PDA

View Full Version : Driving instructor

wesyu
09-22-2009, 10:34 AM
i signed up an 10 hour driving on road lesson on a driving school...

i just had my first lesson yesterday, but the instructor was a little bit rush...

1. he was late 20 mins because he couldnt find my place...(i gave him my address when i booked appointment with him)

2. i booked for 1 lesson which is supposed to be 1 hour, but he gave me 2 hours lesson without informing me first..

2. he spent 20mins for gas and washroom during the lesson, so it was actually only a 1 hour and 20 mins lesson..

3. his teaching sometimes confused me...like he asked me to turn off signal before i entered the intersection or wait for green light...he said he doesnt want his light burn out.

4. he made several phone calls during the lessons, and it was quite distracting me

i have questions here, is his behaviour and attitude normal? are all instructors like him? should i call the driving school and ask them to assign me another instructor?

diamondedge
09-22-2009, 12:08 PM
Which driving school? When I went with AMA the instructor was polite and very professional.

FraserB
09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
Ya, call the school and post up which one. AMA was very good with me when I did mine. At minimum they should give you another 2 hr class at no charge.

MugenBB6
09-22-2009, 12:40 PM
i went with "A" Driving School and it was awesome. The instructor was funny but professional at the same time. It made those 5 days of teaching and driving fun.

Afrodeziak
09-22-2009, 01:22 PM
I'd be either calling for a refund or another 2 hours with someone else. Simply tell them that the instructor was not efficient with the timeframe, was on his cell phone.... nobody should be on their cell while instructing someone.. that's BS

You wonder why we have some many shitty drivers on the road...

That is very unprofessional of this instructor. Back in the day I used AMA as well.. went well.

Kennyredline
09-22-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by MugenBB6
i went with "A" Driving School and it was awesome. The instructor was funny but professional at the same time. It made those 5 days of teaching and driving fun.
I used to teach there...we were told NOT to use our phones when we had a student...it just makes sense...

Mibz
09-22-2009, 04:07 PM
OP's in Ontario.

But no, that behaviour's not normal. I'd get your money back and go somewhere reputable.

ATARI
09-22-2009, 04:46 PM
mine was weird too

MugenBB6
09-22-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

I used to teach there...we were told NOT to use our phones when we had a student...it just makes sense...

Haha really? I had a chinese instructor. I think his name was kent? i took the classes through high school. He didn't go on his cell phone but he was just funny as hell. When he took me to the skid course he went all out and sstarted creaming and shit hahaha

ATARI
09-22-2009, 06:37 PM
my guy went shopping for a bbq for his son as a housewarming gift
hahah

MugenBB6
09-22-2009, 08:41 PM
Mine bought me lunch and drinks on our 15 min breaks lol. Took me to T&T cause he needed groceries for his wife haha

wesyu
09-22-2009, 08:47 PM
i am from ontario, and i had another instructor before, and he talked on cellur phone too.....are ontario driving instructors all like that?

i already paid $200 for $450 program by visa card which includes 20 hours in class lecture and 11 hour on road. I have been to 2 lectures (6 hours) and 2 hours drvie (it's actually 1hr and 20mins)...

i asked the other person who has the same instructor...and he told me the instructor askes him to turn off signals untill car reaches intersection too. same reason, he doesnt want his signal light burn out....

the in class lecture is good, but the instructor i have is very unprofessional...i perfer textbook type. he's a nice person, but i just want to pass my driving exam.

Kennyredline
09-22-2009, 08:52 PM

Haha really? I had a chinese instructor. I think his name was kent? i took the classes through high school. He didn't go on his cell phone but he was just funny as hell. When he took me to the skid course he went all out and sstarted creaming and shit hahaha
Wow...I never got THAT turned on from the skid car....

J NRG
09-22-2009, 09:01 PM

Zigo
09-22-2009, 10:54 PM

:clap: A+++ for them also.

KO22
09-22-2009, 11:16 PM
hahaha.. thats exactly the kind of guy I had when i went through driving school 2 years ago.. and it was through AMA.. the guy let me drive 3 classes before realizing i didnt even do my in-class first ( he realized i didnt know what the fuck mirror/shoulder/signal/shoulder or whatever the hell it is again was ahaha).. he was on the phone 95% on the phone with other clients.. he would make me drive to another guys house then get the other guy to drive me to my house.. and about 80% of the time he wasnt even looking at the road he was looking at his books trying to schedule other ppl in.. pathetic if you ask me.

His name was dave or something i dont remember.. drives the silver mazda 3.. see him time to time still, just always fly past him for shits and giggles hahaha :banghead:

MugenBB6
09-23-2009, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

Wow...I never got THAT turned on from the skid car....

lol guessed he had alot of fun playing with that car. He had lots of fun demonstrating for me. But :thumbsup: for A Driving!