PDA

View Full Version : It's Grey Cup Week... Does Anyone Care?

accordboi_02
11-12-2003, 08:09 PM
Like the title says... it's a rematch of last year.
I personally really like the CFL, but I'm really not that jacked about watching Edmonton/Montreal again... and the way things look in the West & East, we may be seeing this for a couple years in a row.
But I'm going to watch the game anyways...

GO ALS!!

Ekliptix
11-12-2003, 08:16 PM
I don't like sports. So no.

88CRX
11-12-2003, 08:21 PM
foosball blows :thumbsdow

92 Teg-B18A
11-13-2003, 12:02 AM
Nope don't care, I didn't even know football was still going till last sunday.

buh_buh
11-13-2003, 12:17 AM
football doesn't suck..... only Canadian football sucks.

PGTze
11-13-2003, 12:30 AM
I hate both teams :zzz:

Weapon_R
11-13-2003, 12:35 AM
I love the CFL but I don't care this year. No clue why.

C4S
11-13-2003, 12:39 AM
NO ! I DON"T CARE ! LET'S WATCH HOCKEY !

djfob
11-13-2003, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by buh_buh
football doesn't suck..... only Canadian football sucks.

:werd: not enough downs which results in to much punting

Melinda
11-13-2003, 01:31 AM
Edmonton vs. Montreal

If Edmonton wins, calgary will never hear the end of it. If montreal wins, the whole country will never hear the end of it. Love football but definately not this game

Ajay
11-13-2003, 01:32 AM
Yah the CFL blows donkey wang....NFL is where it's at.

91_Integz
11-13-2003, 10:08 AM
CFL licks balls. Everything about it sucks

littledan
11-13-2003, 10:41 AM
no

rage2
11-13-2003, 10:43 AM
How can you call 8 teams a League? :rofl:

buh_buh
11-13-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by rage2
How can you call 8 teams a League? :rofl: haha:werd:

And how can you call it football when there's only 3 downs???

accordboi_02
11-13-2003, 10:59 AM
haha:werd:

And how can you call it football when there's only 3 downs???

I don't mind the 3 downs... the field is so large, that if they made it 4 downs, it would literally be impossible for defences to stop anything; and there would be scoring almost every single possession.

The 8 teams is an annoyance, but how many ppl here have even been to a CFL game? Granted, the atmosphere is nowhere near the level of Americans at NFL games, but I'd take a Stamps game over a Flames game any day... at least you can have FUN at a Stamps game, and at least it can get LOUD at a Stamps game.

Last time I was at a Flames game, a friend called me, and asked my why I was whispering on my phone, and I said b/c it was so quiet, I didn't want to make too much noise, lol.

SinisterProbeGt
11-13-2003, 11:16 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

how many ppl here have even been to a CFL game? Granted, the atmosphere is nowhere near the level of Americans at NFL games, but I'd take a Stamps game over a Flames game any day... at least you can have FUN at a Stamps game, and at least it can get LOUD at a Stamps game.

Last time I was at a Flames game, a friend called me, and asked my why I was whispering on my phone, and I said b/c it was so quiet, I didn't want to make too much noise, lol. :thumbsup:

I second that I would rather go to a stamps game any day over a flames game. FIrst thing the Flames Suck Hairy squirrell Balls.
and there one of ther worst teams in the league.
any ways about the game this weekend edmonton is gonna get there asses handed to them in a box by the 3rd quarter and montreal is gonna win it again.:angel:

B17a
11-13-2003, 11:24 AM
Man, you guys are all so negative. NFL is a bigger show. But for football play, CFL is much more interesting. Lets look at the NFL, 1st down, run up the middle, no gain, second down, run off tackle, 2 yard gain, third down, short pass, incomplete, fourth down punt. Wow, all those 6-3 defensive struggles are fun to watch! At least they really shoot it out in the CFL.

buh_buh
11-13-2003, 11:40 AM
Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
:thumbsup:

I second that I would rather go to a stamps game any day over a flames game. FIrst thing the Flames Suck Hairy squirrell Balls.
and there one of ther worst teams in the league.

uh... dude Calgary came LAST this year.
And last time I checked, the WORST team is not as bad as one of the worst teams haha.
Either way Calgary gets the shaft as far as sports go.

accordboi_02
11-13-2003, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by B17a
Man, you guys are all so negative. NFL is a bigger show. But for football play, CFL is much more interesting. Lets look at the NFL, 1st down, run up the middle, no gain, second down, run off tackle, 2 yard gain, third down, short pass, incomplete, fourth down punt. Wow, all those 6-3 defensive struggles are fun to watch! At least they really shoot it out in the CFL.

I'm just a football fan, and I think both games have their good and bad characteristics... some of those 6-3 games can be exciting, but I must admit, I have a lot more fun watching NFL games with St Louis, KC, and last year's Raiders where they think offence first.

