PDA

View Full Version : Problem wiring 2005 corolla

shizzay
09-27-2009, 11:31 AM
I've installed probably 15 aftermarket radio decks in mine and my friends cars... i'm not a newb.... so when my friend asked me to do his '05 toyota corolla i didn't think anything of it.
couldn't find an after market wiring harness... so i was just going to do the wiring myself without one. problem occured when i cut the wires out of the stock wiring harness. now the dome light doesn't work, the keyless entery doesn't work, and the door sensors don't work. wtf? i'm 99% sure it's not a fuse, unless it's under a strange fuse, cause i checked all the relevant ones and they were fine. but i don't know toyotas super well, so it might be that.... :S
any help would really be appreciated thanks.

chkolny541
09-27-2009, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by shizzay
I've installed probably 15 aftermarket radio decks in mine and my friends cars... i'm not a newb.... so when my friend asked me to do his '05 toyota corolla i didn't think anything of it.
couldn't find an after market wiring harness... so i was just going to do the wiring myself without one. problem occured when i cut the wires out of the stock wiring harness. now the dome light doesn't work, the keyless entery doesn't work, and the door sensors don't work. wtf? i'm 99% sure it's not a fuse, unless it's under a strange fuse, cause i checked all the relevant ones and they were fine. but i don't know toyotas super well, so it might be that.... :S
any help would really be appreciated thanks. check ALL fuses,similar problem happened with a friend and we found the blown fuse and it was completely rrraaannndddooommmm and irrelevant to his problem

sugoi240
09-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Oh, do keep in mind to cut one wire at a time if the battery
is still connected to the car

RMS
09-27-2009, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by sugoi240
Oh, do keep in mind to cut one wire at a time if the battery
is still connected to the car

This.

A friend of mine cut a few at once and then a fuse blew up

shizzay
09-27-2009, 12:28 PM
okay... i guess i'll pull the fuses... it would sure be nice if they told you in the manual what each fuse functions. :banghead:

zieg
09-27-2009, 01:14 PM
i'm not a newb

[I didnt check all the fuses]

You contradict yourself, sir.

theken
09-27-2009, 01:18 PM
You don't have to pull fuses. If you have a test light check both sides of the fuse. There is those little metal prongs on the front for a reason. Touch BOTH sides and if your light doesn't light up that fuse is blown

09-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Its possible you fried a a control module as well, not hard to do in toyotas ive seen it a few times.

TE4MFaint
09-27-2009, 01:50 PM
So you`re not a newb. And you didnt use an aftermarket wiring harness so you could just plug and play. Hmm. Strange.

Team_Mclaren
09-27-2009, 02:03 PM
Originally posted by TE4MFaint
So you`re not a newb. And you didnt use an aftermarket wiring harness so you could just plug and play. Hmm. Strange.

couldn't find an after market wiring harness...

You know how I can tell you are noob...:rolleyes:

shizzay
09-27-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by ZiG-87

You contradict yourself, sir.

you don't gotta be a tool. i meant 'not a newb' as in i've done this before and nothing like this has happened. so fuck you :)

as for the rest of you thanks so much i found the problem... your advice was very helpful!:thumbsup:

chkolny541
09-30-2009, 06:12 PM

you don't gotta be a tool. i meant 'not a newb' as in i've done this before and nothing like this has happened. so fuck you :)

as for the rest of you thanks so much i found the problem... your advice was very helpful!:thumbsup:

was it a random irrelevant fuse?