PDA

View Full Version : Tischer isn't shipping to Canada anymore... Solution(s)?

Kg810
09-28-2009, 03:16 PM
Hey guys,

I know a few of you buy parts from Tischer and I just wanted to let you know that they stopped shipping to Canada, which was announced about 2 weeks ago. I'm currently trying to purchase E90 multi-function buttons for my new m-tech steering wheel and haven't had any luck on eBay(ca/com) and on other forums.

So since I don't feel like browsing eBay to see if one pops up, I am wondering what solutions are there to get around this no shipping to Canada ordeal. Unfortunately I do not have any relatives/friends in the States so I cannot provide Tischer with a U.S address. So please let me know if you guys have any ideas or solutions. Thanks!

funkedelic2
09-28-2009, 03:34 PM
Check Look at my thread about shipping to the border.

potatopineapple
09-28-2009, 05:00 PM
http://forwardit.us/

Not sure if it will end up saving you anything after all the hassle though. Tischer was unreal, I ordered something on the last day they were shipping to Canada and they paid for the shipping! WTF!?

Kg810
09-28-2009, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by funkedelic2
Check Look at my thread about shipping to the border.

I'm probably not going to be driving to the border for the size of this order but I'll keep this in mind for bigger things.

Originally posted by potatopineapple
http://forwardit.us/

Not sure if it will end up saving you anything after all the hassle though. Tischer was unreal, I ordered something on the last day they were shipping to Canada and they paid for the shipping! WTF!?

Damn, I should have ordered my part before. I didn't find out until after they stopped shipping that I needed to purchase new MF buttons. This looks like the best option right now, I just have to call Calgary BMW to see how much they charge for the part and I'll do a price comparison.

97'Scort
09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Pelicanparts.com is still a pretty good deal. Wayne will mark stuff as "samples" or "demo" if it's not a big item like brake rotors.

Also, Turner will get OEM parts for you if you order something else from them as well.

GT4rally
09-30-2009, 07:28 PM
What? That is not good news!
Those guys were saving me some big $.
The Canadian BMW dealers must have got wind of Tischer's reasonable prices and complained to BMW Canada.

Sucks 'cause Pelican only stocks the "common" replacement items... you could get any OEM part from Tischer.

I'd like to call Tischer and ask why we are suddenly shut-out.

Kg810
10-01-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by 97'Scort
Pelicanparts.com is still a pretty good deal. Wayne will mark stuff as "samples" or "demo" if it's not a big item like brake rotors.

Also, Turner will get OEM parts for you if you order something else from them as well.

They seem to have the part I'm looking for. So how do I get in contact with Wayne? Would he even bother marking my item as a "sample" or "demo" since I don't know him? And how much would that reduce the price?

Could you provide me with a link to Turner? Thanks.

Originally posted by GT4rally
What? That is not good news!
Those guys were saving me some big $.
The Canadian BMW dealers must have got wind of Tischer's reasonable prices and complained to BMW Canada.

Sucks 'cause Pelican only stocks the "common" replacement items... you could get any OEM part from Tischer.

I'd like to call Tischer and ask why we are suddenly shut-out.

Yeah other Canadian BMW dealerships were complaining.

Here is Tischer's announcement : http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300054

I messaged Jason and he said the best thing they could do for us is to either have a US address they can ship to and have that person/company whose address you are using, forward the package to us or have a courier do a pick-up from Tischer.

I will try doing a pick-up from them if I cannot find someone on the forum selling their multi-function buttons. Hopefully I can find someone, as it is a hassle executing those options.

GT4rally
10-02-2009, 02:13 AM
Sounds like BMW dealers in other countries were complaining too.

I wonder if you could hire a courier to pick up your parts from the Tischer parts counter, then take them to the post office and mail them.

Could be worth it if the parts were expensive enough.

97'Scort
10-15-2009, 12:54 AM
Sorry for the late response!
www.turnermotorsport.com

And you can talk to Wayne on bimmerforums.com. He's a sponsor there. Just be nice, and he'll help you out!