PDA

View Full Version : Another car crash on the news

Shaolin
11-11-2003, 06:27 PM
what the fuck.. head on collision going the opposite direction on deerfoot? what the hell was this chick thinking.. anyone hear about it?

CRXguy
11-11-2003, 06:29 PM
sunfire vs cavalier.

must've scary as hell for anyone driving on the same road.

illeagle
11-11-2003, 06:30 PM
Weird...anyone die?

szw
11-11-2003, 06:31 PM
i think the two people in the car going the right direction died.

Melinda
11-11-2003, 06:32 PM
Yeah that was last night. My grandfather passed the accident on the way home. How many fatalities resulted from it? He was sure there was one. By the way, how the heck do you go the wrong way on deerfoot???

kevie88
11-11-2003, 06:32 PM
*fixed*

-----------------------------------------------------------------
CITYBEAT - CITY OF CALGARY PRESS RELEASE
-----------------------------------------------------------------

CALGARY POLICE SERVICE MEDIA RELEASE

On Monday the 10 November 2003 at approximately 5:48 PM, a 36
year-old female was operating a 1999 Pontiac Sunfire
northbound on Deerfoot Trail approaching the ramp for Airport
Trail N.E. The Sunfire crossed the wide center median and
traveled northbound in the southbound median lane of Deerfoot
Trail. The Sunfire traveled northbound for over a kilometer,
forcing southbound vehicles to swerve to avoid colliding with
the Sunfire. A 1990 Chevrolet Cavalier, being driven by a 25
year-old male, was traveling southbound in the median lane,
approaching the Airport Trail exit ramp. The two vehicles
collided head on in the median lane. Both drivers died at the
scene. There were no passengers in either vehicle and no
other vehicles were involved.

Investigation into this collision is continuing.

-30-

Public Contact Information:

Gondi Stylez
11-11-2003, 06:51 PM
that is really messed!! going the opposite way on deerfoot!! fucked to say the least!

Ajay
11-11-2003, 06:59 PM
I saw something similar on Thurs when I was coming back from Matrix Revolutions. Going north on Sarcee past Westhills from the corner of my eye I saw a dude coming down the entrance lane out of Westhills (the lane you go into Westhills from southbound Sarcee). Cars were swerving to get outta this dude's way too....was crazy.

Don't know how people can't see that they're going the wrong way not to mention that in Calgary rarely do you merge from the left hand side.

izzoblitzo
11-11-2003, 07:29 PM
thats bizarre!! if you start seeing headlights oncoming or street signs that are backwards, you'd think to know better to pull over to the side of the road and ask yourself a question.

Ben
11-11-2003, 07:29 PM
Fuck, thats beyond messed up, how the hell could you possbly pull that off. I vote Suicide, its a shame an innocent victim had to die.

illeagle
11-11-2003, 07:50 PM
whoa......That sucks

prelude_crazy
11-11-2003, 09:31 PM
That is a real sahme like ohnlestly wtf.

My thoughts are she was heavily under the influence, Maybe alchohol or drugs. Possibly a halucinagin, if she started driving the wrong way down deerfoot, and dindt bother to stop she probably thought she was flying over the grand canyon or something.

roopi
11-11-2003, 10:24 PM
sad to hear.

if its not suicide then that person is real fucking stupid. if it was suicide the person could have spared someone elses life

kenny
11-11-2003, 10:26 PM
I bet it was just stupidity. My guess is that she missed the Airport Drive turn off while heading northbound and saw that the southbound lanes also have a turnoff so she drove to the other side of the road so she can make a u-turn onto the southbound turnoff but before she made it there someone smoked her head on.

Shaolin
11-11-2003, 10:27 PM
I wouldn't be suprised.. after hearing about that chick on the glenmore crowchild on-ramp, anything is possible. :guns: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

BimmerGirl
11-11-2003, 10:48 PM
Unbelievable. All kinds of drivers out there... man...:werd:

Davetronz
11-11-2003, 11:03 PM
Stupidy....
Drove over 1KM in the wrong direction while others swerved out of the way....
Makes me scared to drive sometimes.

Shaolin
11-11-2003, 11:04 PM
maybe she thought she was trinity cept she was in a car. The matrix had her. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Moonracer
11-11-2003, 11:29 PM
My guess would be a medical problem, I can't see someone trying to commit suicide like that but then again anything can happen.

nosegrindR
11-12-2003, 02:12 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
I saw something similar on Thurs when I was coming back from Matrix Revolutions. Going north on Sarcee past Westhills from the corner of my eye I saw a dude coming down the entrance lane out of Westhills (the lane you go into Westhills from southbound Sarcee). Cars were swerving to get outta this dude's way too....was crazy.

Don't know how people can't see that they're going the wrong way not to mention that in Calgary rarely do you merge from the left hand side.

yeah i see that a few times at the westhills area...so many roads, so many lanes going every which way. and the first turning lane into westhills heading west...ppl coming from sarcee south try to get into it by winding to it...causes problems all the time

Pynch
11-12-2003, 05:27 AM
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GO THE WRONG WAY ON DEERFOOT???

WhiteNikes
11-12-2003, 05:47 AM
Don't want t' sound crude or anything like that, but to go 1 full kilometre in the wrong direction?:confused:

jdmakkord
11-12-2003, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Pynch
HOW THE FUCK DO YOU GO THE WRONG WAY ON DEERFOOT???

Apparently it was at airport trail, the exits are a pain, especially for people that dont know the area. Chances are it was an accident, not suicide.

B17a
11-12-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Moonracer
My guess would be a medical problem,

Unless there's been some significant new research, I don't think there's a medical problem called dumbassitis. This is the third one this year driving backwards to get off a ramp or having missed a ramp. Is there something our water that inhibits the rational thought process? Yet another dumbass Calgarian mercifully taken from us, sadly she did not go alone.

littledan
11-12-2003, 10:57 AM
that's absolutely horrible... poor guy

Moonracer
11-12-2003, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by B17a

Unless there's been some significant new research, I don't think there's a medical problem called dumbassitis. This is the third one this year driving backwards to get off a ramp or having missed a ramp. Is there something our water that inhibits the rational thought process? Yet another dumbass Calgarian mercifully taken from us, sadly she did not go alone.

More like I was hoping it was medical related cause if somebody is that stupid to cross the median and go the wrong way on the fastest road in town then I don't want to drive anymore. :(

link785
11-12-2003, 01:58 PM
Ummmmm, road rage? That time of day is rush huor. I've been in rush hour on the deerfoot, literally stopped on the deerfoot (close to the McKnight exit going north) because there was too much traffic. I have seen people in front of me lose it and start driving up the grass median (several SUVs, several pickup trucks).

My assumption? She was sitting in traffic, lost it, drove up the median and went to the other side of the road. Medical condition my ass, she drove up the WRONG side of the road for over a km? If she had a heart attack or something of the sort, would she not just cross over and go in the ditch? I find it hard to believe she drove up the wrong side of the deerfoot while having some medical problem.

Loose
11-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Download the SDM on the Sunfire! Wonder what is says for pre-crash data..... ?

Khyron
11-12-2003, 03:54 PM
I've seen that once on Crowchild (between 17th Ave and Glenmore) - crazy ass coming wrong way down the south lanes - and this at 2am. Lucky he stayed in 1 lane - I didn't know what to expect.

Khyron

sikh_n_destroy
11-12-2003, 03:59 PM
it could be teh chik goin on teh wrond side of road could be really tired or somethin
so that she didnt see that she was goin on teh opposite way on DEERFOOT.......
but again tats INSANE.....tottally INSANE....
could be anything

Kona9
11-12-2003, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by link785
Ummmmm, road rage? That time of day is rush huor. I've been in rush hour on the deerfoot, literally stopped on the deerfoot (close to the McKnight exit going north) because there was too much traffic. I have seen people in front of me lose it and start driving up the grass median (several SUVs, several pickup trucks).

