PDA

View Full Version : The 09/10 Ski Season thread

Pages : [1] 2 3

Redlyne_mr2
09-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Alright... just a reminder cutoff is Sept 30th for your Sunshine season pass as well as Poor boyz and Level 1 DVD preorders.

Also ON3P a handmade ski out of the US has a preorder which finishes on the 30th a well. Check them out here http://on3pskis.com/?page_id=22
I'm ordering the Wrenegades tomorrow so if anyone wants to get in on the order to save on shipping let me know.

Canmorite has been good at keeping us updated on snow conditions in the Rockies so I look forward to his updates.

Canmorite
09-28-2009, 11:44 PM
Checking in.

On3p stuff is great I hear. Was looking at a pair of Caylors but decided to keep my Brigades for another year, still in great shape.

Counting down the days till Wiwaxy 500...Picked up a pair of Bents for my bro last week, went into Fresh to check out new skis, oh man some stick stuff! Definitely going to buy the Oakley Air Raid in red/white when it comes in.

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/2411/mediaitem4a9da5a8950c9.jpg

adamc
09-29-2009, 02:39 AM
What else are you guys rocking for planks this year?

I'm still planning on riding my somewhat trashed Armada Ar6s, but have been thinking about picking up something else for a second pair.

Looking for something All mountain, powder trees, steeps, etc, virtually no park.

adamc
09-29-2009, 02:48 AM
I need new boots too, so any recommendations would be helpful.

I am an expert level skier.

jdmXSI
09-29-2009, 09:33 AM
I'm not gonna lie... When I saw the weather networks forcast for banff and kananaskis with an expected 15cm of fresh white stuff by Sunday it put a little grin on my face:D my g/f even got mad at me last night for watching Louise/ sunshine promo vidz. lol

the setup:

rock board: liquid w/ preston lx bindings

main board: Rome sds (unsure of model but it has a c/f core), ride ltd edition bindings and thirtytwo boots.

Redlyne_mr2
09-29-2009, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by adamc
What else are you guys rocking for planks this year?

I'm still planning on riding my somewhat trashed Armada Ar6s, but have been thinking about picking up something else for a second pair.

Looking for something All mountain, powder trees, steeps, etc, virtually no park.
The Armada JJ's would work for sure. I have a set of ARV's I'm selling for cheap if you're interested.

FiveFreshFish
09-29-2009, 10:19 AM
I need new boots too, so any recommendations would be helpful.

I am an expert level skier.

Brother-in-law bought these last year and was really impressed. He uses them for back country and resort skiing.

http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442627967&FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302725743&bmUID=1254240549696

Canmorite
09-29-2009, 02:58 PM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2

The Armada JJ's would work for sure. I have a set of ARV's I'm selling for cheap if you're interested.

JJs are peetty muh pow ski only, no? work well for all mountain?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-29-2009, 03:01 PM
Sticking with my Line Blends this year. Stoked for ski season. I cant wait to get my copy of In Deep.

JfuckinC
09-29-2009, 03:04 PM
skiing is so much cooler than it used to be. i kinda wanna try it this year, if im a great ice skater can i transfer ANY of that over to skiing lol?

Redlyne_mr2
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Canmorite

Depends on your ability. I didnt like the ARV's which are supposed to be an all mountain ski because they were too soft. I found that when I was charging steep crud the ski would wash out on me. I remember almost bailing into the rocks on goats eye because the ski couldnt hold the turn. The JJ's are stiffer and supposedly are great on hardpack, powder etc. I found the line prophets to be an almost perfect ski, just a big more width with some rocker would have made it awesome. The blends are great skis but again soft for what I'm used to.

FiveFreshFish
09-29-2009, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
skiing is so much cooler than it used to be. i kinda wanna try it this year, if im a great ice skater can i transfer ANY of that over to skiing lol?

Yep, you've got a good head start.

