PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1993 Civic Si

Kloubek
09-20-2009, 03:16 PM
SOLD!

Kloubek
09-29-2009, 02:01 PM
ok - let's get this moving. A couple of changes:

The vehicle is now pretty clean. First time in years! :) However, in my cleaning I somehow managed to flip a Colts cherry onto the passenger seat. Now there is a pea-sized burn hole. oops.

I also noticed the windshield is in a little worse shape than I thought. It seems to be kinda scratched up, and can be difficult to see out of when the light is coming straight on. Might just need a good cleaning... not sure.

Muffler is really bad. Sounds like a fart can until you reach WOT - then it sounds like a total POS. This must be fixed, and will be shortly if I still have it.

All this does not effect the price. Still $1900. Still the best deal on an Si in Calgary.

And still for sale.

Shane1
09-29-2009, 03:44 PM
I'm interested for a friend...

She's a single mom and can't afford much...

Does or will this car need any maintenance over the winter?

Heat works? How are the tires? Ever been modded?

Thanks,

Sentry
09-29-2009, 03:46 PM
It's an EX, not an Si. Same engine and a lot of the same options, just... It's not an Si.

600rr
09-29-2009, 04:09 PM
It says si on the back of the car, How do you know its not an si as stated?

Kloubek
09-29-2009, 08:36 PM
Couple of more things.

This is a 93 - not a 95. I was going by what my roommate said, and he was wrong.

The car was sold as an Si to my roommate many years ago. That is why he bought it over the other models. It also seems to have the Si options of sunroof and mirrors. However, it only has 14" tires, and I believe the Si had 15"? What makes you think it is not an Si? I certainly don't want to mislead anyone...

It needs nothing mechanical, as far as I know. Inspections welcome. No mods as far as I know - definately none done by my roommate. If the heater didn't work, I'm sure he would have bitched daily so I can only assume it does. Needs nothing to be winterized, and always started for him in the coldest of winters. (It does have a block heater too.)

Clutch works well. Suspension feels decent. Does need an oil change, which I will include now... due to the older age I was not aware of.

Sentry
09-30-2009, 12:49 AM
The Si was hatchback only. If it's a coupe or sedan with a D16Z6 and lots of power options, it's an EX. Like I said it's the same thing, but it's not an Si.

Also this thing is pretty clean and that's a decent price.

Sentry
09-30-2009, 01:04 AM
Run the VIN through one of those free online decoders if you're still skeptical. :P

mo_money2supe
09-30-2009, 01:31 AM
Sentry, you sir are wrong. Canadian coupes came in both DX AND Si, although you are right about the hatches also coming in Si, albeit Canadian Si hatches had rear discs (vs. coupe's only having drums). EX's on the other hand only came on US coupes. If this vehicle has been imported from the states, then yes, this is an EX (easiest way to check is your gauge cluster reading mph, although that can easily be changed too). Another sure sign to determine if it is indeed an EX is if it has power windows. If not, it is in fact an Si. One could only get power windows from the factory on US EX models.

Anyhow, good luck with the sale. If it wasn't for the bondo work, I would've considered the car myself. Great price nonetheless!

EDIT: Just noticed the T&T Honda sticker on the back. It's more than likely that this was a local car since new, meaning that it's a Canadian coupe - that is, it's an Si.

da_rite
09-30-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by Sentry
The Si was hatchback only. If it's a coupe or sedan with a D16Z6 and lots of power options, it's an EX. Like I said it's the same thing, but it's not an Si.

Also this thing is pretty clean and that's a decent price.

thats not true...si came in coupe as well. to get the vtec engine in the sedan its called the ex-v, the si coupe in the states is called the ex

Sentry
09-30-2009, 01:38 AM
Ahhhh fuck thats right. If you ran it through a VIN decoder it would show up as "Canadian Si". I knew that too.

Same with the 96-00, the US EX is our Si, the us Si is our SiR.

INITIALD
09-30-2009, 07:43 AM
Check PM

Kloubek
09-30-2009, 08:54 AM
It has manual windows, and is a Canadian car. (At least, nothing is in miles.)

Thanks for CSIing this guys. Sentry had me nervous! :)

Kloubek
10-01-2009, 10:01 AM
c/s. (c/t actually...)

Kloubek
10-03-2009, 12:23 AM
Gone to a good guy. Thx Chris.