PDA

View Full Version : How long to recover from Groin injury?

broken_legs
09-28-2009, 08:42 AM
i think i tore my groin. Has anyone done this? Any idea on how long it takes to heal?

I can't jog, I can't kick, i can't do squats. This is ridiculous. It F'n hurts.

The whole inside of my thigh from my groin to my knee is a giant bruise, and it's been 2 weeks since i injured it...

Can anyone recommend a good rehab place?

Share some stories on how long it took you to get better??

Thanks

broken_legs
09-28-2009, 10:22 AM
eeek

just got back from the doctor. confirmed I will be out for a couple of months at least :barf:

raymondman
09-28-2009, 10:49 AM
its funny how your username is broken_legs, should be broken_groin!

How did this happen??!

TomcoPDR
09-28-2009, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by raymondman
should be broken_groin!

How did this happen??!

blahahahaha:rofl:

FiveFreshFish
09-28-2009, 10:37 PM
Count your blessings that it's not a straddle injury. :D

broken_legs
09-29-2009, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by raymondman
its funny how your username is broken_legs, should be broken_groin!

How did this happen??!

Soccer... 1st time on the field in 11 years - Pulled it a bit, then the next week go gently tap a soccer ball and out of nowhere R-I-I-I-I-P!

Originally posted by TomcoPDR

blahahahaha:rofl:

Seriously though... :banghead: :cry:

So i went to physio yesterday. Got the standard ultra sound, electro stim, then got some acupuncture too. I think the acupuncture worked wonders. Literally made the pain go away almost instantly. Just gotta take it easy for the next little while.

dharminder
09-29-2009, 03:09 PM
feel your pain man. I pulled/strained my groin playing hockey. I think i was out for about 2-3 months. I was skating with in couple weeks but it took longer to feel comfortable to play in games. I think the biggest thing is that in the back of your mind you are always worried if i strech out will i hurt it again.

Hope you are back playing soonner though.

calgarygts
09-29-2009, 03:22 PM
I just came back from a groin tear this summer and my experience was definitely not good. I tore from the back of my groin (closer to my glutes) right up into my lower abs at rugby around June/July of 2008. The first time I was completely back and able to run full steam since that injury was around june of this summer, but I extended the injury by using my groin too much while healing and not resting enough. I did all the physio (dry needling, stim pads, active release, etc.) as well as a ton of excercises to strengthen the entire pelvic area (yep, I have a super strong pelvic area, tell your lady friends).
The only advice I have is to make sure you're 100% before trying to do anything hard, I screwed myself by coming back too early and made the recovery way longer than it needed to be. The biggest difference for me was the stretching / excercises for the groin and pelvis stabilisation, do them all (unless they hurt of course).