PDA

View Full Version : Prostart CT-3200 Remote Programming

Zero102
09-25-2009, 11:11 AM
We just bought a 2000 neon and it came with a Prostart CT-3200 remote starter already installed. When we bought it the remote worked properly to start the car, but when I was changing the timing belt I left the battery unhooked for about 2 days. After this the remote starter unit does not respond at all to the remote itself. I have located the user guides on the prostart website and it says to do the following to program the remotes:

Flash the hood pin (no problem, I can get to this step and the lights stay on for the 20 seconds, so I know this is right)
Turn the key to on
Turn the key to off
Hold button "I" until the park lights blink 5 times.

However, when I do this I can hold button "I" for the full 20 seconds until it times out, and the park lights never blink.

In the troubleshooting section, they give slightly different steps:

It says to flash the hood pin
turn the key to "on" and wait 2 seconds
turn the key "off", "on", "off" then repeatedly press the LOCK button until the park lights blink 5 times

Now, my remote does not have a "lock" button, only "I" and "II"... and the first steps say nothing about turning the key on/off twice.

I have already reset the module and it did the 8 blinks to confirm it was properly reset, and I have tried 5 or 6 times to program the remote using each of the above procedures without any response / success. I have also tried using button "II" instead of "I".
The light on the remote works, and I know the starter is wired properly since it worked before we unhooked the battery. We only have 1 remote for it and I wouldn't have a problem with buying a replacement remote to try (since it would be nice to have 2) but I don't know the cheapest way to get replacement remotes (I have found some for ~$90, and that seems a bit steep).
*EDIT*
I am retarded, I just found new remotes for $25 at canadian tire, so scratch that $90 bit... the whole starter is only $70. Would still like to solve the problem before going out any buying an extra remote (only to possibly find I have to ditch the starter altogether).

What am I missing here? Has anybody else run into this issue and solved it?

craigcd
09-25-2009, 11:17 AM
I ran into the exact same problem with the exact same system- i think it ended up being i was using the wrong remote button. I know you said you tried button 2 but maybe give it another shot.

CD

Zero102
09-25-2009, 11:37 PM
Spent another 25 minutes outside trying to program this again. I am starting to think our remote has broken or something. I don't suppose you would be willing to try programming your remote to our starter before I go out and buy a replacement remote on a hunch?