PDA

View Full Version : Saskatchewan town starts destroying all stray dogs after child attacked

thetransporter
09-24-2009, 01:01 PM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/life/Sask+town+starts+destroying+dogs+after+child+attacked/2028939/story.html

battleaxe1
09-24-2009, 01:09 PM
FACEPALM

GQBalla
09-24-2009, 01:09 PM
..................wtf is going on with Canada lately?

trying to compete with USA?

Crymson
09-24-2009, 01:14 PM
I've been to isle a la cross, an ex-gf who graduated with an eductation degree got her first job up there -- and never taught again.

It's a reserve town, there is nothing there. It's like a 3rd world country. There is always a stray dog problem in places like that.

Did you read that article a few weeks ago about a couple in Georgia who got mauled and killed by a pack of wild dogs in a town that had been essentially abandoned due to poverty?

sputnik
09-24-2009, 01:20 PM
Some of you really need to READ THE ARTICLE.

The town is destroying STRAY dogs.

Walk onto any farm with horses and or cattle and ask a farmer what they do with stray dogs that chase their livestock.

spike98
09-24-2009, 01:22 PM
Saskatchewan town starts destroying stray dogs after child attacked does not equal Saskatchewan town starts destroying all dogs after child attacked

If they are stray animals that are attacking people then round em up and gas em. This aint thailand people.

Its not like they are rounding up your moms Shi Tzu and clubbing it with a bat because its fun.

GQBalla
09-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
Some of you really need to READ THE ARTICLE.

The town is destroying STRAY dogs.

Walk onto any farm with horses and or cattle and ask a farmer what they do with stray dogs that chase their livestock.

i did read the article, but i have a question.

Is a dog that ran away considered a stray dog?

the owner might be out looking for it.

lilmira
09-24-2009, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

i did read the article, but i have a question.

Is a dog that ran away considered a stray dog?

the owner might be out looking for it.

A dog running loose without a tag will be considered a stray dog I assume.

GQBalla
09-24-2009, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

A dog running loose without a tag will be considered a stray dog I assume.

right, even though it is a crap place up there i guess i would be more pissed off this happened in Calgary, but it won't

i was just saying

JAYMEZ
09-24-2009, 01:45 PM
Edited. All Stray dogs..

RatherBePerfin
09-24-2009, 09:26 PM
It isn't uncommon for reserves to have a "dog shoot day", once or twice a year in some areas. Of course, strays only, but in these places they are seldom kepts as pets to begin with.

CUG
09-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Ille La Cross is a shithole. I canoed through there.

J NRG
09-25-2009, 03:57 AM

5.9 R/T
09-25-2009, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by RatherBePerfin
It isn't uncommon for reserves to have a "dog shoot day", once or twice a year in some areas. Of course, strays only, but in these places they are seldom kepts as pets to begin with.

"Dog Day" is a common occurance in northern sask. There are packs of strays everywhere and every once in a while one gets out of line and bites someone. The next day a few of the townfolk are out with guns thinning those packs. Doesn't really matter, two-three months later the stay population is back up to what it was before. And the cycle repeats. Most of these dogs you wouldn't want as a pet anyways, they are wild.

GQNammer
09-25-2009, 11:18 AM
With this being done in saskatchewan, I wonder what winnipeg is going to do with the violent natives in their community.

Seanith
09-25-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by GQNammer
With this being done in saskatchewan, I wonder what winnipeg is going to do with the violent natives in their community.

LOL