PDA

View Full Version : deck....help needed please!!

noyzz_boyzz
11-11-2003, 09:40 PM
I took my deck out and now I want to know do I need to buy the extra part that holds the deck in or can I use the one that was already on the factory deck (unscrew the black part off)....cause the place that did it for me...charged me extra $25 for that (forgot what that part is called)....I want to know if that is needed or can the deck be placed without it....

the other question is my deck is sticking out is there any I can put it more inside (cause it was perfect in my 88 Accord)......in my Integra....the deck btw is...

http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&dept=9&WLBS=fsweb7&sku_id=0665000FS10025581&catid=&newdeptid=9#

PsI
11-11-2003, 09:57 PM
Are you talking about the mounting brakets or what? If it is them, you should probably buy new ones cuz that will keep the deck from "bulging" out

link785
11-11-2003, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by noyzz_boyzz
the other question is my deck is sticking out is there any I can put it more inside (cause it was perfect in my 88 Accord)......in my Integra....the deck btw is...

Do you have RCAs sticking into the back of the deck for external amplifiers?

noyzz_boyzz
11-12-2003, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by link785

Do you have RCAs sticking into the back of the deck for external amplifiers?

yep

rc2002
11-12-2003, 09:55 AM
The black plastic piece is called a dash kit, and it makes sure that the deck fits properly into your slot in your dash. The dash kit is different for each car so you might have to buy a new one for your integra. Odds are that if you buy the kit and can't push the deck in anymore, you won't be able to push it in without getting a custom made dash kit.

I got an aftermarket deck for my last car and it stuck way out (not flush mounted at all). But such is life. Live with it, or pay a lot of money for a custom made dash kit.

link785
11-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by noyzz_boyzz
yep

RCAs could be the problem then. My deck sticks out about an inch, and I can't get any further in, simply because the RCAs at the back add to the length of the deck, and it hits the plastic back there. Pretty much need a custom mounting kit for my deck, which would cost a few hundred bucks at a shop. I figure for that much money, I can live with the deck sticking out a bit.

noyzz_boyzz
11-12-2003, 02:10 PM
same here...:(

Big_C_racing
11-14-2003, 11:20 PM
is there no way to cut a small hole in the platic peice behind the deck?

engineclueless
11-15-2003, 12:55 AM
yea you can do that but you should make sure you know whats behind that, you dont wanna cut into your firewall or any important wires