PDA

View Full Version : Contest: FREE gas cards (Sponsored by TomcoPDR)

TomcoPDR
09-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Ok let's hope I don't get banned for this... No main "reason" for this event, just bored.

What can I say, I got a weak conscience. So the story goes, I realize that I'm a sponsor here which started out as "shits and giggles" as a blog for my automotive niche trade during my return into the auto trade. Then the positive response kinda got out of hand when I started accumulating loyal Beyond customers and their referrals.

Only problem is that within my trade, I'm a single owner/operator who made it to the professional league (NOT bragging) recongized in an institutional setting. (I fix hail damaged vehicles for "YOUR" insurance companies basically; multiple that by hundreds/thousands of vehicles in an entire town/city, country wide)

With that said, I'm not one of those people who forgets who they are or where they came from. (you know those companies who's gotten so big that the owner don't give a shit about people anymore; consumers who supported them during their way up)... I still remain a ONE-MAN operator working with other one-person operators and refuse to lower myself and reputation to hire rookies to turn an extra buck as employees. (this does not work in our skill trade, the customer gets screwed with shitty quality; cuz it won't be hard for me to hire a bunch of Beyonders under my company neither)

After chatting with friends from different industries (oil rigs, auto, office). It made me realize I'm pretty fortune to still be working.

Sooooooooo... for my 2009 year hotel bonus points for working on the road, instead of cashing them to spend on some dirty girl... I've decided to redeem them for varies vendors (gift cards) and give 'em ALL away on Beyond through different sections and different contest events... Encourage members to participle and proud to be a part of a community. Kinda chessy, but whatever.

http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/hotelrewards.jpg
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/hotelrewardsAFTER.jpg

I mean considering I'm not some huge auto shop (I'm just ONE tech)... this is my way of saying "thanks" for those who's supported me in the part and continue to support me in the future... This is my way of keeping up with the big boy sponsors on here hosting huge car shows, inventory discounts, etc... I know some ppl are pretty pissed that even though I bought a warehouse bay for a shop, yet I usually turn down 9.8 out of 10 Beyond jobs :rofl: , I hope you guys will understand, just like the strippers I look up to, my legs has to follow where the loonies are being tossed; that's road work... That bay is pretty much used by other auto ppl, lol... Turned into a rental property for me, lol.

Here's the first of a series of contest for some FREE SHIT
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/100_3509.jpg

THIS Contest: Know your gas tank, guess to the closet CENT, of what your fill up will cost.

Rules:
- Gas gauge must be BELOW half
- Must post video (cuz I know fuckers won't be honest taking photos)
- Keep video on at all times, of your gauge being below half (then turn engine off), video of written dollar amount of what you think the fill will be, video of ENTIRE fill up process (otherwise you will be accuse of cheating, this is Beyond you're guilty until proven innocent)
- MUST STOP AT FIRST CLICK, video of the gas metre in a continous recording motion
- Perfer done during day time (less chance of being accused of cheating by others)
- Guess amount is either higher or lower (i.e. it's not like price-is-right where you go over... it's just the closest difference)

Prize: 3 seperate winners (you may only enter ONE best result) of Petro-Canada gift cards: $50, $50, $25
http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r95/Tomcompany/Past%20repairs/Random/100_3516.jpg

Time frame: - EFFECTIVE NOW... last entry MUST BE time stamped BEFORE October 18, 2009 11:59pm MST (Beyond time)... No excuses (i.e. oh I'm only late by 2 mins, etc... get your videos loaded and posted early, it's got to be fair to all)... So a 1 month running contest

Terms:
- MUST BE CALGARY RESIDENT, other residents find your own local forums
- Winner(s) MUST be willing to provide me with physical mailing address (I don't need your name, you can ask me to write it out to kitty boo boo fuck for all I care)
- These will be MAILED using Canada Post snail mail, no pickups
- If there are more winners (i.e. 4 people having perfect guess), then time stamp prevails, earner posted wins higher amount and so forth.

Disclaimer:
- Tom Co Paintless Dent Repair Ltd. hereafter TomcoPDR.
- Contestants agree to all terms, conditions and disclaimer by entering.
- No purchase necessary.
- Contestants release TomcoPDR and site owner(s) from all and unlimited to injuiries, suffering, deaths in relationship to participating in this contest.
- Prizes in this contest have no cash value with TomcoPDR, TomcoPDR does not give a shit if you're a winner and can't use said item... Don't enter if you won't use said prize(s).
- This contest may be modified and/or cancel without reasons and/or further compensation to contestants.
- BY ENTERING, contestants agree to not engage in any, for whatever reasons, "lawsuits" for whatever the fuck their dumb-ass think they lost by engaging in said contest.
- This contest is neither approved NOR dis-approved by service vendor (Petro-Canada), and is subject to their rules, which prevails.
- This contest is neither approved NOR dis-approved by the hotel bonus points clearing house, and is subject to their rules, which prevails.
- This contest is neither approve NOR dis-approved by Beyond.ca and/or Can West Publishing Inc. and is subject to their rules and modifications, which prevails.
- TomcoPDR is not responsible for lost cards during contest (i.e. car broken into, hotel room raid by dishonest housekeepers, robbed).
- No pickup, gift card(s) will be mailed to winner(s) through Canada Post snail mail in regular letter envelope.
- Contests accepts all mistakes in address errors.
- Contests accepts all mistakes by Canada Post.
- TomcoPDR not responsible nor guarantee amount stated on gift cards (i.e. even though I'm not a shady fucker, but I don't have a shit clue if those amounts are accurate nor the employees at the bonus points clearing house didn't scam the amount before sending them).

GOOD LUCK!

TomcoPDR
09-18-2009, 10:15 PM
Sample entry:

wxY6l7xof6A

I know it's in the dark (try to do it in the daytime)... but I'm not entering :d

So I guessed $30.96
Actual (on first click) $30.31

Difference = $0.65

sneek
09-18-2009, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
Sample entry:

wxY6l7xof6A

I know it's in the dark (try to do it in the daytime)... but I'm not entering :d

So I guessed $30.96
Actual (on first click) $30.31

Difference = $0.65

Geez that is a close. This should be interesting. I love what you are doing!

signature7
09-18-2009, 10:43 PM
hah did it for fun recorded 50.77 and got 46.53, way off.

2EFNFAST
09-18-2009, 10:48 PM
I dunno, those ideas seem like a lot of effort. Can I just have a free gift card because I'm poor? Puh-lease? :(

signature7
09-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Yeah I just did it for fun, when I post my video embarrassing myself with a bad guess 2enffast can have my gift card if by some miracle I win. Are there multiple entries allowed? (didn't read the fine print lol)

edit:Thanks for the reply, I'm just not thinking tonight, it's been a long long week.

TomcoPDR
09-18-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
I dunno, those ideas seem like a lot of effort. Can I just have a free gift card because I'm poor? Puh-lease? :(

Just like I tell the hookers suckin' me off... no, you gotta work for yours bitch.

TomcoPDR
09-18-2009, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by signature7
Yeah I just did it for fun, when I post my video embarrassing myself with a bad guess 2enffast can have my gift card if by some miracle I win. Are there multiple entries allowed? (didn't read the fine print lol)

There's no point in multi-entry, cuz 1 prize per member... so ppl will just be posting their BEST result (from different fills during this month)

KuruptEX
09-18-2009, 11:06 PM
TomcoPDR this is awesome did it for fun also and i was pretty darn close so i cant wait woohoo

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
09-18-2009, 11:45 PM
Will enter, I hope my phone will record long enough for a full fill.

omfgcurtis
09-19-2009, 04:01 AM
what if you use pre pay at the pumps? does that count if it stops at the first click?

TomcoPDR
09-19-2009, 05:04 AM
Originally posted by omfgcurtis
what if you use pre pay at the pumps? does that count if it stops at the first click?

Are you talking about prepaying a set amount ($20, $30), where the pump will automatically stop at those set amounts? If so, then OMFG, Curtis :facepalm:

If you're talking about prepaying as in swiping your credit card at the pumps, I don't see a difference than paying inside.

Edit: Yea Tik-Tok is right (it was late last night)... people will be able to judge if you're trying to cheat... So basically try keeping the camera on at all times... Just play it straight up man, you don't want to be known as a scammer or cheater on Beyond. :thumbsup:

Danny Meehan
09-19-2009, 07:45 AM
Are you talking about prepaying a set amount ($20, $30), where the pump will automatically stop at those set amounts?

Inventive ... or incidentally stupid :D

theken
09-19-2009, 09:11 AM
What about filling a bike. It doesn't click. You hold it up and spray it in till its full. Iwont enter cause I know exactly what my tank holds. Always 17 even

Tik-Tok
09-19-2009, 09:16 AM

It will be easy to tell those cheaters, because the pump always slows down. So even if you preapy $30.21, by the time it's at $30.00, it starts pumping slower than molasses.

AA2001
09-19-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

It will be easy to tell those cheaters, because the pump always slows down. So even if you preapy $30.21, by the time it's at $30.00, it starts pumping slower than molasses .

hahahahahhahah fuck i hate that so much. Gonna try this and see how close i can get:thumbsup:

omfgcurtis
09-20-2009, 01:06 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

It will be easy to tell those cheaters, because the pump always slows down. So even if you preapy $30.21, by the time it's at $30.00, it starts pumping slower than molasses.

not trying to cheat or anything, but most of the time the diesel pump by my place is prepay inside or pay at the pump, i dont see how it would be "cheating" if i prepaid $40 and it first clicks at $36.00, sure it will slow down but it still hasnt clicked.

Team_Mclaren
09-20-2009, 01:18 AM
hmm im gonna give it a try later on.

TomcoPDR
09-20-2009, 03:27 AM

not trying to cheat or anything, but most of the time the diesel pump by my place is prepay inside or pay at the pump, i dont see how it would be "cheating" if i prepaid $40 and it first clicks at $36.00, sure it will slow down but it still hasnt clicked.

I could be wrong, BUT if you "pay at the pump", it means you're swiping and authorize the gas station to hold your credit card until you're finished with filling up.

Versus if you specifically prepay exactly $39.52 before "guessing"... then of course your pump will stop and click at exactly $39.52, which isn't being honest from what I'm trying to do here.

So "fill yourself up accordingly"

Kardon
09-20-2009, 03:45 AM
Well this didn't go as planned did it..

omfgcurtis
09-20-2009, 03:48 AM
fair enough, just wanted to make sure before i used the pay at the pump:thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
09-20-2009, 03:51 AM
Originally posted by Kardon
Well this didn't go as planned did it.. :rofl: No, not at all... but that's life my friend, sometimes you think you're getting in that sweet sweet corn hole, but in the end you just get shit all over yourself.

Guess a change would be if nobody enters than I'll just use them myself, lol... naw maybe think of another way.

There's still hope, I know there're a lot of members with nothing but time on their hands

Mibz
09-20-2009, 08:51 AM
Too much time. 3 people will easily nail it within a month. Tighten the deadline to two weeks or so and, with a sense of urgency, you'll see more submissions.

project240
09-20-2009, 09:17 AM
I was at the pump yesterday without a camera, but I guessed $64.40 for a complete fill... actual amount was $64.35.

I should have had a camera, doubt I'll get closer, lol.

mr2mike
09-21-2009, 12:46 PM
Just a note, I would clarify if the time stamp is on the youtube upload or the time you post in on beyond to say I won with $0.01 off.

Gonna look like a loser videoing my fill-ups.

FraserB
09-21-2009, 01:23 PM
I'll make a video tonight. I have no clue how to get it off my camera onto Youtube though

mr2mike
09-21-2009, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
I'll make a video tonight. I have no clue how to get it off my camera onto Youtube though

Camera video should show up when you plug into a USB port on PC.

Then setup a youtube account. If you have gmail, I believe it's even easier as you can link the two. It explains as you're setting one up.
Then go to upload video, select the video on your camera and wait for upload. Copying to the PC and uploading from there might make it a faster upload.

Then post the link here.

Click youtube button on beyond and paste in the last bit of the url. The part after the equals sign.

TomcoPDR
09-21-2009, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Just a note, I would clarify if the time stamp is on the youtube upload or the time you post in on beyond to say I won with $0.01 off.

Beyond time stamp as entry time... (or edit time if you've got an improved score in between contest time)

rockanrepublic
09-21-2009, 10:44 PM
well im low on gas soo i will fill up tonight but i dout im gonna get close im probably gonna be over 1$ off

signature7
09-23-2009, 10:06 PM
Went to the pump and recorded it again. Man I am brutal at this 44.29 guessed and filled 47.14. As bad as it is, probably the closest i'll get.

adidas
09-23-2009, 10:32 PM
Man i never fill up my gas tank. I always go to pretty much right before the lamp comes on to half a tank.

