PDA

View Full Version : OOP inspection

AutodreamMarvin
09-22-2009, 12:54 AM
I'm trying to get my car to pass on OOP and I failed because of a CEL?

Can they fail you for a CEL?

The codes are for:
-CAS
-O2 sensor

Does anyone know of any repair shops that don't try to rip you off to pass an OOP?

No I don't need one that is "shady" I just want one that is fair, and not trying to upsell me on repairs.

BTW, this is not for a JDM car either.

Cooked Rice
09-22-2009, 01:36 AM
you're back in calgary?

DonJuan
09-22-2009, 08:45 AM
Hey Marv, I take all my OOP to Rams Transmission on 17th Ave SE. Talk to Victor or anyone there and say you heard about him on Beyond, or the internet. He is very fair, and not at all shady. Good guy!
:thumbsup:

Weapon_R
09-22-2009, 08:52 AM
Victor at Ram's is awesome! I have taken a few cars there and he doesn't rip people off.

black13
09-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by DonJuan
Hey Marv, I take all my OOP to Rams Transmission on 17th Ave SE. Talk to Victor or anyone there and say you heard about him on Beyond, or the internet. He is very fair, and not at all shady. Good guy!
I Just took my car their two weeks ago. Ram or Vic are both nice guys. Highly recommended and their price is cheaper than most places. $125 for OOP.

J NRG
09-22-2009, 08:28 PM

AutodreamMarvin
09-27-2009, 12:12 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
you're back in calgary?

Nah, I'm still in school in Van. How's KA-T going?

Originally posted by DonJuan

Thanks bud! I'm pretty ticked about getting a fail for a CEL.
Hopefully this guy is honest.

LittleAngel
09-28-2009, 04:49 PM
What the Inspection Involves
This inspection is a basic safety or mechanical fitness assessment that must be performed by a certified journeyman technician who is licensed by Alberta Transportation’s Vehicle Inspection Program (VIP). Typically the inspection takes two hours to perform.

The mechanical fitness portion of the OOP vehicle inspection involves virtually all vehicle components including fuel and exhaust systems, all electrical, engine controls, powertrain, driveline, steering, suspension, braking systems, wiring and lights, tires, glass, wipers and defrosters.

http://www.transportation.alberta.ca/2821.htm

I'm 99% sure that a mechanic can fail it for cel light on. Cel light being on can mean many things, and you just stated it was 02 sensor, so that would be a fail...

Honestly, and no offense, but why do people get mad when their car fails an inspection... i mean, its the mechanics licenses that are on the line, if you were a mechanic would you pass someones car that you don't know and risk loosing your license? probably not, but you want others to do it for you. I know the techs at my dealership won't pass, especially for some guy/girl they have never met before! ha.

The thing that people don't realize is lets just say the mechanic fails your car, they can and sometimes do send in a "failed" form . now lets say they do send that, and then the guy goes and gets an inspection elsewhere and they pass it, and the registries find that failed letter and then get a passed letter, they will ask the owner to provide proof of repair, owner cant, they go back to the "approved place" and whoops sucks to be that mechanic...

I guess when it all gets sums up, don't blame the mechanic for wanting to keep his career... just get your car fixed, i mean eventually your going to have to... right?:rolleyes: