PDA

View Full Version : Your opinions please!!

Danger_Mouse
11-11-2003, 05:34 PM
I found this 87 Supra thats for sale and im thinking about buying it. Its BONE stock with a 7M-GE (3.0 Litre, non-turbo, twin cam inline 6, 24 valve, puts out 200hp stock) that has just over 200000 KM on it.

Its fully loaded with an automatic transmission :thumbsdow (but that can be changed)

Condition wise... its ok, not perfect by any means. Needs minor body work.

It was stolen, and recovered the next day, they theives stole the stereo, so it needs a new dash panel that surrounds radio, btu all in all nothing major wrong with it though.

Anyways, what im wondering are what all of your opinions on this car is? Is it worth getting? How much would u pay for it? Anything to look out for? blah blah blah... u know the rest.

Thanks alot
Steve

403Gemini
11-11-2003, 05:36 PM
just get an inspection done on it man. make sure the thieves didnt bag it like a mofo. otherwise if you like project cars this sounds like a great ride :D

Weapon_R
11-11-2003, 06:44 PM
The engine is pretty good, I wouldn't pay a lot for it, especially since the turbo models can be had for very cheap nowadays.

redTalon
11-11-2003, 09:17 PM
The milage is a little high, how much is he asking for it?

Danger_Mouse
11-11-2003, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by redTalon
How much is he asking for it?

Negotiated him down to 2500$ from 3000$

buh_buh
11-11-2003, 10:54 PM
If your planning on doing a tranny swap, you may as well buy a 5 speed to begin with

Redlyne_mr2
11-11-2003, 10:58 PM
Yah forget all this talk about swapping this and changing that it wont happen. its not worth it on a car like that. Not really a fan of the non turo supras theyre damn slow. get a nice condition corolla gts, celica, mr2..something a bit more enjoyable and affordable

Danger_Mouse
11-11-2003, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
. get a nice condition corolla gts, celica, mr2..something a bit more enjoyable and affordable

Been looking for something like that... cant find any in my cheap ass budget lol

Danger_Mouse
11-12-2003, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
get a nice condition corolla gts ..something a bit more enjoyable and affordable

Wanna sell me yours? lol

Primer_Drift
11-12-2003, 12:24 AM
The longer you look the cheaper these cars are going to get. Save your money swapping this and that into a car that needs work, and buy a car with more of what you want and less of what you don't. Auto and NA... like driving a nice looking bus.

Danger_Mouse
11-12-2003, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift
The longer you look the cheaper these cars are going to get. Save your money swapping this and that into a car that needs work, and buy a car with more of what you want and less of what you don't. Auto and NA... like driving a nice looking bus.

Yea, but im sick of looking. I just starting grade 12 and I have never driven to school, ONCE... not even with my parents cars.

I need a damb car lol

Im just looking for something that is in GOOD running condition, needs minimal work, and has the potential to be fast.

Anyone know or have anything that fits this? lol

Spenser
11-12-2003, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Danger_Mouse

Yea, but im sick of looking. I just starting grade 12 and I have never driven to school, ONCE... not even with my parents cars.

I need a damb car lol

Im just looking for something that is in GOOD running condition, needs minimal work, and has the potential to be fast.

TOLD YOU THAT CAR SUCKS! GET A AE86!!

cocoabrova
11-12-2003, 06:43 PM
With a budget of around $2500-$3000, you should be able to find alot of decent cars...Any car has the POTENTIAL to be fast, it all depends on how much you want to spend to make it fast. Like mentioned previously, look at AE's, EF Cvic's, or MKI/MKII VW's, if it's an import you want:thumbsup:

link785
11-12-2003, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Danger_Mouse

2nd generation Cavaliers with the 3.1L V6 engine in them. You can get them for your price range, and the 3.1 is pretty hard to kill, they last a long time. Decent power, not the slowest, cheap to maintain and pretty good on gas mileage considering it's a V6.

In your price range there isn't too much room to work with, and don't expect to be buying anything really new or so.

Oh, and a car with 200 000km is going to require a lot of maintenance and work, regardless if it's an import or a domestic.

Danger_Mouse
11-12-2003, 11:53 PM
Thanks alot guys, im gonna ditch the Supra... I heard today that a guy I know just bough a same gen Supra Turbo with targa top for just a little more.. so i'll pass on this one and wait till something better comes along.

Originally posted by link785

2nd generation Cavaliers with the 3.1L V6 engine in them. You can get them for your price range, and the 3.1 is pretty hard to kill, they last a long time. Decent power, not the slowest, cheap to maintain and pretty good on gas mileage considering it's a V6.

In your price range there isn't too much room to work with, and don't expect to be buying anything really new or so.

Oh, and a car with 200 000km is going to require a lot of maintenance and work, regardless if it's an import or a domestic.

Um, im kinda leaning towards imports right now

redline_13000
11-13-2003, 12:23 AM
Too much for that car

finboy
11-13-2003, 12:28 AM
turbo dodge, tonnes of potential to go "fast" with them.

my buddy is selling his turbo glh pretty soon. ran a 13.9 with the old motor, he's putting in a 2.5, don't know what he wants for it though.