PDA

View Full Version : Valid insurance?

harm21
09-19-2009, 12:45 PM
Hey guys,

My pink card expired on the 7th of september and my replacement is "in the mail" due to a change of address. The policy exists, I just don't have the new pink card in hand.

They provided me with a scan of the whole insurance policy before they mailed it. Is a copy of the valid, new insurance card acceptable if I get pulled over or in an accident? Can I just print that off and put it in the glove box?

Thoughts? Not driving until I get the new card isn't an option for me.

Thanks!

spikerS
09-19-2009, 12:48 PM
normally, when first insuring a car, they can email you temporary pink slips that you can print out, or have faxed to you.

personally, i have never had any issue with those.

Zewind
09-19-2009, 12:55 PM
You have vaild insurance.
The scanned copy is just as good as the pink card.

Just make sure the pink cards address is the same as your DL.

cause if they arent, then the cops will hand out tickets.

JordanAndrew
09-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Yes, the scanned copy of your current insurance policy is valid. A temporary slip that they scanned/emailed/faxed to you is fine as well. You're good to go. :thumbsup:

harm21
09-19-2009, 01:44 PM
Awesome! Thanks guys.

I knew about the address having to be the same on both. It's such a pain as a student moving to one place for school, then 8 months later changing it back for the summer, only to repeat next year.

Again, thanks!

2EFNFAST
09-19-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by harm21
Awesome! Thanks guys.

I knew about the address having to be the same on both. It's such a pain as a student moving to one place for school, then 8 months later changing it back for the summer, only to repeat next year.

Again, thanks!

Why are you constantly changing it? Just leave it on your primary residence.

Zero102
09-19-2009, 02:37 PM
As a student moving to goto class you do not need to update your address on your license and insurance. Leave it as your permanent residence and you are fine.

bjstare
09-19-2009, 04:39 PM
^Its true. I'm at UVic, with a permanent residence in Calgary, and have a vehicle insured there. Its all legal, you just have to make sure to carry proof with you in the car that your a student (your student card is usually enough, but one cop I ran into said I need a current transcript or schedule because it could be a fake card... :dunno: )