Canmorite
09-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Drove back from kelowna today, snowed on top of Rogers pass! A little bit on the top of Louise too. Sweet.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
09-29-2009, 10:11 PM

Depends on your ability. I didnt like the ARV's which are supposed to be an all mountain ski because they were too soft. I found that when I was charging steep crud the ski would wash out on me. I remember almost bailing into the rocks on goats eye because the ski couldnt hold the turn. The JJ's are stiffer and supposedly are great on hardpack, powder etc. I found the line prophets to be an almost perfect ski, just a big more width with some rocker would have made it awesome. The blends are great skis but again soft for what I'm used to.

I weight next to nothing, so Blends work well for me.

adamc
09-30-2009, 12:36 AM

Interested. Length?

Can you PM me some photos/price, I'm in Kelowna right now but could come check them out when I'm back in c-town.

vengie
09-30-2009, 12:41 AM
Would anyone be interested in buying my set of Elan Magfire 10's? I believe they are the 08 model, 168's skiied maybe 10 times? Great overall condition, Bindings included...

If so Pm me and we can work out a price

adamc
09-30-2009, 12:42 AM
I'm planning on a Tahoe trip this year too, probably later in the season. So stoked.

Canmorite
09-30-2009, 06:20 PM
Definitely doing a few days in revy this year...If it snows this weekend that'd be awesome.

Redlyne_mr2
09-30-2009, 06:28 PM

Interested. Length?

Can you PM me some photos/price, I'm in Kelowna right now but could come check them out when I'm back in c-town.
Theyre 186s IIRC used 5 times... will do

Gurpy
09-30-2009, 06:33 PM
Drove back from kelowna today, snowed on top of Rogers pass! A little bit on the top of Louise too. Sweet.

Very excited to hear this!!! Moving to Revelstoke for the season tomorrow, can't wait!

colt22
10-01-2009, 12:18 AM
man I love the rockies so much its ridiculous

Cant wait to hit up the powder trail with the buddies this winter

3 days Fernie
3 days panorama
3 days kicking horse

wooooT

kertejud2
10-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Originally posted by colt22
man I love the rockies so much its ridiculous

Cant wait to hit up the powder trail with the buddies this winter

3 days Fernie
3 days panorama
3 days kicking horse

wooooT

If the last couple years were any indication, spend an extra day in Fernie and 2 more days at Kicking Horse, skip Pano.

Phenix
10-02-2009, 11:51 AM
This season is gonna be awesome, getting some new 2x4's lol and two season passes. COP and Nakiska.

Beyond ski night at COP maybe?

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-02-2009, 11:58 AM
Im going to try and ski a lot more this year. When I quit training, everything shifted and I was no longer skiing 3-5 days a week.

canadianskyline
10-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by kertejud2

If the last couple years were any indication, spend an extra day in Fernie and 2 more days at Kicking Horse, skip Pano.

Couldn't agree more.

Panorama is ICCCCYYYYY and that region never gets any snow. There is some steep stuff but it never gets snow and is skied out so fast. Kicking Horse and Fernie are insanely better.

Ever been to Castle Mountain? It's near Fernie and is usually really good.

I'm gonna go order these today.

http://www.skibartlett.com/ekmps/shops/skibartlett/images/line-sir-francis-bacon-skis-09-10-182cm-680-p.jpg

These are hilarious, I wish I needed park skis.
http://www.getboards.com/snow/twintips/lineskis2010/anthem_skis.jpg

Anyone interested in some 2007 Rossignol Scratch FS 176's. 2 seasons use, fresh wax/sharpen, pretty good condition (no major damage).

Phenix
10-02-2009, 01:25 PM
Is anyone Doing any ski racing this year? gate training and all that fun stuff?

Redlyne_mr2
10-02-2009, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by canadianskyline

Couldn't agree more.

Panorama is ICCCCYYYYY and that region never gets any snow. There is some steep stuff but it never gets snow and is skied out so fast. Kicking Horse and Fernie are insanely better.

Ever been to Castle Mountain? It's near Fernie and is usually really good.

