PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ever used Fluid Film as undercoating?

Redlyne_mr2
09-25-2009, 01:10 PM
I've been reading up on this stuff and it seems like the most readily available product for undercoating a vehicle. Thinking about picking up a dozen or so cans and going to town on my truck before the gravel and salt hits the streets. Any input or other recomendations?

Zero102
09-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Its kind of a waxy spray and doesn't stay on very well, its more of an oil than a permanent coating so I'd recommend against it. If you are looking for a permanent solution use spray on bed liner :)

G-ZUS
09-25-2009, 01:29 PM
or rubberized undercoating from crappy tire

Redlyne_mr2
09-25-2009, 01:37 PM
Thanks Chris,
Yah I've thought about the bedliner sprays but you really need to be selective on where you spray. It makes a big mess if you get it on any of the bolts that you may one day have to remove.

Cooked Rice
09-25-2009, 02:12 PM
rocker guard works well imo. the oil stuff attracts dirt, sand and rocks and ends up as a greasy mess that is hard to clean up after.

Zero102
09-25-2009, 03:33 PM
The problem with fluid film is that the underside of your car will look like you had a massive oil leak, and will be coated with dirt / dust / gravel that will be a bitch to get off later. I've used the stuff in various applications and I have to say, it attracts a hell of a lot of dust.

nobb
09-25-2009, 07:05 PM
I wonder if the rubberized roofing asphalt stuff they sell at Rona/Home Depot would work? It's cheaper and roughly has the same consistency and properties when dry as the rubberized undercoating they sell at Canadian Tire. I think it might even be the same stuff.