PDA

View Full Version : wrong last name on the statement from the court and its website California

09-20-2009, 10:25 PM
I got a traffic ticket for riding my bicycle in the wrong direction bike lane on Sep. 2, and the information on the ticket was all correct. But a few days ago I received a statement from the local court, however, it missed the last letter of my last name. I searched for my ticket on the court's website, and my name there is still not right. And I don't have a driving licence, so the cop didn't got my DL number. Is this ticket still valid? If so, is there any way I'll be able to use this mistake in court to get the ticket thrown out? I know this is a car forum, but I really need help, thanks.

Hash_man
09-20-2009, 10:34 PM
You may want to contact someone local to you regarding local laws... most members here are from Calgary, AB, Canada and area... just a heads up/

97'Scort
09-20-2009, 11:38 PM
OP's gotta be a troll, haha. Wrong direction, driving with no license? There's no way you got off with just a ticket.

Super_Geo
09-20-2009, 11:51 PM
I practiced traffic law in California for 8 years. The ticket is invalid. You don't need to pay it, or show up to court. They'll take care of it on their own.

zipdoa
09-21-2009, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
I practiced traffic law in California for 8 years. The ticket is invalid. You don't need to pay it, or show up to court. They'll take care of it on their own.

I taught Super_Geo everything he knows about law.

He is telling the truth.

scat19
09-21-2009, 08:44 AM
Originally posted by zipdoa

I taught Super_Geo everything he knows about law.

He is telling the truth.

Geo and zip and I had a Law Practice together.

I fully stand behind these two, as they had great rapport from our customers. They were not only able to win all of their cases, but they were also able to govern themselves accordingly.

R154
09-21-2009, 08:55 AM
Originally posted by scat19

Geo and zip and I had a Law Practice together.

I fully stand behind these two, as they had great rapport from our customers. They were not only able to win all of their cases, but they were also able to govern themselves accordingly.

I can attest to this statement, I was a client of Scat, zip and geo Inc. LTD.
I can confirm that their legal counsel is second to none. My tickets (x5) were dismissed before they reached the court-house.

+1 for honest, and worthy legal counsel. Their retainer was a little steep, @ 100$/10min Consult. They charge minimum 2 hours, payment can be made to them through paypal.

PM them to make proper arrangements. Proceed without interruption!

- R154

tarrantas
09-21-2009, 09:17 AM
:hijack:

09-21-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
OP's gotta be a troll, haha. Wrong direction, driving with no license? There's no way you got off with just a ticket.
I didn't drive without a license, instead, I just rode my bicycle without it, and I have never heard of a riding license before. I believe most people ride their bicycles without a DRIVING license~

FraserB
09-21-2009, 12:03 PM
After you get abused here OP, please dont try and sue us.

alloroc
09-21-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by 5122045

I didn't drive without a license, instead, I just rode my bike without it, and I have never heard of a riding license before. Stupid people ride their bikes without a DRIVING license~

Fixed.

Riding your bike on the streets in Ca.? Doesn't your drivers licence have the organ donor permission on the back?

TKRIS
09-21-2009, 01:29 PM
Because this is so funny (both intentionally, and unintentionally) I'm reluctant to point out that perhaps, just perhaps, it was a bicycle, not a motorcycle.

alloroc
09-21-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS
Any of your retards consider that maybe he was riding a bicycle, not a motorcycle?
The retards might not have but I did.

After spending 2 weeks in Cali, there is no way anyone should be riding a bike on the streets there. The right way or the wrong way.
:eek:
So if you are riding on the street without a licence - you are stupid...

If you are riding a bike on the street with your licence ... you are stupid ...

and if you post here about it you are stupider.
http://www.buddy-icons.info/img/smile/1569.gif

JfuckinC
09-21-2009, 01:36 PM
Because this is so funny (both intentionally, and unintentionally) I'm reluctant to point out that perhaps, just perhaps, it was a bicycle, not a motorcycle.

:rofl:

i dont know how they didnt figure that out.

97'Scort
09-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Haha I just assumed ticket plus "bike" plus "car forum" meant motorbike.

However, if you're riding on the road, a bike is considered a vehicle. I'd say the wrong direction ticket would stand.

TKRIS
09-21-2009, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by alloroc

The retards might not have but I did.

Sure, you're smart enough to know it was on a bicycle.
Not smart enough to have seen where he specifically says "bike lane", but smart enough to know he was talking about a bicycle...

;)

scat19
09-21-2009, 02:40 PM

Sure, you're smart enough to know it was on a bicycle.
Not smart enough to have seen where he specifically says "bike lane", but smart enough to know he was talking about a bicycle...

;)

TKRIS would you like to come work for us? You governed yourself accordingly.

Supa Dexta
09-22-2009, 10:46 AM
I'm a member of the government and I play the accordian. :dunno: