PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy mahjong tiles that incl. an animal set + fei/jokers + other mj questions

shadezofgrey
09-27-2009, 11:06 PM
Hey everyone, like the title says I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any local shops that sell mahjong tiles which include both an animal set and fei/joker tiles?

From what I gather I'm not sure I'll have much luck finding tiles w/an animal set as I understand it's only Singapore style mj that uses these tiles whereas most people tend to play other mj variations that don't use/have never heard of this set, which in turn means most stores don't carry tiles with an animal set.. given that my backup plan is to buy a bunch of blank tiles and use those instead.

However, this brings me to my next question.. does anyone knows of any shops that sell blank tiles separately? (Most tile sets that I see come with around 4 blank tiles, which is a good start,.. 'cept I'm wanting at least 8). Furthermore, does anyone know of any place that can cut a design into blank tiles? If not, I guess worse case scenario I learn to get creative with permanent marker, spraypaint, stickers, etc lol..

Thanks in advance for any/all replies :)!

TomcoPDR
09-27-2009, 11:22 PM
What about trying Ebay? Most sellers from all over the world, cuz I doubt your average cowtown "juke box/pinball, poker" place is going to have it.

There was this Beyond guy selling expensive/professional poker chips, maybe he'll be able to get you some.

Good Luck.