The CFL is made to be a more offensively exciting game, and I enjoy that, it's just that the talent pool for the CFL is so much smaller than the NFL, and seriously, one of my biggest pet peeves in the CFL is how it rewards incompetence... give me a break, you get a point for MISSING a field goal?? I really wish they'd eliminate that stupid 1 point for in the end zone crap.

That being said though, I am a CFL fan, and season ticket holder for the Stamps... the ppl bashing CFL have obviously not been to a Labour Day game here in Calgary... granted we can't get 70,000 fans, but the atmosphere is as close to NCAA/NFL as we can possibly hope for up here. :thumbsup:

accordboi_02
11-13-2003, 11:53 AM

uh... dude Calgary came LAST this year.
And last time I checked, the WORST team is not as bad as one of the worst teams haha.
Either way Calgary gets the shaft as far as sports go.

Actually, Hamilton came last this year - Calgary was worst in the West, but only 2nd worst overall... GO STAMPS! :thumbsup:

B17a
11-13-2003, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by accordboi_02

I'm just a football fan, and I think both games have their good and bad characteristics... some of those 6-3 games can be exciting, but I must admit, I have a lot more fun watching NFL games with St Louis, KC, and last year's Raiders where they think offence first.

The CFL is made to be a more offensively exciting game, and I enjoy that, it's just that the talent pool for the CFL is so much smaller than the NFL, and seriously, one of my biggest pet peeves in the CFL is how it rewards incompetence... give me a break, you get a point for MISSING a field goal?? I really wish they'd eliminate that stupid 1 point for in the end zone crap.

That being said though, I am a CFL fan, and season ticket holder for the Stamps... the ppl bashing CFL have obviously not been to a Labour Day game here in Calgary... granted we can't get 70,000 fans, but the atmosphere is as close to NCAA/NFL as we can possibly hope for up here. :thumbsup:

True enough, that's why I like NCAA the most, the atmosphere is even more intense than NFL, the teams have more at stake (one loss can mean no shot at the championships, whereas in the NFL a 10-6 team can win the super bowl). Plus there seems to be more creative play calling. The other bad thing about the CFL is the no-yards call.

Roadrage
11-13-2003, 01:29 PM
I really hate the no yards rule in the CFL. I say protect the guy but damn...5 yard radius? 2 or 3 yards is plenty. Went to an NFL game over a month ago and man...what a rush compared to CFL. Hoping to go to another game in December.

Only reason I'm impartial to NCAA is that usually, the "Big schools" don't get any shot at the championship or any of the big bowls for that matter. NFL has a salary cap which evens the playing field whereas in college, smaller schools are not going to get the decent recruits because they just don't have "tv appeal" nor the number of scholarships to hand out ala Miami, FSU, Oklahoma, etc.

hjr
11-13-2003, 02:01 PM
i care. but im in edmonton so maybe that matters. the CFL just doesnt have the draw of the NFL. even i think so as a canadain.

accordboi_02
11-13-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Roadrage
I really hate the no yards rule in the CFL. I say protect the guy but damn...5 yard radius? 2 or 3 yards is plenty. Went to an NFL game over a month ago and man...what a rush compared to CFL. Hoping to go to another game in December.

I know what you mean; I caught a game in San Fran and the Monday Nighter in Oakland this year... damn, it got LOUD and I had a blast... I think the closest you can get to that in the CFL is up in Edmonton when they sell out the stadium, or in Montreal for playoffs/Grey Cup in the Big O; but I don't think even there they know how to tailgate like the Americans.
:thumbsup:

scooby_dooby
11-13-2003, 03:46 PM
ya anyone saying CFL football sucks has never been to a live game, I love CFL football.

3 downs is enough, the average scrore in a CFL game is way higher than your average NFL game.

oh...and montreal is gonna get whooped....

whoooo...GOOOO ESKS BABEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

RiCE-DaDDy
11-13-2003, 04:49 PM
i think they should shrink the field(definitely the end zone) a bit makes it more exciting cuz guys will have to try harder to make plays, get rid of the single, move the uprights back like NFL, get rid of no yards and improve the overall officiating. there too many stupid calls for the minor offenses. CFL just has more rugby tradition i think

pinoyhero
11-13-2003, 06:47 PM
If Sask made it, maybe, but Etown vs. Montreal, I won't be interested.

91_Integz
11-13-2003, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by RiCE-DaDDy
i think they should shrink the field(definitely the end zone) a bit makes it more exciting cuz guys will have to try harder to make plays, get rid of the single, move the uprights back like NFL, get rid of no yards and improve the overall officiating. there too many stupid calls for the minor offenses. CFL just has more rugby tradition i think

Couldn't agree more. They really need to fix how god damn big the end zones are. They are huge! Also, they should think about using a normal sized football :nut:

Ajay
11-13-2003, 08:39 PM
I've been to a couple of Stamps game just cause I love football but I still don't like the CFL. NFL is a more entertaining game....especially with KC this year.

rice_eater
11-14-2003, 02:23 PM
I care...i'm ready for some football and beer!!!