PDA

View Full Version : AMA membership levels?

Cooked Rice
09-23-2009, 11:42 PM
Does anyone know if there is anything better than the Plus membership? I've heard rumours there were. Im already at 3/5 service calls this year and im predicting i may need more lol, as I drive 3 different cars. Surprisingly my s13 only needed one tow this year, my galant busted a timing belt, and my battery died on me at the car wash today in my Lexus... Sucked waiting 2 hours for a boost at a carwash!

Zewind
09-24-2009, 09:57 AM
Unless your driving Motorhomes/RV's there really isnt a reason to go the the new membership level.

AMA Mebership Coverage (http://www.ama.ab.ca/cps/rde/xchg/ama/web/membership_Levels-of-Membership.htm?link=tsr)

canuckcarguy
09-24-2009, 10:00 AM
You should sell all 3 cars and use the money to buy one that's more reliable. It would drive me nuts to need emergency road service that many times.

Xtrema
09-24-2009, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy
You should sell all 3 cars and use the money to buy one that's more reliable. It would drive me nuts to need emergency road service that many times.

:werd:

Especially winter months, it may take hours for them to respond.

98type_r
09-24-2009, 11:08 AM
^ on a busy winter day, those 2 hour you waited today will seem like nothing.

If you're on Rogers for your cellphone, you could add their roadside service for $5/month. That'll give you another 5 tows/calendar year.

Cooked Rice
09-24-2009, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by canuckcarguy

My galant has never given me any issues except the timing belt, and the Lexus was sitting for 3 weeks so the battery was weak. I mostly need coverage for my S13, which is my track car and I break stuff at the track on a regular basis.

canuckcarguy
09-24-2009, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice

My galant has never given me any issues except the timing belt, and the Lexus was sitting for 3 weeks so the battery was weak. I mostly need coverage for my S13, which is my track car and I break stuff at the track on a regular basis.

Well, the AMA isn't really designed for track cars, but if you run out, join the Rogers plan (as described above) or look at Canadian Tire, I think they have a plan as well.