PDA

View Full Version : Sprint BB Tour Problem *Help*

MaDpOo
09-25-2009, 01:17 PM
I just got my BB Tour from sprint from the states

It is unlocked, works with my fido network (EDGE browsing, Calling, BBM)

"PROBLEMS"

My caller ID only works for some of my contacts

I have a activation required display on my main screen

My youtube videos do not work

My phone is running EDGE when it supports 3G

Does anyone know any solutions for any of these problems?

I tried calling sprint for my msl code but they can not provide me the code because i am not connected with them and the only way they can get the code is for me to be on their network

dino_martini
09-25-2009, 01:31 PM
The BlackBerry Tour does not support HSPA aka Rogers/Fido 3G

It supports EvDo-Rev A aka Telus/Bell 3G.

The BlackBerry Tour running on a sim card only supports Euro/Asia 3G and North American Edge Bands.

You will only be able to get EDGE.

It says activation required because I believe it still wants to run on EvDo networks, so it wants to be activated with Sprint. You will just have to live with that message.

I cannot help you with the YouTube or Caller ID problems.

Try the BlackBerry Tour Forums at http://forums.crackberry.com/f141/

If you make a post there, BE SURE to tell them you are living in Canada, have an unlocked BlackBerry Tour Sprint Branded, and are wanting to use it on Rogers/Fido network.

They will for sure be able to help you :thumbsup: Good Luck :)

Edit - I think your best course of action would be trying to sell this Tour on eBay to someone using Sprint, then buy a BlackBerry Bold.

TorqueDog
09-25-2009, 02:26 PM
If you're using an unlocked phone and have "Activation Required" on your home screen, or your phone number displays incorrectly, Dial # # 000000 (Send). In the Menu, change the "mobile directory number" to your phone number and select "Save".

The device will reboot and activate/display the correct number.

The Tour will never give you Rogers/Fido 3G - EDGE is the best you'll get.

As far as the data is concerned, you need to make sure your Fido plan has been provisioned for BlackBerry Internet Services.

MaDpOo
09-26-2009, 10:56 AM
Dialing ##000000 only works for verzion phones. Sprint has different msl passwords for all of their phones -.- its stupid...

TorqueDog
09-26-2009, 12:23 PM
Ah bugger.

You might want to keep trying some social engineering with Sprint's tech support as outlined here (http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-68241.html).

At some point, you'll get through to someone who isn't a jackass.

EDIT: Better yet, try this: Reset MSL on Sprint BlackBerry (http://www.howardforums.com/archive/topic/1121856-1.html)

MaDpOo
09-29-2009, 11:16 PM
The instructions are quite unclear

I don't really understand...

And

I tried the xxx-xxx-xxxx phone number entry in my contact list but my contacts still appear as unknown when they call...

sigh I knew i should have got the bold...

thetransporter
10-02-2009, 09:42 PM
pm calgarysupra (abdul)

hes an expert on getting on getting CDMA devices activated in canada.

dino_martini
10-03-2009, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by MaDpOo
The instructions are quite unclear

I don't really understand...

And

I tried the xxx-xxx-xxxx phone number entry in my contact list but my contacts still appear as unknown when they call...

sigh I knew i should have got the bold...

Why don't you attempt to put your Sprint Tour up on the Crackberry market place or Ebay even.

The fact it is unlocked maybe appealing to some people.

Still have a chance at buying the Bold.

:dunno: Just a suggestion of course lol

BokCh0y
10-03-2009, 12:42 AM
Besides perfomring the actual unlock, have you tried copying the config settings in this vid? 2:00 minute mark has some stuff bout 2g and blah blah.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-oDqtJPIOs

Don't know how to embed. Sorry.

MaDpOo
10-03-2009, 01:20 PM
If I sell this phone to someone who wants to use bell or telus will the 3G and activation part work for them?