that pooch!

bignerd
09-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Wasn't myself, but was most likely my friend who lost the dog-I know she is trying very hard to find her dog-she has posters everywhere. I thought I would post on here for her since a lot of people in Calgary are on Beyond and could just keep their eyes peeled, a scared three legged dog is easy to remember.

She says they have had a couple people call and they rush over as soon as they get a call but they keep missing her.

It is hard when dogs get lost, even the friendliest dog will go into survival mode and will sometimes run from their own owner just because they are so freaked out.

Thanks for posting, the more people who are aware hopefully the sooner she comes home!

bignerd
09-21-2009, 11:24 AM
Spotted in Nose Hill Park this morning-not exactly sure what side but will update if I get more info.

almerick
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
I'll keep an eye out as I live in the NW and I tend to walk my dog often

Pollywog
09-23-2009, 11:57 AM
Any recent sign of her?

J NRG
09-24-2009, 07:50 PM

nonlinear
09-24-2009, 08:18 PM
aw man, i really hope you get her back. i'm not in that area, ever, but i grew up with shit tons of pets and I understand how shitty that is for your family. positive thoughts coming from here, good luck :thumbsup:

bignerd
09-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Updated:

Dog was found-you will not believe this, the brother who the dogs lives with was driving on 14th street and was stopped at a red light when he saw the dog in his rear view mirror crossing the road and weaving in and out of traffic to get to his truck-he opened the door, called her name and she jumped in after being lost for 11 days!!!

No word of a lie, nice to know that "miracles" still do happen.

Thanks all for keeping your eyes peeled!!

Little Dragon
09-29-2009, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by bignerd
Updated:

Dog was found-you will not believe this, the brother who the dogs lives with was driving on 14th street and was stopped at a red light when he saw the dog in his rear view mirror crossing the road and weaving in and out of traffic to get to his truck-he opened the door, called her name and she jumped in after being lost for 11 days!!!

No word of a lie, nice to know that "miracles" still do happen.

Thanks all for keeping your eyes peeled!!

WOW that really is a miracle, a neat one at that.
Congrats to the family on getting the dog back!

I love happy endings. :clap:

jdmXSI
09-29-2009, 10:10 PM
^^ wow that's great news!!! I'm glad to hear she made it back home safe!

Kona9
09-29-2009, 10:12 PM
:eek: awesome ending! Congrats

Pollywog
09-29-2009, 10:19 PM
:clap:

nykz
09-29-2009, 10:24 PM
I guess miracles do happen! Congrats!

DannyO
09-29-2009, 10:49 PM
Awesome news man, just in time for this cold weather as well.

Jeremiah
09-29-2009, 11:20 PM
fucking cool ending

Tik-Tok
09-29-2009, 11:45 PM
Great news! I hope your pups got parvo vaccination, I've heard there's a strain going around town right now. Better get her to a vet for a check up.

jonnycat
09-30-2009, 09:17 AM
Kick ass, congrats

bignerd
09-30-2009, 10:08 AM
It is quite interesting how our pets learn to pick up on things just by sound or smell. I know my dog knows the sound of my car from when I pull the e-brake and he will look for me or sometimes he will perk up his ears if he hears a motorcycle coming around the block (husband rides).

I am so glad they got her back, she was their family pet and only had three legs so it is amazing she made it for 11 days crossing major roads and avoiding coyotes-they are beyond happy to have her back. Thank god she recognized that truck-they were truely in the right place at the right time.

And yes there is a parvo-virus outbreak in Calgary. For those of you who have puppies that have not completed their full set of puppy vaccinations or have dogs that do not have up to date vaccinations you should be avoiding the dog parks and off leash areas(really any area where dogs congregate). Parvo is terribly contagious and fatal about 50% of the time. It is expensive to treat for as well. Usually starts out with terrible sweet smelling diarreah, vomiting and a tired/lethargic dog. Parvo can also be transmitted by walking in an infected area and then wearing your shoes home-it is a very hardy virus.

President Obama
09-30-2009, 10:48 AM
That is great news!! :D

3g4u
09-30-2009, 11:12 AM
Great ending! Glad you got the dog back.:thumbsup:

fukkface
09-30-2009, 11:17 AM
fukk ya!

Impreza
09-30-2009, 12:53 PM
Awesome ending!