PDA

View Full Version : who wants to format my comp

sevewone
09-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Hey so ive tried alot of stuff how to get my comp formatted but Ive had just no luck. Im able to get it formatted later this week but it wont fit my scedule. It seems like this type of work would be running me in 20$ish field, I think?.. Anyways, if anyone can format a comp today/night that would be awsome, you can reach me at 554-8992 ,thanks. And I have all the disks and everything, I just need someones expert abilities to get this thing formatted. & its a pc

Hakkola
09-20-2009, 03:18 PM
You expect someone to pick up the comp and do it, or do it at your place? It might be understandable for a shop to do it for $20 if you have the cd, but if someone has to come do it $20 seems a little low.

When I reformatted and did the updates it took several hours. It's quite easy to do but it can be time consuming. Why aren't you having any luck? Just put the cd in and reboot and it should pretty much take care of itself.

GQBalla
09-20-2009, 03:25 PM
20 dollers is pretty low...

formatting a computer can be very time consuming if you drivers aren't found with windows update.

sevewone
09-20-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
You expect someone to pick up the comp and do it, or do it at your place? It might be understandable for a shop to do it for $20 if you have the cd, but if someone has to come do it $20 seems a little low.

When I reformatted and did the updates it took several hours. It's quite easy to do but it can be time consuming. Why aren't you having any luck? Just put the cd in and reboot and it should pretty much take care of itself.

I would be willig to drop it off for sure I wasnt expecting anyone to come grab it. and yeah, I wasnt aware what the cost was gunna be.
Ive tried everything from loading on partition magic and doing it, but it wont allow me to fully install the program. Ive tried numerous other programs but all of them onyl get to about 90% then I get an error mesage. Ive tried to format through dos, also get a different error mesage, as well as trying to do it with the windows disk. Im sick of pouring more countless hours into this thing, I just think its gunna be to out of my range to get it fixed..

Originally posted by GQBalla
20 dollers is pretty low...

formatting a computer can be very time consuming if you drivers aren't found with windows update.

hmmm, yeah thats what im starting to think now as well.

eblend
09-20-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by sevewone

I would be willig to drop it off for sure I wasnt expecting anyone to come grab it. and yeah, I wasnt aware what the cost was gunna be.
Ive tried everything from loading on partition magic and doing it, but it wont allow me to fully install the program. Ive tried numerous other programs but all of them onyl get to about 90% then I get an error mesage. Ive tried to format through dos, also get a different error mesage, as well as trying to do it with the windows disk. Im sick of pouring more countless hours into this thing, I just think its gunna be to out of my range to get it fixed..

hmmm, yeah thats what im starting to think now as well.

sounds like you got a lot bigger issues then just reinstalling the OS....or you really have no clue what you are doing. When I used to work at a comp store we used to do reformats for $80 bucks....I doubt you will find anyone that desparate to do it for $20

narou
09-20-2009, 08:55 PM
When reformatting don't you just simply insert and boot from disk. Delete partition, create new partition then install OS + everything else you may want/need?

sr20s14zenki
09-20-2009, 09:05 PM
Ok when you boot up with your windows cd in the drive, does it say "press any key to boot from cd" . If so, do you boot from cd and then use the format function in the preliminary install screen? Are you talking that you only get 90% there? If thats the case, you most likely have a bad hard drive, its getting to those sectors and then saying no.

GQBalla
09-20-2009, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Ok when you boot up with your windows cd in the drive, does it say "press any key to boot from cd" . If so, do you boot from cd and then use the format function in the preliminary install screen? Are you talking that you only get 90% there? If thats the case, you most likely have a bad hard drive, its getting to those sectors and then saying no.

werd