PDA

View Full Version : Flash Forward

beecue
09-25-2009, 08:13 PM
just got a chance to watch it ... seems like it's going to be a decent show .. I don't think if they needed Lost actors to attract that audience but whatever .. how can that type of attack be possible though? .. I wonder how the kangaroo got to LA as well

mobius
09-25-2009, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by beecue
I wonder how the kangaroo got to LA as well

Escaped from the Zoo?

I thought the first episode moved forward too quickly, I'm gonna have to watch a couple more before I can decide if I like it or not.

ZorroAMG
09-25-2009, 10:13 PM
PVR'd it.....will check it out on the weekend.

Shunsui
09-26-2009, 02:23 PM
It was pretty good. Hopefully it doesn't get canceled.

beecue
10-01-2009, 08:06 PM
wow they even have Lost cross promotion .. check out this billboard from last week...

http://i35.tinypic.com/xo14ir.jpg

apparently the text on it says "Perfect Safety Record." ... which means the crash never happened on Lost

anyways I'm enjoying this successor to Lost :thumbsup:

Shunsui
10-01-2009, 08:24 PM
This show definitely looks promising after this latest episode. Bummed out that Lost is ending though.

Hakkola
10-01-2009, 08:35 PM
I loved the first episode, waiting until after the hockey game to watch episode 2.

pyroza
10-02-2009, 10:48 AM
The BEST new show on TV, period.

The dumb romance subplot is pointless though...

snoop101
10-02-2009, 10:56 AM
It's cool because you kinda know, but ya dont know.

beecue
10-12-2009, 04:20 PM
:clap: Picked up for full season .. http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20091012abc03

sexualbanana
10-26-2009, 01:25 AM
There's a big dust up on imdb about the lesbian relationship that the one FBI agent has with another woman. The OP in that thread is upset that his/her 8-year old daughter saw the women kissing on TV and the parent(s) were offended because the show was on at 8pm, therefore the content was too mature.

IMDB Link (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1441135/board/thread/150011680)

Any opinions on this?

jonnycat
10-26-2009, 04:19 PM
:rofl:

As soon as I saw it I hit the rewind button to check it out again, to see if I recognized the characters.

beecue
10-26-2009, 05:28 PM
That was hot! I don't know about that guy, an 8 year old shouldn't be watching a show like that but I agree about the timeslot.

sexualbanana
10-26-2009, 10:04 PM
Originally posted by beecue
That was hot! I don't know about that guy, an 8 year old shouldn't be watching a show like that but I agree about the timeslot.

I can agree with the timeslot argument, but I find it kind of stupid that the parent finds that offensive on an episode that included FBI Agents getting gunned down and an extended scene of one of the Agents bleeding out.

CaptainReboot
11-05-2009, 10:08 PM
Anybody who watches it tonight (11/5), watch for the Calgary reference on the screen.

Hakkola
11-05-2009, 11:52 PM
Pretty good show, loved the last 5 or so minutes, but the character's are far too whiny and they killed off one of the only characters I actually liked.

bituerbo
11-06-2009, 11:13 AM
I've been with this show since the beginning, I missed the lost reference, which I guess means the time travel shit works. What was the Calgary reference?

Hakkola
11-06-2009, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by bituerbo
What was the Calgary reference?

Nothing big, just showed Calgary on a list of locations for those meetings.

l/l/rX
11-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola
Pretty good show, loved the last 5 or so minutes, but the character's are far too whiny and they killed off one of the only characters I actually liked.

how would you deal with it though? knowing that your wife is going to be sleeping with someone else, that something you did killed someone with a family, that you're not going to be alive in 6 months?
And that there are things leading up to that date that are hints n what not?
But ya the last scene where the guy walks into his house and his daughter is there...hrmmmm

duaner
11-06-2009, 04:18 PM
I think the most recent episode makes it more interesting by showing that the flash forwards can be changed. Unless of course they start bringing people back from the dead, in which case I will stop watching.

Shunsui
11-06-2009, 04:26 PM
Too bad Jet Jackson died last episode, but it's another example that the flash forwards aren't written in stone. The other was the girl got shot in the stomach so she can't get pregnant.

sexualbanana
11-09-2009, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by duaner
I think the most recent episode makes it more interesting by showing that the flash forwards can be changed. Unless of course they start bringing people back from the dead, in which case I will stop watching.

It's a question that's always brought up when time travel/prediction is involved; When you know what's happening in the future, will your actions between now and then actually change or fulfill that future?

Like when they're in room at the Blue Hand Club and Gough takes a shot with russian roulette knowing that since he had a vision of what happens in 6 months, he can't possibly die now.

Personally I love that these scenarios are deeper than they initially appear. Like if Janice is a lesbian, how does she become pregnant in 6 months, etc.

l/l/rX
03-18-2010, 11:29 PM
its back! god damn simon is a bad ass!!! awesome character! i love this show!

Super_Geo
03-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
its back! god damn simon is a bad ass!!! awesome character! i love this show!

"I'm going to call your bluff." Haha the scene was so badly fucking acted by the fatty (he gets pushed down and then just lays there like a fucking dead fish... wtf), but whta a monster power play!

I think Simon is going to be the guy to knock up whats-her-face-FBI girl.

l/l/rX
03-19-2010, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Super_Geo

"I'm going to call your bluff." Haha the scene was so badly fucking acted by the fatty (he gets pushed down and then just lays there like a fucking dead fish... wtf), but whta a monster power play!

I think Simon is going to be the guy to knock up whats-her-face-FBI girl.

well the fat guy had a heart condition of some sort and simon was applying pressure to his heart area or something and he couldnt breathe. but ya i too think the same about the fbi chick.

Shunsui
03-21-2010, 05:06 PM
Charlie/Simon seems to be a better actor than when he was on Lost, and he had the perfect kill planned until he kicked the guy in the ribs lmao.

l/l/rX
04-08-2010, 11:48 PM
enjoyed tonights ep, but can someone explain to me which side simon is on? haha

jonnycat
04-09-2010, 09:11 AM
The part that starting to annoy me, is that Olivia / Penny, in one scene says she'll do anything to save her marriage and in the next scene, basically gives up her marriage because her husband is wants to keep trying to save millions of people.

You'd think they could come up with a compromise, like going out of town on flash forward day, or simply having Mark call in sick.

Unless the whole Loyd Simcoe / Olivia / Penny affair is a set up, so Mark can work behind the scenes while everyone thinks he's dead.

I think Simon is on his own side with no loyalty to anyone.

My favorite show on tv.

Tomaz
04-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Ok, so this is annoying me. What channel (name, not number) is playing this show? I cant find it!

jonnycat
04-09-2010, 03:11 PM
ABC

Tomaz
04-09-2010, 03:19 PM
THX!

Now if only my PVR can find the damn show....

superflychief
05-28-2010, 07:23 AM
Not a great season finale. Seems like the producers tried too hard to force some of the flashforwards to happen and some varried from what they should have been according to the visions, without any explanation.

The show has also been canceled before it turned to total shit ala Prison Break and Heroes. Too bad as it was a good show for most of the season.