Ill still enter! :)

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
09-23-2009, 10:52 PM
The video didn't have sound, as my phone wont do sound. . So, I wasn't able to say what my guess was, but I wrote it down on a peice of paper for the camera to see, it should be legit. My guess was 42.11 and I got 41.05 so I was off by a buck six. I will try again before I post a video, I think I can do better.

sneek
09-23-2009, 11:00 PM
So"fill yourself up accordingly"

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

TomcoPDR
09-23-2009, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
The video didn't have sound, as my phone wont do sound. . So, I wasn't able to say what my guess was, but I wrote it down on a peice of paper for the camera to see, it should be legit. My guess was 42.11 and I got 41.05 so I was off by a buck six. I will try again before I post a video, I think I can do better.

Point it anyways... keep posting till u get your best results, who knows if nobody enters, you win by default. lol

rockanrepublic
09-24-2009, 12:06 AM
well here is my video at 3:45AM on the 22nd at a petro on macloud i prepaid 50$ and started filling
i guessed $38.25
was actually $36.89
so i was over by $1.36
=( ill try another shot when my gas goes below half if there is enough time.
Lgu4Dkpgxq4 ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lgu4Dkpgxq4

i hope this followed all the rules:rofl:

TomcoPDR
09-24-2009, 12:22 AM
^^^ That was fuckin' PERFECT :bigpimp: :bigpimp: :bigpimp: Good shot.

rockanrepublic
09-24-2009, 04:50 AM
oh yea ignore my 50cents off part i was goin crazy

Cooked Rice
09-24-2009, 05:23 AM
should do the old gas cap in the handle trick, then no letting go of the handle cheating business.

em2ab
09-24-2009, 07:38 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
should do the old gas cap in the handle trick, then no letting go of the handle cheating business. I was about to say this. You could just let go of the handle as it's passing your mark and it'll make the same click noise. Even if you were standing right there watching the pump, you'd have no idea the guy let go of the handle.
I'm going to make a video myself but I'll stick something in the handle to be fair.

Suey
09-24-2009, 06:54 PM
yea im gonna try this tonight ill make sure too prop it.

dugie
09-24-2009, 11:16 PM
Lets hope i did this right

guessed $28.72
was actually $31.25
Off by $2.53, Better luck next time =/
m4Jdp74mQq4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Jdp74mQq4

TomcoPDR
09-24-2009, 11:51 PM
Good try.

Your hand and bone structure tells me ur Asian, or is it cuz you filled at up pump 8?

The Wanderer
09-25-2009, 09:26 AM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
should do the old gas cap in the handle trick, then no letting go of the handle cheating business.

I would recomend against this for two reasons

1) if an attendant spots something (other than a person) holding the nozzel down they are supposed to stop the pump. When I worked customer circus we often had customer complaints that attendants would stop the pump when customers did this.

2) it is actually unsafe. Most gas companies in Canada removed the fill clips from their nozzel for two safety reasons
i) It can cause and overfill and spill
ii) It is concidered a fire hazzard. Not sure the actual ecplanation for the fire hazzard but I believe it had to do with static and people getting in and out of thier cars while filling

mr2mike
09-25-2009, 09:49 AM
Pff if the attendant stopped my gas for this, I would say come out here and you fill my tank. Especially in the winter I do this all the time. Obviously, I'm aware of the risks and I'm not gonna be a tool and get in and out of my car or step on the hose while it's filling.

Afrodeziak
09-27-2009, 06:01 PM
Here is my entry 17 cents off... I'd call that pretty damn good :)

Guess: $28.99
Acutal: $29.16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QQaSabs3jg

It won't actual embed as a youtube video, not sure why.. even tried it as a new post.

TomcoPDR
09-28-2009, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak

ps. please let me know if you actually need it youtube posted.

Can you? And embed it in the post? I don't have the program to see that ^^^

drtoohotty1
09-29-2009, 01:43 PM
78 cents off FTW will post video later

My guess 37.25
Actual 36.47

lwrrWQWyM70

rockanrepublic
09-30-2009, 06:03 AM
boohoo i thought no one would try out:banghead:
i tried again but did worse then my first one ill try again maybe in a week if this is still going:clap:
**EDIT wait "TomcoPDR" i re-read the rules am i not allowed to submit another one? if not thats fine.**

rockanrepublic
09-30-2009, 06:07 AM
Originally posted by Afrodeziak
Here is my entry 17 cents off... I'd call that pretty damn good :)

Guess: $28.99
Acutal: $29.16
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QQaSabs3jg

It won't actual embed as a youtube video, not sure why.. even tried it as a new post.

