PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Q?

speedog
09-21-2009, 02:07 PM
Still being relatively new here on Beyond, I have to ask the question - was this site always so Calgary focused or did it evolve into that focus? Have done searches on the forums and snooped around www.beyond.ca and can not find anything that would provide an answer/clue to the above. Just wondering (as usual) although I find the Calgary focus of this web site to be very useful/informative (and also entertaining) as I've been a Calgarian for the last 30 years.

Mar
09-21-2009, 02:52 PM
I believe it started as a Calgary automotive enthusiast website and slowly evolved into what it is now, there's members from all kinds of countries. Most members are in Calgary though, including the owners of the site. So more discussions are locally based.

core_upt
09-21-2009, 02:52 PM
Beyond.ca came out of 403honda and a few other forums.... it has been Calgary focused since day 1.

cr-xbrian
09-21-2009, 03:13 PM
i heard it was originally based out of winnipeg. could be wrong:dunno:

scat19
09-21-2009, 03:20 PM
I can't find Rage2's(big cheese) post, but he was saying he had the domain name in his name, and with no other use for it, used it for this site, and that's how the beyond name came to be.

BerserkerCatSplat
09-21-2009, 03:24 PM
abcars -> utter failure -> Beyond.

CUG
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by BerserkerCatSplat
abcars -> utter failure -> Beyond. Remembers albertacars LOL

Hakkola
09-21-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by cr-xbrian
i heard it was originally based out of winnipeg. could be wrong:dunno:

You're wrong.

Haha, I remember when mentioning abcars would replace 'abcars' with lamers or something. (Obviously I don't remember it that well). :rofl:

I wonder how many thousands of hours of spent on this site? :banghead: