PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have an obd2 scanner in nw (scenic acres)? and a few minutes?

AndyL
09-27-2009, 01:34 PM
Oi... Didn't need this today... In the middle of an ugly split with the wife - and this morning her car wont start... (05 pontiac wave)

Needless to say - I get the blame - I'm the car guy - I must have gone out and fawked it up last night - just to screw her... :banghead: We're so broke - couldn't afford to change our minds; let alone have it towed to a mechanic.

ECM etc Fuses are all good - checked and rechecked... Put the timing light on #1 - not seeing spark at all... Tells me likely the crank position sensor?

Can't say as I understand a whole lot about these newfangled OBD2 systems; I'm more comfortable with mechanical injection and carbs than OBD2.

Anyone able to swing by with a reader and give me an idea of what I need to fix?

Pm or 816-1587 (cell, feel free to text if you prefer).

2EFNFAST
09-27-2009, 02:02 PM
Can';t help you there unfortunately, but if you're splitting with her why are you helping her and not laughing? :confused:

Pollywog
09-27-2009, 02:06 PM
PM me your address and I may be able to swing up there from the SE.

AndyL
09-27-2009, 02:20 PM
pm'd and texted - thanks paul.

2Efn - cuz without a car she has no job... Without a job she cant GTFO of my house...

And it looks better if i don't leave her hung out to dry - totally screwed in divorce court.

Pollywog
09-27-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by AndyL
pm'd and texted - thanks paul.

2Efn - cuz without a car she has no job... Without a job she cant GTFO of my house...

And it looks better if i don't leave her hung out to dry - totally screwed in divorce court.

Nice meeting you Andy, glad we got the thing up and running.

AndyL
09-27-2009, 04:16 PM
Thanks much paul...

Wish we knew what we did to fix it but :) running beats not running any day...

Nice to meet you too - if ya ever need anything - let me know.