PDA

View Full Version : why are my *.torrent files 0 bytes at U of C?

nonlinear
09-22-2009, 12:11 PM
I've never had this problem before, but i've tried downloading a *.torrent file from several different trackers today, and they are all downloading as 0 bytes and I can't open them. Did U of C start blocking these?

does anyone know how I can download this at U of C?

sr20s14zenki
09-22-2009, 12:15 PM
Dont most Post Secondary associations block torrent traffic? Youve been able to download from there before? S.A.I.T blocks torrent traffic, hell you cant even download a picture over msn thru their internet setup.

nonlinear
09-22-2009, 12:19 PM
yea, torrents have always worked for me here.

right now i'm not sure if the client is working or not, but i just can't download the *.torrent from the web. how can i get around this?

the new brother ali album is out today, and even though i'm on the rhymesayers street team and get it for free anyhow, it won't be here for a week or so and i want to hear it now haha.

Kardon
09-22-2009, 12:42 PM
Some private trackers allow you to download the .torrent file as a text file, then once received you just change it back to a .torrent.

Neil4Speed
09-22-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear
yea, torrents have always worked for me here.

Torrents have worked really well for me at the university, about double the speed of that at home.

Try downloading the torrent files at home and then running them at Uni if thats an option

soupey
09-22-2009, 05:56 PM
i remember the torrents being blokced, but u could always download the .torrent files at home and start downloading them later at school, used to go crazy fast!