4QQaSabs3jg

got it :)

cancer man
09-30-2009, 06:27 AM
This is BS use it for BBQ.

TomcoPDR
09-30-2009, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by rockanrepublic
boohoo i thought no one would try out:banghead:
i tried again but did worse then my first one ill try again maybe in a week if this is still going:clap:
**EDIT wait "TomcoPDR" i re-read the rules am i not allowed to submit another one? if not thats fine.**

Yes you are allow to make many attempts. (my theory is, how many fuckin' fills can 1 person pay for in 1 month, lol)

All I meant was 1 WIN per member (of their BEST fill). And if there are many perfect scores, then time stamp prevails (if someone edits a post, then the editted time is the record; so your later trials get bumped even if you edit a new vid into your eariler posts, I think that's more fair for people who gives this a try)

Good job Afrodeziak :thumbsup: (don't edit that post even if you get a better score, just make a new post)

G-ZUS
10-01-2009, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CbfIC8mn2o

Was off by 92 cents :nut:

zarge
10-01-2009, 06:42 PM
you realize you could use the same pump and a lot of cars tell you exactly how many Ls you used of gas.. calculate on the price

TomcoPDR
10-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by zarge
you realize you could use the same pump and a lot of cars tell you exactly how many Ls you used of gas.. calculate on the price

Well then I suppose those with the electronics will have a slight advantage. Just like 30yo's who goes to MMA class 2hrs/wk, wear tapout and drive BMW trying to pickup high school chicks.

KRZY403
10-03-2009, 08:20 PM
lol I was off by 4 cents. I'll post a vid as soon as I figure out how to upload one.

KRZY403
10-03-2009, 11:19 PM
here it is. If you're wondering why I took out the pump and put it in again, it was because no gas was coming out when i squeezed the lever the first time.

edit: I guessed 43.37 and got 43.33
GMxj0pn5vL8

flipstah
10-11-2009, 12:26 AM
$0.42

I had to drive my mom to T&T, so made a little side bet. She too made a guess and loser paid for the fill.

Quality time well spent. :rofl:

a4cDCaeiyyA

Mar
10-15-2009, 09:46 AM
Bumping to remind myself to do this this week.
Still going on?

TomcoPDR
10-15-2009, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Bumping to remind myself to do this this week.
Still going on?

18th is the deadline... 3 more days

KRZY403
10-15-2009, 11:39 PM
woot only 3 more days left :D

TomcoPDR
10-17-2009, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by KRZY403
woot only 3 more days left :D

12 hours left to enter, :thumbsup: to those who put in the efforts.

TomcoPDR
10-19-2009, 07:05 PM
Contest over, I got these as the top 3 winners. (anyone should look over the entries to make sure I've got it right)

KRZY403, a $0.04 difference
Afrodeziak, $0.17
flipstah, $0.42

speeed
10-19-2009, 07:42 PM
damn didn't know the contest ended yesterday. I just fueled up and i was $0.32 cents off. haha could've got 3rd place.

Congrats to the winners.

flipstah
10-19-2009, 08:30 PM
Contest over, I got these as the top 3 winners. (anyone should look over the entries to make sure I've got it right)

KRZY403, a $0.04 difference

Holy shi- that's super close. Congrats yo! :thumbsup:

KRZY403
10-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks guys! ^^^ Also huge thanks to Tom for his generosity in creating these contests to give back to beyond. :thumbsup:

TomcoPDR
10-20-2009, 11:16 PM
All contestants PM'd and prizes mailed out. (please provide feedback once mail arrives :D )

flipstah
10-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks Tomco! This was fun and hopefully, you'll do it up again in the future! :thumbsup: :love:

5000Audi
10-20-2009, 11:32 PM
ima just do an odd guess in my work truck tommorrow.. hard to guess when its usually over 100L of deisel.. but ima give it a shot...

Awsome job on the winners.. good guessing

KRZY403
10-26-2009, 02:29 PM
yess just checked my mail box and the gas card is here! Thanks again Tom!! :D