PDA

View Full Version : Where to find good garage storage cabinets?

inline6turbo
09-24-2009, 10:02 AM
I've been having some difficulty finding anything decent for garage cabinets. I've searched Canadian Tire, Walmart, Home Depot, Rona etc.

I'm looking for something kinda like this, but without the wheels and tacky metal trim. Something that I can put a couple in a row to make a good sturdy surface as well as ample underneath storage. I don't want plastic or that rubber stuff. Wood preferably, or particle board.
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/browse/3/HouseHome/StorageOrganization/GarageOrganization/PRDOVR~0681224P/Mastercraft%2BBase%2BMetal%2BGarage%2BCabinet.jsp

Anyone have any experience with this and places I can look??

Thanks in advance :)

Renee

sputnik
09-24-2009, 10:05 AM
Kijiji.

There are lots of people that sell their old kitchen cabinets after a renovation.

Not everyone is like the TLC house flipping shows where they just take a sledge to the cabinets.

masoncgy
09-24-2009, 10:34 AM
^ This. I just scored a free set from the last basement suite I painted as the homeowner had new cabinets installed.

I just threw a fresh coat of paint on them and put them up... looks great... and free to boot! :)

legendboy
09-24-2009, 11:03 AM
I found it hard to find cabinets for my garage. I didn't have much luck finding cheap ones from reno's.

I ended up getting 10 free cabinets when the hair cut place i have been going to forever renovated :dunno: