PDA

View Full Version : Iran tests long range missiles today.

ICEBERG
09-28-2009, 07:23 PM
Looks like Iran has successfully test-fired some of the longest range missiles in it's arsenal.

The Revolutionary Guards tested the Shahab-3 and Sajjil rockets, which are believed to have ranges of up to 2,000km (1,240 miles). The missiles range could potentially permit them to reach Israel and US bases in the Gulf.

I think Iran's peaceful nuclear technology is just a cover, i would watch out if i was Israel. This is Iran's strongest defence to date against any possible attack by Israel or U.S.

3E58MLTy80s

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/8278026.stm

mr2mike
09-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Can't we just build a giant weapon proof dome around them already like Springfield?
Then directionally drill to keep the oil flowing?

cooker99
09-28-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by ICEBERG
I think Iran's peaceful nuclear technology is just a cover

No way.

arian_ma
09-28-2009, 07:33 PM
I think Iran's peaceful nuclear technology is just a cover, i would watch out if i was Israel.
I think Iran is just doing all of this because they wanna say "Hey! U.S.! Fuck you guys!! You can't tell us shit cause we've got Nukes!"

J NRG
09-28-2009, 07:34 PM

ICEBERG
09-28-2009, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by arian_ma

I think Iran is just doing all of this because they wanna say "Hey! U.S.! Fuck you guys!! You can't tell us shit cause we've got Nukes!"

No... What they are telling the Israelis and U.S is to, ”Calm down and Behave":D

ICEBERG
09-28-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by cooker99

No way.

What, you don't think Israel and US cover $hit up too? They are just playing games with each other.

cooker99
09-28-2009, 07:44 PM
Iran is all bark no bite. Their Gov't would never attack anyone as they know they have 0 chance in going up against US, et. al., AND Muslim countries who are supposedly their allies in the region would not unite with them as they are equally as gutless.

ICEBERG
09-28-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by cooker99
Iran is all bark no bite. Their Gov't would never attack anyone as they know they have 0 chance in going up against US, et. al., AND Muslim countries who are supposedly their allies in the region would not unite with them as they are equally as gutless.

Ahmadinejad is a very smart man. He is not going to do anything. He is just going about his business. I would be more worried about Israel freaking out and starting something first.

finboy
09-28-2009, 08:03 PM

No... What they are telling the Israelis and U.S is to, ”Calm down and Behave":D

:werd:

ZenOps
09-29-2009, 07:34 AM
So - the US finally got around to condemning Iran for non-existant nuclear weapons and ICBMs.

"They have Weapons of Mass Destruction!" The invasion for money oil is just off the horizon. Probably another million or so innocent deaths - and the band keeps on marching.

Totally off topic: Whatever happened to that crosseyed Bobby Batista anchorwoman on CNN? This anchor sort of reminds me of her.

Legless_Marine2
09-29-2009, 12:51 PM
Looks like Iran has successfully test-fired some of the longest range missiles in it's arsenal.

America stomps on the world with its weapons, yet cries foul when others seek to develop the same technologies.

Iran has neither the technology, industrial capability, or resources to duplicate, much less threaten, the American war machine.

It is not America's security that America is threatened here, it is their power the dominate.

01RedDX
09-29-2009, 01:38 PM

jewpac_kurstein
09-29-2009, 01:44 PM
what a peaceful country

mr2mike
09-29-2009, 01:51 PM
^^ Did Ahmadinejad just get a Beyond account?

Sugarphreak
09-29-2009, 01:54 PM

jewpac_kurstein
09-29-2009, 01:57 PM
The very worst thing that could happen is if Obama pulls a Chamberlain in how he deals with Iran.

They need to be stopped!

CUG
09-29-2009, 03:20 PM
Why isn't there a smoking crater over there yet? Oh well

spikerS
09-29-2009, 03:21 PM
they see what is happening with north korea and the talks and they figgure they can get the same deal.

Well if litttle jonny got away with bitch slapping his mother, maybe I can too......

Gainsbarre
09-29-2009, 09:13 PM
It was awfully nice of the west to take out Afghanistan and Iraq -- two of Iran's biggest enemies -- to help strengthen the current regime. With the Shiites taking over in Iraq it looks like they might even get a regional ally now. Really bright planning, but then again, the US went down this route before back in 1953 (disposing of the democratically elected Dr. Mossadegh because he wanted the people of Iran to *GASP* have control over IRAN'S natural resources) and their militaristic actions completely blew up in the west's face in 1979 -- folly that the world is still paying a heavy price for today.

Antonito
09-29-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by spikers
they see what is happening with north korea and the talks and they figgure they can get the same deal.

Well if litttle jonny got away with bitch slapping his mother, maybe I can too......

So if Iran is North Korea, who is China in this equation?

Iran might want to think this one out just a wee bit more

01RedDX
09-29-2009, 11:03 PM

CUG
09-30-2009, 12:56 AM
Riiiight, the coup wasn't how Dr Masaddeq was removed at all.

jewpac_kurstein
09-30-2009, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by Antonito

So if Iran is North Korea, who is China in this equation?

Iran might want to think this one out just a wee bit more

China is still China in this equation, just to a lesser extent.

Antonito
09-30-2009, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by jewpac_kurstein

China is still China in this equation, just to a lesser extent.

A much lesser extent. China was also unhappy about the US invading Iraq, but that didn't lead to anything.

Invade or bomb Korea, and China has a bunch of refugees, along with the US being that much closer.

Invade Iran, and oil goes up a bit, for a while.