PDA

View Full Version : who sells castrol synthitic oil?

TomTom
08-23-2002, 04:23 PM
what places carry it? its the oil thats used in my car but i dono where to buy it

Toma
08-23-2002, 04:27 PM
WalMart....

BUT, you should know the Castrol is not a full synthetic. They use a conventional base stock with synthetic additive package.

Actaully Mobile One sued Castrol for claiming their oil is 100% synthetic but lost the case, so many manufacturers are now doing the same thing as Castrol.....claiming 100% synthetic, but using conventional base.

REAL synthetic is gonna run ya over $10 per litre.... Amsoil, Red Line etc...

Toma

TomTom
08-23-2002, 04:35 PM
well trendkill used castrol syn oil when he owned the car , and i have read alot on the boards about how bad it is to switch your kind of oil so i thought i would stick with the same...

does anyone know for sure if it can harm your car in any way by switching oils? if it dosnt than what should i use?

trendkill
08-23-2002, 04:50 PM
switching oil dont do S--T put what u want in man,

mischief
08-23-2002, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by TomTom
what places carry it? its the oil thats used in my car but i dono where to buy it

You can get it at pretty much any auto parts store. They have it and canadian tire, partsource, wal-mart, zellers, costco, etc.

Originally posted by TomTom
does anyone know for sure if it can harm your car in any way by switching oils? if it dosnt than what should i use?

You won't harm you car by switching between grades and manufactures of synthetic oil. Switching between synthetic and conventional oil could have and effect on your car though.

James
08-24-2002, 04:33 AM
Could it hurt your engine (with 117,000km) to start running Synthetic? after using conventional.:dunno: