PDA

View Full Version : Baby shanked in Winnipeg

TorqueDog
09-20-2009, 01:19 PM
In the second time in as many weeks, someone's been caught assaulting a baby.

ASSAULT WITH A WEAPON ARREST C09-210343
On September 19th, 2009 at approximately 4:15 p.m., uniformed members were dispatched to the area of the first 100 block of Gilbert Avenue regarding a domestic related incident.
The investigation has revealed that a 23 year old male and 29 year old female had been involved in a verbal dispute. During the argument, the female was holding their 8 month old son. The altercation escalated to the point when the male took hold of an object from within the residence and swung it in the direction of the female and child. As a result, the child was struck in the upper body causing serious injuries.
Police were summoned at which time the injured child was located. He was transported to hospital in critical, but stable condition.
The 23 year old male suspect was taken into custody.
He is facing the following charges: Aggravated Assault, Assault with a Weapon and Fail to Comply with Conditions of a Recognizance x 2.
He remains in police custody.

Winnipeg baby critical after stabbing
2nd violent incident this month involving a child at north end housing complex

A baby boy was in critical condition in a Winnipeg hospital Sunday after being stabbed at a Shaughnessey Heights public housing complex.

Paramedics and police were called to an apartment at the Gilbert Avenue complex in the city's north end around 4 p.m. Saturday.

Witnesses said three adults emerged from a residence at the complex with an eight-month-old baby boy in tow.

Alicia Moar said the adults appeared to be fighting and the baby was bleeding heavily.

"I ran inside to get a towel and I just came back and the baby had a really big gash over his head.... It was big. You could tell it had lost a lot of blood," Moar said.

Moar said a man was holding the baby as a woman tried to get it away from him. Another woman was trying to stop the struggle because the child's injury was so severe.

A man and a woman, who residents identified as the child's parents, were arrested and taken away by police.

The Winnipeg police child abuse unit is investigating.

More details on the case are expected from police by Sunday afternoon.

The incident took place just metres from where 14-month-old Vanessa Houle had her head repeatedly bashed into a sidewalk earlier this month. Police said Houle had just been abducted by a woman who attacked her.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/manitoba/story/2009/09/20/200909-infant-stabbed.html

This is getting ridiculous. No wonder I moved away from that bloody place.

On a related note, Winnipeg's city council has opted for the following signage to be displayed at the city's corporate borders:

http://torquedog.gotdns.com/lulz/wehatebabies.jpg

dirtsniffer
09-20-2009, 01:23 PM
holly fuck.. both incidents were on the same street..
:barf:

GQBalla
09-20-2009, 01:24 PM
wow...

wtf

hopefully the baby is okay

EK 2.0
09-20-2009, 01:27 PM
Wow, are you fucking kidding me??!!??

chkolny541
09-20-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0
Wow, are you fucking kidding me??!!??

ppl are fucked:werd:

PremiumRSX
09-20-2009, 10:04 PM
Wow, what's wrong with the people that live there.

mac70135
09-20-2009, 10:37 PM
What the shit is wrong with Winnipeg?????? :dunno:

Pahnda
09-20-2009, 11:05 PM
Time to cut off the paint thinner/gasoline/mouthwash supply.

Antonito
09-20-2009, 11:11 PM
Fucking people.

Not to make light of the situation, but a funny thing happened tonight, I was arguing with my Mom about how Winnipeg is a shithole and this story came on the news. It went "oh come on Antonito it's not that bad what the hell is this news story oh my god ok yeah it's fucked"

KuruptEX
09-20-2009, 11:12 PM
i saw neuter/spay everyone living there

tarrantas
09-20-2009, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by Pahnda
Time to cut off the paint thinner/gasoline/mouthwash supply.

this is key ^^^

scat19
09-21-2009, 08:48 AM
My brother moved there for 2 months.. he said it was a shithole, confirming what everyone said. This really adds the icing to the cake.

Hope the baby makes a fully recovery and no mental harm becomes of this.

Z_Fan
09-21-2009, 12:12 PM
Wouldn't it be shocking if these people who did this turn out to NOT be native?

Eleanor
09-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Originally posted by Z_Fan
Wouldn't it be shocking if these people who did this turn out to NOT be native? :(

So true unfortunately.

S13_Ryan
09-21-2009, 05:50 PM
when shit like this happens the offender should just be shot or stabbed in the same way . this shit makes me sick:barf:

Melinda
09-21-2009, 10:01 PM
Gah, so many wonderful people in this world who want children to love and cherish so deserately but cant have them...and then these asshats who treat innocent children like some burden they couldn't flush away. People should be required to have a licence before they have kids.

My thoughts are with the children tonight :(

Type_B
09-21-2009, 10:09 PM
These ppl just figured out that there's no refund on their babies. But talk about domestic disputes, hurting a child in the middle of an argument is a pure coward

Jlude
09-21-2009, 10:35 PM
this place really is fucked