My assumption? She was sitting in traffic, lost it, drove up the median and went to the other side of the road. Medical condition my ass, she drove up the WRONG side of the road for over a km? If she had a heart attack or something of the sort, would she not just cross over and go in the ditch? I find it hard to believe she drove up the wrong side of the deerfoot while having some medical problem.
Do you know what every single medical conditions side effect or reactions without medication are? Didn't think so!! NONE of us do!! I have unfortunately seen the effects dillusional people without medication (or people needing to take there medication because they forgot) and let me tell you it's not pretty. So until you know that this particular incident was not medically involved. STFU. And what part of having a heart attack "or something of the sort" is controllable? It must be the part that when your driving you only go into ditches while having one.

legereandrew4
11-12-2003, 04:46 PM
yea i drove past that accident the other day about a minute after it happened, it was right by airport trial and when i got to mecknight the first ambulence was going down the ramp towards it... it was the sickest crash i had seen, since you could see the guy on the stearing wheel, and i just found out it was my sisters friend. the guy, not the chick driving, which sucks! but it was a sick accident, thats all i got to say.

link785
11-12-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Kona9
Do you know what every single medical conditions side effect or reactions without medication are? Didn't think so!! NONE of us do!! I have unfortunately seen the effects dillusional people without medication (or people needing to take there medication because they forgot) and let me tell you it's not pretty. So until you know that this particular incident was not medically involved. STFU. And what part of having a heart attack "or something of the sort" is controllable? It must be the part that when your driving you only go into ditches while having one.

I didn't say it was impossible. I simply said, chances that a medical condition caused her to go into and over the median, then correct her steering and continue straight up the road on the wrong side, ignoring the honks, headlights and swirves of oncoming traffic, then hitting someone else head-on, are very slim.

Like I said, I'm just being rational about it. It was rush hour, most likely traffic was at a stand still like it always is at that time of day at that part of the deerfoot. Most likely she was waiting in line for a while. Most likely she got pissed and started road raging. I've seen it before a couple times, and this just fits the description.

Again, I'm not saying it WASN'T a medical condition, I'm saying we shouldn't all assume it was.

szw
11-12-2003, 04:59 PM
apparently this is a big problem in germany

Kona9
11-12-2003, 05:15 PM
Originally posted by link785

I didn't say it was impossible. I simply said, chances that a medical condition caused her to go into and over the median, then correct her steering and continue straight up the road on the wrong side, ignoring the honks, headlights and swirves of oncoming traffic, then hitting someone else head-on, are very slim.

Like I said, I'm just being rational about it. It was rush hour, most likely traffic was at a stand still like it always is at that time of day at that part of the deerfoot. Most likely she was waiting in line for a while. Most likely she got pissed and started road raging. I've seen it before a couple times, and this just fits the description.

Again, I'm not saying it WASN'T a medical condition, I'm saying we shouldn't all assume it was.
I understand what you are saying, but honestly.........think about it Link. I really honestly do not think that anybody ....even at there most pissed off state....would get so mad at backed up traffic, that they would result in crossing the meridian and using the wrong lane as an easy way to get home. I mean really. Doesn't make sense at all. I say.......suicide or medical issues. Hey I'll be the first to admit I may be wrong. But just like YOUR beliefs, these are mine. good debate

B17a
11-12-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Kona9

I understand what you are saying, but honestly.........think about it Link. I really honestly do not think that anybody ....even at there most pissed off state....would get so mad at backed up traffic, that they would result in crossing the meridian and using the wrong lane as an easy way to get home. I mean really. Doesn't make sense at all. I say.......suicide or medical issues.

I think the common thought of all these maniacs was......"well it seemed like a good idea at the time".

link785
11-12-2003, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by B17a
I think the common thought of all these maniacs was......"well it seemed like a good idea at the time".

Agreed. People can get pretty enraged, hell, some people commit murder when they're extremely angry. That is also a loss of control, something a person normally wouldn't do.

None the less, I know you mean Kona, ya gotta be pretty nutty to drive up the wrong side of the road :eek:

SpeedStar
11-12-2003, 08:19 PM
Yeah I know the guy who died in the crash too. Its a real sad and tragic thing, he may have not been the nicest guy in the world to me, but no one deserves such a horrific way of dying... RIP Scott

Dj_Stylz
11-12-2003, 08:33 PM
Yea man i dont know how you can do that drive the wrong way?!?! comeon!

Davetronz
11-13-2003, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by szw
apparently this is a big problem in germany
Sheise!

link785
11-13-2003, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by FastDak318
Sheise!

... scheisse

well, actually it's spelled with a character that we don't use in english, but that's how you would write it :)