PDA

View Full Version : Best CD-R for compatability?

Neil4Speed
09-25-2009, 01:34 PM
Hey Guys,

The Nakamichi changer in my car has a little bit of issues with CD-R's, it plays them alright however when I get back into the car they won't resume and they are slow to switch tracks while normal CD's work just fine.

Riteks have seemed to work okay for me so far, and Memorex' not at all. I have been looking for some Taiyo Yuden CD-R's to test but I can't find them locally. Anyone else had similar problems in an old discman or CD player and which disks worked best for you?

eblend
09-25-2009, 10:21 PM
Try verbaitum? I think Taiyos are sold at memex?

schocker
09-25-2009, 11:38 PM
I have had good success with riteks, I had the blank white ones from memx but also got some black surface ones off of newegg which have worked better imo, dont see them listed anymore though. Sometimes when it was cold in my car the white printable ones would skip a couple times, but with the full black discs it has given me no issues.

Grogador
09-26-2009, 01:14 AM
Burn them at a lower/lowest speed (probably still like 4x or 8x), the laser lingers longer (say that three times fast...) which seems to make it easier for playback/seeking on difficult players.