PDA

View Full Version : looking for storage facility

timdog
09-23-2009, 01:19 PM
wondering if anyone can recommend a cheap storage company/facility. I have looked at Sentinel Self Storage and Downtown Self Storage. Surprisingly the downtown SS looks cheaper than sentinel. I do not need regular access however so i would be willing to use a storage company out of town (within 1 hour drive) if it is cheaper.

Any recommendations or experiences?

scat19
09-23-2009, 03:39 PM
If you get helped at the front desk by a Jeremy, try another self-storage. :thumbsup:

npham
09-23-2009, 06:58 PM
Sentinel Storage was like $230 or something per month for a pretty big space. Their hours are pretty decent, but if you get locked in after hours, ie when the alarm is set, you have to pay $50 or more. If you need storage for a long period, this is not the place to go, it's adds up really quick even though it may seem like a good idea in the first place.

Better off finding someone with a garage that they are renting out and seeing if they will let you store your stuff.

BlackArcher101
09-23-2009, 08:35 PM
If you are willing to drive to Red Deer (only an hour away really), StoreSmart at the south end of gasoline alley is pretty good. Good rates if storing long term.

Tik-Tok
09-23-2009, 08:48 PM
A friend has his car stored at a storage place in Acme, nothing but good to say about them. Dirt cheap too, compared to in Calgary. I'll have to get the name off him though.

edit: Nevermind, it's just car storage.

nonlinear
09-23-2009, 09:36 PM
cornerstone storage http://www.cornerstonestorage.ca/

ask for Jeremy.

:rofl:

xrayvsn
09-24-2009, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
A friend has his car stored at a storage place in Acme, nothing but good to say about them. Dirt cheap too, compared to in Calgary. I'll have to get the name off him though.

edit: Nevermind, it's just car storage.

I would be interested in the name of the place, if you could ask your friend.

Originally posted by nonlinear
cornerstone storage http://www.cornerstonestorage.ca/

ask for Jeremy.

:rofl:

I am not sure about the Jeremy reference, since I don't check Beyond much anymore. Are you saying we should avoid this place because of this Jeremy?

Mibz
09-24-2009, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn
Are you saying we should avoid this place... Yes.

Tomaz
09-24-2009, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by timdog
wondering if anyone can recommend a cheap storage company/facility. I have looked at Sentinel Self Storage and Downtown Self Storage. Surprisingly the downtown SS looks cheaper than sentinel. I do not need regular access however so i would be willing to use a storage company out of town (within 1 hour drive) if it is cheaper.

Any recommendations or experiences?

What are you trying to store?

spikerS
09-24-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by xrayvsn

I am not sure about the Jeremy reference, since I don't check Beyond much anymore. Are you saying we should avoid this place because of this Jeremy?

Yes, stay away from the scammer.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=258351&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

timdog
09-24-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz

What are you trying to store?

mainly furniture, boxes, and things of that nature.
As long as it is secure and safe from flooding/etc.