PDA

View Full Version : HELP: 02 Honda Civic Sir stereo code

mdeluxe
09-20-2009, 02:17 PM
I just recently changed my battery and now when i turn the car on it asks for a code. I dont have the user manual nor know where to find this code.

Can anyone help out?

thanks

omfgcurtis
09-20-2009, 02:22 PM
go to the dealer with your registration and picture ID, they can retrieve it with your VIN #

realazy
09-20-2009, 02:25 PM
There's a sticker under the fuse box lid in the engine bay.

mdeluxe
09-20-2009, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by realazy
There's a sticker under the fuse box lid in the engine bay.

i took off the fuse lid and theres no sticker under it.

chkolny541
09-20-2009, 02:35 PM
ive also heard it may be somewhere under the glovebox or something. These codes are notoriously hard to find, apparantly the location changes alot amongst civics. your dealer is your best bet, or else keep checking under the hood.

mdeluxe
09-20-2009, 02:40 PM
thanks i will search

realazy
09-20-2009, 02:50 PM
Well that's a pain in the ass if the sticker locations changes.

I'll tell you where the stickers are on 05 civics, my car in general has the code on:

Card in the owner's manual.
Sticker under the fuse box lid.
Sticker inside the glove box.

Hope these help, if not, best of luck to your search!

mdeluxe
09-20-2009, 04:56 PM
thanks. I dont have my owners manual =S

I searched both those places and nothing. ugggh looks like i gotta call Honda.. so boring with no tunes :banghead:

403ep3
09-20-2009, 07:07 PM
lol that sucks

Why'd you unplug your battery?

Ferio_vti
09-20-2009, 09:48 PM
So it's not like Preludes, where the dealer gave you a card that has the code? I know if I needed a reset, it's nowhere on the car at all.

preludez
09-20-2009, 11:08 PM
Originally posted by mdeluxe
I just recently changed my battery and now when i turn the car on it asks for a code. I dont have the user manual nor know where to find this code.

Can anyone help out?

thanks

pull out the stereo and write it the serial # then bring it to Honda. they can give a code for free

omfgcurtis
09-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by preludez

pull out the stereo and write it the serial # then bring it to Honda. they can give a code for free

Actually they wont. Someone could go steal a stereo and take the serial # to the dealer...

Like i said, take your registration and your drivers license in for proof of ownership and they can retrieve the number from your vin number.

mdeluxe
09-21-2009, 06:53 AM
Originally posted by 403ep3
lol that sucks

Why'd you unplug your battery?

well my old one was done its been there since the dawn of time. I just bought a new MotoMaster. Hopefully its good in winter.

mdeluxe
09-21-2009, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by Ferio_vti
So it's not like Preludes, where the dealer gave you a card that has the code? I know if I needed a reset, it's nowhere on the car at all.

I googled it and it says either under the fust box lid or the glove box.. as written already in this thread.. but neither spots have it.

Looks like ill have to stop by Honda.

JimmyBurner
09-21-2009, 07:47 PM
I had an 00 and same problem, this was in the states though and I just called honda and they gave me the password. I didn't have to hold or anything, so give them a call before making trips.

preludez
09-21-2009, 08:10 PM
Originally posted by omfgcurtis

Actually they wont. Someone could go steal a stereo and take the serial # to the dealer...

Like i said, take your registration and your drivers license in for proof of ownership and they can retrieve the number from your vin number.

just follow my instruction cause i done it b4 and u don't have show ur registration and drivers license unless u need a spare key , there's no connection between vin # and stereo serial #, honda wont ask it..

mdeluxe
09-22-2009, 01:32 PM
went to honda yesterday, and got my serial number by holding 1 and 6 as i turned the car on, gave them the # and got the stereo code.

:bigpimp: