PDA

View Full Version : Winnipeg Man Set on Fire by Car thieves...

CUG
09-23-2009, 10:05 AM
http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2023640

A Calgary man says he's struggling to understand why a group of brazen thugs doused his 32-year-old son with paint thinner and set him on fire outside his Winnipeg home early on Tuesday -- less than a week after he himself was swarmed and beaten there in the same neighbourhood.

"If they had thrown any more liquid on him, he would be dead by now," Ralph Sanderson said from a hotel room he was sharing with his son, Derek, who is recovering from second-and third-degree burns.

Emergency crews were called to a home in the trendy southwest neighbourhood of Wolseley around 4:30 a. m.

Mr. Sanderson said his son called 911 after hearing noises in his backyard.

The operator allegedly told him to go outside and check it out himself. When he did, a group of three men, dressed in black and between the ages of 18 to 25, threw paint thinner on him and set him ablaze, Mr. Sanderson said.

"[The 911 operator] told him to go outside and take a look and see what they were doing," he said. "That was probably the dumbest thing to do."

Winnipeg's emergency dispatchers dispute that charge, and Mayor Sam Katz said yesterday he personally listened to a recording of the call, and the man had not been asked to go outside.

"I can tell you categorically that did not happen," the mayor said.

A police spokesman said a review was done of the dispatched call and the matter was handled "appropriately."

Mr. Sanderson said the group had broken into his son's car and had at least three containers of paint thinner with them.

"We were thinking the reason they brought them originally was that they were going to burn his house down," he said.

Both Mr. Sanderson and his son believe the group responsible for this attack was also involved in an altercation with the two Sandersons last Wednesday.

Mr Sanderson said that, on Sept. 16, he and his son were confronted by a group of four men in an alleyway by his son's home. When they told the group to leave, he said, they pulled out knives and repeatedly hit the elder Sanderson in the face with an 8-ball held inside a sock.

He was taken to hospital and had to get four stitches. To make matters worse, he said, when the two returned from hospital, they discovered that their truck had been stolen by teenagers.

Mr. Sanderson said the truck eventually took police on a high-speed chase and ended up ramming into a cruiser. The three accused teens face a total of 17 charges. A box of black-and-white family photographs that had been in the truck was never recovered.

Winnipeg police said yesterday the investigation into the torching attack was continuing.

"[It's] kind of a horrific event for anyone to hear about. I can't imagine," said Winnipeg Constable Jason Michalyshyn. "There is no question. This is a very unfortunate circumstance."

Canwest News Service, with files from Global Winnipeg

Read more: http://www.nationalpost.com/news/canada/story.html?id=2023640#ixzz0RwjmPqPj

Wow.

CUG
09-23-2009, 10:07 AM
PS: The Police in Winnipeg are not even close to having a handle on ANYthing. Limp-dick policing that cannot be saved by maintaining their procedure.

JfuckinC
09-23-2009, 10:11 AM
i wish i could pass a lie detector test.
i would apply for the winnipeg police force tomorrow. Probably only last a year or two. but fuck would it feel good.

beyond_ban
09-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
i wish i could pass a lie detector test.
i would apply for the winnipeg police force tomorrow. Probably only last a year or two. but fuck would it feel good.

No shortage of action, that's for sure.

J NRG
09-23-2009, 10:17 AM

GOnSHO
09-23-2009, 10:21 AM
WTF is going on in winnipeg?? someone mustve poured crack into the drinking water or soemthing, cuz these people are going NUTS!!

almerick
09-23-2009, 10:25 AM
It's as if a virus is making everyone go crazy violent these days

JfuckinC
09-23-2009, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by GOnSHO
WTF is going on in winnipeg?? someone mustve poured crack into the drinking water or soemthing, cuz these people are going NUTS!!

No someone is totally copy catting the guy from the dark knight (scarecrow??). hallucinogens in the water supply!!

GQBalla
09-23-2009, 10:29 AM
wtf is going on with Winnipeg

thats so fucked up

Pahnda
09-23-2009, 10:33 AM
What a joke, I almost went to Winnipeg this weekend but in the end can't make it out. Starting to think it was for the best...

Beerking
09-23-2009, 10:56 AM
I thought this was going to be a joke after reading the title. Man, Winnipeg is turning into the Detroit of Canada.

That city is doomed.

LOL, watched a bit of the Toronto/Pittsburg game last night, and the commentators said how much Winnipeg deserves a new team and that they are ready for it. Wonder how the players would feel if they had to play there? :thumbsdow

revelations
09-23-2009, 11:01 AM
Originally posted by GOnSHO

Its called "media spot light".

Peg has been a hole for a long time and no one cared until babies started getting beat.

95EagleAWD
09-23-2009, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by revelations

Its called "media spot light".

Peg has been a hole for a long time and no one cared until babies started getting beat.

Edmonton's nothing special either, but we're still not lighting people on fire around here.

sputnik
09-23-2009, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by 95EagleAWD

Edmonton's nothing special either, but we're still not lighting people on fire around here.

Perhaps not.

However they do like their infant incest.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Edmonton+woman+sentenced+assault+infant+daughter/2021415/story.html