PDA

View Full Version : First Speeding ticket- question

rumeo
09-23-2009, 04:05 PM
So after 2 years of driving I got my first speeding ticket. I totally deserve it and I'm going to pay for it, but I just have a question. I didn't get pulled over by an officer in a vehicle, but he was at a camera and signaled me to pull over by hand. Am I going to gain demerits for this? Also what are my chances of getting the fine reduced? I'm a student and definitely puts a dent in my wallet.

Thanks guys

GQBalla
09-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Yes you will get demerits depending how fast you were going.

your chances of getting fines reduced is good

beyond_ban
09-23-2009, 04:16 PM
You can get your tickets demerits reduced to a minimum of 2, and generally you can get them to cut your ticket cost in half. If you mention you are a student, they will also give you extra time to pay. Just go to the court before the date specified on your ticket, book another time to go in, and play the "its my bad, i am a student, it was my first ticket, please reduce it" card.

rumeo
09-23-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by beyond_ban
You can get your tickets demerits reduced to a minimum of 2, and generally you can get them to cut your ticket cost in half. If you mention you are a student, they will also give you extra time to pay. Just go to the court before the date specified on your ticket, book another time to go in, and play the "its my bad, i am a student, it was my first ticket, please reduce it" card.

Do I just go in and ask to the JP at another time? I don't need to plead guilty or not guilty?