PDA

View Full Version : Laser Quest Cheats?

Tarrantula
09-21-2009, 09:17 AM
I heard a rumor that there used to be a number of cheats for the guns at laser quest in Calgary, beside Safeway on Horton Road.

Can anyone verify this? or remember how exactly to do any of them?

I remember there used to be one cheat that would give you a constant sweep of the laser, so you only had to hold down the trigger and you could get quite a few people.

I am having a laser tag war with a bunch of buddies from work later this month, want to make sure our team does better than the others. :D

Any comments are welcome.

hampstor
09-21-2009, 09:24 AM
I worked there for a year while I was in school... The visible laser you see isn't what tags the other player, there is an IR beam that actually tags the other pack. If you look down the barrel, you will see the IR transmitor right above the laser.

The rapid fire you speak of I've found is fairly pointless. I'd rather just pull the trigger as fast as I can. Plus, i believe the gameset has you limited to 10 rapid fires anyway.

The best way to play, is to hold the laser sideways and pull the trigger with your thumb. Approach another player sideways, hold the laser either infront or above your head. That way, you are only presenting 2 targets - the one down the barrel and the single shoulder one. Move the laser up/down over head etc while you approach - it will make it harder to hit the sensor down the barrel in the laser. Also by using your thumb to pull the trigger, you will find that it won't strain your hand as much as if you used your index finger. Don't be shy with the trigger, you have unlimited shots.

Most of the marshalls dont catch it normally, but if you hold your fingers over the end of the barrel in a V pattern (covering the sides), it will cover the barrel sensor. If they catch you tho, you will probably get a warning (there's a rule that says "will not cover any sensors..."). Do this + what i mentioned above, and you will be harder to hit.

sk8r3124
09-21-2009, 09:39 AM
Are you looking for tips for CCC, cause if you are, I have nothing for you. I still need to dominate everyone there.

Tarrantula
09-21-2009, 09:44 AM
Originally posted by sk8r3124
Are you looking for tips for CCC, cause if you are, I have nothing for you. I still need to dominate everyone there.

No, but If I was in the CCC and in the Red Division... I would beat you down :P

mr2mike
09-21-2009, 09:53 AM
a0e9157QVNM

sk8r3124
09-21-2009, 09:55 AM
hahaha
nope, I am blue division.
my secret is to walk sideways wherever possible. It limits the exposure of the targets on your chest and back. Also, I always aim for the persons laser barrel. Also, I always tilt my laser at a bit of n angle, seems to do the trick a little better.

My biggest thing is I stay in hugely populated areas. Most of the time I will have like 3 or 4 people trying to shoot me at the same time. And they don't realize that with the way the set up is, when multiple people shoot you at the same time, the lasers end up cancelling each other out.

Tarrantula
09-21-2009, 09:59 AM
hahaha
nope, I am blue division.
my secret is to walk sideways wherever possible. It limits the exposure of the targets on your chest and back. Also, I always aim for the persons laser barrel. Also, I always tilt my laser at a bit of n angle, seems to do the trick a little better.

My biggest thing is I stay in hugely populated areas. Most of the time I will have like 3 or 4 people trying to shoot me at the same time. And they don't realize that with the way the set up is, when multiple people shoot you at the same time, the lasers end up cancelling each other out.

Yeah, I have been using the stay sideways tactic for a while. Im in red division and I posted the top score for our team through 3 rounds.. I just stayed on the left hand side at the top of the stairs in the southwest corner of the complex. seems to be the best place cause everyone was huddling there. got me some good scores ha ha.

What company you play for?

zieg
09-21-2009, 10:01 AM
You guys should go try paintball/airsoft. ;)

Tarrantula
09-21-2009, 10:02 AM
^^ Corporate Challenge. No paintball or airsoft.

The_Rural_Juror
09-21-2009, 10:03 AM
Looking to cheat for Corporate Challenge? How pathetic is that? :thumbsdow

Tarrantula
09-21-2009, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
Looking to cheat for Corporate Challenge? How pathetic is that? :thumbsdow

Hey, I never said I was cheating for the challenge. We are all going out AFTER the challenge is over to see who is best in OUR company.

I can cheat all I want AFTER we win corporate challenge. ha ha.

The_Rural_Juror
09-21-2009, 10:17 AM
It's not even fair. We have 3 former NAC players in our division.

Originally posted by Tarrantula

Hey, I never said I was cheating for the challenge. We are all going out AFTER the challenge is over to see who is best in OUR company.

I can cheat all I want AFTER we win corporate challenge. ha ha.

I trust you will govern yourself accordingly then.

Tarrantula
09-21-2009, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
It's not even fair. We have 3 former NAC players in our division.

Which is?

sk8r3124
09-21-2009, 10:40 AM

Yeah, I have been using the stay sideways tactic for a while. Im in red division and I posted the top score for our team through 3 rounds.. I just stayed on the left hand side at the top of the stairs in the southwest corner of the complex. seems to be the best place cause everyone was huddling there. got me some good scores ha ha.

What company you play for?

I play for Service Intelligence.
But lucky for the rest of Blue division, Soccer is also tonight, and that takes priority. So no gold medal in laser tag this year.

Tarrantula
09-21-2009, 10:46 AM

I play for Service Intelligence.
But lucky for the rest of Blue division, Soccer is also tonight, and that takes priority. So no gold medal in laser tag this year.

if your team wins, you can request another Medal you know..

Im captain for the team I play for.. I can request you a medal WHEN we win today :D

sk8r3124
09-21-2009, 11:21 AM

if your team wins, you can request another Medal you know..

Im captain for the team I play for.. I can request you a medal WHEN we win today :D

I had to relinquish my team captaincy, cause I am also team captain for soccer.

Tarrantula
09-21-2009, 11:26 AM

I had to relinquish my team captaincy, cause I am also team captain for soccer.

That sucks.. I am team captain for Softball as well. So luckily none of my sports were conflicting.

sk8r3124
09-21-2009, 11:30 AM
Ya we had softball all weekend.
haha we caught one of the teams using an Illegal bat.
The got kicked out because of it. They tried to contest it, but we were like your cheating, and worst of all you are tarnishing your company's reputation.

Tarrantula
09-21-2009, 11:32 AM
Ya we had softball all weekend.
haha we caught one of the teams using an Illegal bat.
The got kicked out because of it. They tried to contest it, but we were like your cheating, and worst of all you are tarnishing your company's reputation.

Which bat? we had BOTH our teams get caught with illegal bats, but the umpire just gave them a warning.

We own an illegal Jak'd Bat, but I didnt bring it so we wouldnt even get accused of using it.

mr2mike
09-21-2009, 04:59 PM
Wow, I never knew corp. softball was so competitive. Urine testing too? haha

Tarrantula
09-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Wow, I never knew corp. softball was so competitive. Urine testing too? haha

ALMOST! ha ha

Update for Everyone, Our Company is currently 3rd in the Red Division, and our LT team finished 4th overall!! damn you forzani's!!!