PDA

View Full Version : University student Shaw discount?

iblizzard
09-21-2009, 06:11 PM
I'm a student at U of C and have heard talk about Shaw offering discounted rates for all three of their major services to students. I was just wondering if anyone had any info about these rates?

I'm paying $41.95/month for just Shaw "Xtreme-I" right now (Will be $10 more once my current promotion runs out), but if I can get basic cable and phone tacked onto that for just a few dollars more, I would love to do that. I can't find any information on either ucalgary.ca or shaw.ca.

Just thought I'd ask around to see if anyone knows the specifics before I call Shaw.

sabad66
09-21-2009, 06:46 PM
I got just the cable deal (since i'm still locked in to telus on a contract) which was 24.95 per month for basic digital. It was 34.95/month for full digital, and I believe all 3 (cable, phone, internet) was like 69.95 per month.

It is a pain in the ass though, you have to go into the retail store on barlow and log in to myuofc on their computer and show them your schedule. ID alone is NOT good enough.

dj_rice
09-21-2009, 07:11 PM
I got the full classic cable which is now digital since they gave me a free digital cable box and high speed internet for $53/month

And in order to get the student pricing, you have to have student ID and your class schedule to show that you are a full-time student and you have to pre-pay for either 8 months of service or 12 months of service, it might be different in Calgary but thats how it is in Edmonton, before you could just sign up and once your contract is up, call back to renew for X amount of months but now you actually gotta come in and prove your a student

buh_buh
09-21-2009, 07:13 PM
Are any of their deals on their website?

beecue
09-21-2009, 07:18 PM
Here are the prices...

Basic Cable - $24.95/month
Classic Cable - $34.95/month

Internet - $22.45/month
Extreme Internet - $32.45/month

Digital Phone Lite - $19.95/month

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=776079

If you get more than one service then you can do pre-authorized payments instead of paying all of it upfront.

Mine comes out to $93.xx for HD Basic with Sports, Xtreme and Phone lite.

Student deal is not posted on their site.

Oh and I got the deal by just showing my student card because that's what the rep on the phone told me to bring. :dunno:

ronaldo
09-21-2009, 08:25 PM
any idea when this is on till?

CRXguy
09-21-2009, 09:07 PM
discounts for SAIT students?

Pihsiak
09-21-2009, 09:18 PM
As long a you are post secondary you can get this deal

- Account needs to be under your name tho
- Promo is now either 8 months or 12 months so you don't have to come back in April to do Spring and Summer
- You can either Lump Sum it or go on Auto withdraw off bank accnt or Credit Card if you have Cable or Phone (internet is lump sum)
- Free rental of a standard def box
- You do have to prove you are full time student tho (I think it is because they want to give students a break. You go to school, you have to work PT so why not have a deal? If you are not in school all the time, then get a job and pay full price)

I have Digital Cable, High Speed internet and Digital Phone basic with Voice mail. cost me like 75 bucks a month after tax. shaw's website shows it would have costed like 135.00 after tax

Originally posted by ronaldo
any idea when this is on till?

Promo ends on Oct 15th