I'm gonna go order these today.

http://www.skibartlett.com/ekmps/shops/skibartlett/images/line-sir-francis-bacon-skis-09-10-182cm-680-p.jpg

These are hilarious, I wish I needed park skis.
http://www.getboards.com/snow/twintips/lineskis2010/anthem_skis.jpg

Anyone interested in some 2007 Rossignol Scratch FS 176's. 2 seasons use, fresh wax/sharpen, pretty good condition (no major damage).
Nice the Bacons... Fresh has them in stock now as well.. check our their pricing before you order. :D

Canmorite
10-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Oh ya...

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6158/louise.jpg

DJ Lazy
10-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Damn... feeling outdated, still riding my 2-3yr old Scratch BC's. while everyone else is picking up fresh gear! :rofl:

Planning on working at Big White this season so hoping to get MUCH more skiing in than my past 2 seasons...

MSP, Poor Boys and TGR all seem to be releasing some sick vids this year too... Everyday is a Saturday gets me stoked everytime I watch the trailer!

Redlyne, we gonna finally get out this season? :rofl: I think we have mentioned it every year.. :nut:

adamc
10-03-2009, 05:58 PM
DJ Lazy, as a liftee?

I'll be up there all the time this season, hook a brother up! :)

DJ Lazy
10-03-2009, 06:16 PM
DJ Lazy, as a liftee?

I'll be up there all the time this season, hook a brother up! :)

Hopefully.. got my interview in a couple weeks. :D

Canmorite
10-03-2009, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by DJ Lazy
Damn... feeling outdated, still riding my 2-3yr old Scratch BC's. while everyone else is picking up fresh gear! :rofl:

What's wrong with Scratch BC's?? I've got the original black/orange ones that I use as rock skis :rofl:

DJ Lazy
10-04-2009, 02:49 AM

What's wrong with Scratch BC's?? I've got the original black/orange ones that I use as rock skis :rofl:

Nothing wrong with them... I love mine (yellow/white combo), just completely out of the loop on the new gear these past few seasons... :(

Canmorite
10-04-2009, 05:24 PM

Nothing wrong with them... I love mine (yellow/white combo), just completely out of the loop on the new gear these past few seasons... :(

Oh nice. A yellow jacket to match those skis would be dope :thumbsup:

hash
10-04-2009, 05:55 PM
if anyone's looking for a cheap pair of anon figment goggles, here's some - canadian site. i jsut ordered a pair of anon realm goggles from there

http://www.sportinglife.ca/sportinglife/browse/productDetailWithColorPicker.jsp?productId=23174071&categoryId=GOGGLE_TYPE_OTG_ADULT_GOGGLES

asp integra
10-04-2009, 06:43 PM

JJs are amazing in pow, i rode them cat skiing last year, but they also handle groomers and all mountin better than most skis, if you can only get 1 ski set up this season a ski like this is what you need! if i wasnt living in australia this year i would be on JJs and the new T Halls for park!!!!

asp integra
10-04-2009, 06:46 PM
Also Freshtival is almost here, Oct 15-17! this will be the first time in its history that i will be missing it, and after working at fresh the last 3 seasons in choked i wont be able to make it this year, but here is the schedule for everyone in town, gonna be an amazing show this year! http://www.freshsports.ca/freshtival/schedule.html

DJ Lazy
10-04-2009, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by asp integra
Also Freshtival is almost here, Oct 15-17! this will be the first time in its history that i will be missing it, and after working at fresh the last 3 seasons in chokced i wont be able to make it this year, but here is the schedule for everyone in town, gonna be an amazing show this year! http://www.freshsports.ca/freshtival/schedule.html

That SUCKS! that's the weekend I have to go to Kelowna for my interview at Big White! :banghead: :whipped: :(

Redlyne_mr2
10-04-2009, 07:15 PM
Ya cant wait for Freshtival.... bringing in my OG 1080s for Mike Douglas and JP Auclair to sign then theyre getting mounted on the wall in my place.

Canmorite
10-04-2009, 08:08 PM
Freshtival will be sick. I wanna see everyday is Saturday, In Deep, so far so hood and contrast.

asp integra
10-05-2009, 12:59 AM
ya all the movies are gonna be amazing, refresh by level one is supposed to amazing, i love all level 1 movies, and for refresh cause its the 10th level 1 film they got warren miller to help out with doing some voices and stuff for the movie, but warren miller entertainment, or WME has sued level 1, (they are seperate from warren miller himself) which is really stupid, so we will see how that works out, heres a link to whats happening with the lawsuit:
http://newschoolers.com/web/content/news/news_id/2856/

Canmorite
10-05-2009, 11:19 AM
Saw that lawsuit. Pretty sad to see from WME. Their movies are no longer as relevant as they used to be...but I do miss Warren narrating all his movies.

Redlyne_mr2
10-05-2009, 02:55 PM
WME sucks.. I have refresh on order.. can't wait to see it. I think I might actually see all the ski movies before I actually get the copies that I pre-ordered. :nut:

DJ Lazy
10-05-2009, 05:43 PM
When are the shops suppose to start stocking these movies? I wanna get In Deep, Everyday/Saturday, and Re:session

asp integra
10-05-2009, 09:36 PM
When are the shops suppose to start stocking these movies? I wanna get In Deep, Everyday/Saturday, and Re:session

fresh might have some already, last year we had about half the movies for sale prior to freshtival, so you might wanna try fresh, we usually didnt put em on display till after freshtival though but if they have them they will probably sell em to you

adamc
10-06-2009, 01:57 AM
Redlyne, you gonna hit me back regarding those skis?

Redlyne_mr2
10-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Redlyne, you gonna hit me back regarding those skis?
Oh damn totally forgot sorry.. Ill get pics right away.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-06-2009, 11:36 AM
I cant wait to get my copy of In Deep, as well as my saucer boy T-shirt and MSP hoodie! going to order Everyday is a Saturday soon too.

Canmorite
10-08-2009, 04:33 PM
My bro said it's puking in Canmore.

http://www.sunshinevillage.com/conditions/webcams.php

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-08-2009, 04:37 PM
Wow it wasnt like that an hour ago! Its crazy snowing out there.

jdmXSI
10-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Castle's pic of the day!!! (http://www.skicastle.ca/staff_pic_day.cfm?autoPictureID=719)

OMG!!! The season is coming soon :D I'm getting sooooooo stoked!

7thgenvic
10-08-2009, 06:58 PM

Oh damn totally forgot sorry.. Ill get pics right away.

quit slacking and get back to work!

snoop101
10-09-2009, 09:50 AM
Hey guys I figured this would be the best place to post this.

I have a snowboard and boots from a friend back about 9-10 years ago. He lives in Van now and doesent want them anymore. I think the boots are male size 10.

If I post the make and model of the board and boots could someone tell me if there worth selling and how much I could probably get for them? My friend was smaller then me so I think its to small for myself. I always skied so have no idea bout snowboarding.

DJ Lazy
10-09-2009, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by snoop101
Hey guys I figured this would be the best place to post this.

I have a snowboard and boots from a friend back about 9-10 years ago. He lives in Van now and doesent want them anymore. I think the boots are male size 10.

If I post the make and model of the board and boots could someone tell me if there worth selling and how much I could probably get for them? My friend was smaller then me so I think its to small for myself. I always skied so have no idea bout snowboarding.

Probably better posting in the snowboard thread. ;)

snoop101
10-09-2009, 12:10 PM

Probably better posting in the snowboard thread. ;)

lol good call. I jumped the gun and didnt see the other thread. My bad.

DJ Lazy
10-11-2009, 12:14 AM
Just finished watching Everyday is a Saturday.... sick movie! Can't believe what some of these guys are throwing down... sooo crazy! :nut:

Canmorite
10-11-2009, 12:51 PM
Just finished watching Everyday is a Saturday.... sick movie! Can't believe what some of these guys are throwing down... sooo crazy! :nut:

I bought tickets to Fresh to see that on Saturday night, looks sick. Rented Pretty Good last night, good movie but the music was terrible. 1 or 2 good songs, the rest almost put me to sleep.

aristocrat
10-11-2009, 01:48 PM

I bought tickets to Fresh to see that on Saturday night, looks sick. Rented Pretty Good last night, good movie but the music was terrible. 1 or 2 good songs, the rest almost put me to sleep.

where can you rent ski movies?
or is that in canmore?

aristocrat
10-11-2009, 01:49 PM
Ya cant wait for Freshtival.... bringing in my OG 1080s for Mike Douglas and JP Auclair to sign then theyre getting mounted on the wall in my place.

haha skied with JP auclair in whistler 2 years ago.

Redlyne_mr2
10-11-2009, 01:55 PM
wtf how did you see it? I preordered mine ages ago and it still hasnt shown up.. fawk.

DJ Lazy
10-11-2009, 06:00 PM

I think you will enjoy it! Couple tunes that didn't really do much for me... but that's all personal preference anyways.. haha

wtf how did you see it? I preordered mine ages ago and it still hasnt shown up.. fawk.

mininova...;) I will still be picking up the DVD to support the guys, just couldn't wait that long... :D

Barking_Spidre
10-11-2009, 11:17 PM
I didn't read much of the thread so I hope this wasn't already posted, but I'm looking for a balaclava type thing for this season. I've searched a little online but I'm sure there is somewhere local that sells some good ones.

Would my best bet be the source? Or maybe MEC would be cheaper? Or does anyone have any recommendations for what to use?

Canmorite
10-12-2009, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by aristocrat

where can you rent ski movies?
or is that in canmore?

Avalanche movie store in Canmore. I can't find them for rent anywhere in Calgary, I'm in the mountains for the weekend.

adamc
10-12-2009, 02:54 PM
Pulled it off mininova in about 45 minutes, haven't watched yet though.

I will try to buy it to support these guys, if I can find it locally.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-14-2009, 09:17 AM
Apparently C.O.P. is opening the main hill this weekend. Hopefully it keeps cool so they can blow more snow for the terrain park.

reno97637
10-14-2009, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
Apparently C.O.P. is opening the main hill this weekend. Hopefully it keeps cool so they can blow more snow for the terrain park.

Where'd you hear this? I wouldn't mind hitting up COP for an hour or two.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
10-15-2009, 09:16 PM
http://www.winsportcanada.ca/cop/index_cop.cfm

Says they are opening Saturday now.

core_upt
10-16-2009, 12:27 PM
Originally posted by Barking_Spidre
I didn't read much of the thread so I hope this wasn't already posted, but I'm looking for a balaclava type thing for this season. I've searched a little online but I'm sure there is somewhere local that sells some good ones.

Would my best bet be the source? Or maybe MEC would be cheaper? Or does anyone have any recommendations for what to use?

I picked one up from MEC a few years ago and love it - not only for skiing but for running as well. They don't seem to have their own brand of balaclava anymore, but this loks good: http://www.mec.ca/Products/product_detail.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302883734&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524442627558&bmUID=1255714431073
I like the vented mouthpiece, it would help in keeping ice and moisture from building up.

Link to Tekton's Re:Session Trailer:
http://www.tetongravity.com/videos/Re-Session-Trailer-722717.htm

Canmorite
10-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
http://www.winsportcanada.ca/cop/index_cop.cfm

Says they are opening Saturday now.

If they have some rails and park stuff set up that'd be great. Otherwise...I'll pass.

Redlyne_mr2
10-17-2009, 12:42 AM
Tonights Freshtival was so intense. McConkey segment was unreal. I didnt know the owner of Fresh had cancer.. it was so hard but awesome to see him on stage. Total 180 from the person he was last year... pretty emotional night.

DJ Lazy
10-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Heard that the TGR movie was pretty disappointing from some others.... what did you guys think who saw it?

asp integra
10-17-2009, 08:35 PM
Tonights Freshtival was so intense. McConkey segment was unreal. I didnt know the owner of Fresh had cancer.. it was so hard but awesome to see him on stage. Total 180 from the person he was last year... pretty emotional night.

ya steve was diagnosed at the begining of this year, i think he found out in early jan, right before the SIA trade show in vegas. it was pretty crazy seeing a super athletic and healthy guy getting cancer in his tongue, jaw bone and limph nodes in his neck. he never smoked or chewed or anything so it was a big surprise to all of us at fresh. he had a super long surgery and big recovery, he still is doing speech thearpy cause they had to remove the majority of his tongue, but after chemo and radiation he seems to be healthy again and cancer free which is great.

Canmorite
10-18-2009, 06:45 PM
Wow, ya I was wondering what happened to Steve. Good to see he's doing well though!

Everyday is a Saturday was siiiick! Tim's segment at the end was so good. Loved it.

Went to the afterparty and drank with a few pros, super laid back guys. It was a lot of fun. Thanks to Fresh for putting on a great show!!

Skied COP today too, shredded boxes and cut-ins like never before.

Canmorite
10-18-2009, 09:18 PM
Pic of Chug (Ian Cosco) and I. Sorry for the shitty night-time iPhone quality.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/2378/chugp.jpg

asp integra
10-19-2009, 02:33 AM
haha was that at julios? i wish i was able to be at freshtival this year, but i did just get everday/saturday down here in australia and watched it twice today! so good, and so stoked for when i come home so i can ski!

Canmorite
10-19-2009, 12:13 PM
haha was that at julios? i wish i was able to be at freshtival this year, but i did just get everday/saturday down here in australia and watched it twice today! so good, and so stoked for when i come home so i can ski!

Yup Julios. Lots of free Redbull which was awesome haha

van
10-24-2009, 12:17 PM
The 47th Annual Calgary New & Used Ski Sale runs Friday, Oct 23 to Sunday at Max Bell Arena.

This is your best chance to save on alpine and cross-country skis, snowboards, snowshoes and winter outerwear. Retail ski shops around town will offer last season's gear and clothing at 30 to 40 percent off and the public will fill the rest of the arena with gently used skis, snowboards and clothing.

Sale hours are Friday from 5 pmto 9pm, Saturday 11am to 5pm, and Sunday from 11am to 3pm.

Admission is $5 for anyone aged 17 or older. For more details, call 403.282.4122 or visit skisale.ca

Deckard
10-27-2009, 10:31 PM
Has anyone ridden the 09' Line Prophet 90? I'm really interested in the ski, but I'm not sure if I want the 90 or the 100, or whether 172 or 179 would be best for me, but I'm looking at a VERY good deal on a brand new pair of 90s in 172. Anyway, any opinions are greatly appreciated!

Redlyne_mr2
10-27-2009, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by Deckard
Has anyone ridden the 09' Line Prophet 90? I'm really interested in the ski, but I'm not sure if I want the 90 or the 100, or whether 172 or 179 would be best for me, but I'm looking at a VERY good deal on a brand new pair of 90s in 172. Anyway, any opinions are greatly appreciated!
The Prophets are an awesome ski, one of the best I've ever owned. If you're looking for a one ski quiver I would go with the 100's. This years Prophet has some additional vibration dampening which would work great on those icy shitty groomers. How tall are you? 172 is shooorttt and is really only a good size for a park ski, stick to the 79. One thing to keep in mind as well is that the Prophet is relatively stick, takes some strong legs to move them through tight spots in the trees and through moguls but if you have the skills then theyre awesome.

canadianskyline
10-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Just actually purchased my bacons yesterday.

I just got the freeski 12 bindings on em, I've heard good things about them for being a cheaper binding with a wide brake.

Redline thanks for the tip on fresh, called them, they were way cheaper than the hometown place here so I got them to price match and then some, so got a really good deal on them in town.

Now I officially feel like a jones'in heroine addict. Need to get out on the hill before I go INSANE. Can't wait to try a real wide ski for the first time.

If anyone is out in Fernie ever, hit me up, I'll be there or Castle Mountain most weekends and may even have room at my condo if you're a decent ski/boarder, not lame, and like alcohol.

Canmorite
10-30-2009, 01:03 PM
What's castle like? Heard good things...

canadianskyline
10-30-2009, 01:08 PM
I really like it most times. By end of Dec. the terrain park is usually pretty good, and on powder days it's really really good.

Biggest problem is it's really windy sometimes and they have to shut down the Red Chair (goes to the top) every once in a while.

It's got a lot of black stuff and the lift lineups are non existant usually. Has some good chutes too.

If snow conditions aren't good I'd rather go to Fernie or somewhere with more area though.

They put in another chair lift that has a bunch of green/blue groomed stuff so it's not bad for beginners anymore, but the good/old side of the hill is not all that beginner friendly (which is good for me, haha).

Deckard
10-30-2009, 05:09 PM

The Prophets are an awesome ski, one of the best I've ever owned. If you're looking for a one ski quiver I would go with the 100's. This years Prophet has some additional vibration dampening which would work great on those icy shitty groomers. How tall are you? 172 is shooorttt and is really only a good size for a park ski, stick to the 79. One thing to keep in mind as well is that the Prophet is relatively stick, takes some strong legs to move them through tight spots in the trees and through moguls but if you have the skills then theyre awesome.
Thanks for the input dude! Ideally I'd be getting the 100s in 179, but this deal was just too good to pass up UNTIL the guy decided he doesn't want to ship to Canada. His loss, I guess. As for height/weight, I'm a shade under 6'0 (so let's call it 6'0 ;) ) and about 140-145lbs. I know that they aren't the most maneuverable ski, but I've got pretty strong legs so I think I'll be able to make them move, haha. I don't really plan on going into the park (I want to learn/get more into the whole freeski/back-country thing) but I'm not ruling anything out. Any other skis you'd look at for that type of riding? I do like the Prophets, but I'm pretty open to suggestion.

asp integra
10-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Originally posted by canadianskyline
Just actually purchased my bacons yesterday.

I just got the freeski 12 bindings on em, I've heard good things about them for being a cheaper binding with a wide brake.

Redline thanks for the tip on fresh, called them, they were way cheaper than the hometown place here so I got them to price match and then some, so got a really good deal on them in town.

Now I officially feel like a jones'in heroine addict. Need to get out on the hill before I go INSANE. Can't wait to try a real wide ski for the first time.

If anyone is out in Fernie ever, hit me up, I'll be there or Castle Mountain most weekends and may even have room at my condo if you're a decent ski/boarder, not lame, and like alcohol.

you will enjoy the bacons, i had some last year with the sth 16 binding on them and they were solid, the only complaint i had was when i got into the super deep stuff it would have been nice to have some rocker, but other than that they were super fun, i could even rip some hard turns on the groomers and screw around on park jumps with em, so fun for big 180s and 5s when u land backward on a fat ski!

asp integra
10-30-2009, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Deckard

Thanks for the input dude! Ideally I'd be getting the 100s in 179, but this deal was just too good to pass up UNTIL the guy decided he doesn't want to ship to Canada. His loss, I guess. As for height/weight, I'm a shade under 6'0 (so let's call it 6'0 ;) ) and about 140-145lbs. I know that they aren't the most maneuverable ski, but I've got pretty strong legs so I think I'll be able to make them move, haha. I don't really plan on going into the park (I want to learn/get more into the whole freeski/back-country thing) but I'm not ruling anything out. Any other skis you'd look at for that type of riding? I do like the Prophets, but I'm pretty open to suggestion.

prophets in the 90 and 100 have been the best selling ski at fresh the last 2 seasons cause they are such a solid ski, i would recommend going with the 100, 90 is just way to narrow now! even for 100 underfoot they will turn really well and u can ski em anywhere on the hill, its a really good 1 quiver ski that goes anywhere and does anyhting well. the othe skis you could look at that are in the same category would be a rossi s5, salomon lord or shogun, armada arv. pretty much every ski company makes a ski that is right about 100 underfoot and that skis really well. for your height i would not go any shorter than 179. i would even say 185 ish would be better. also with where the skis are mounted now a days (closer to center) you can go to a bigger ski and you wont sacrifice any performance. pretty much anyhting in the all mountain category will do the trick, i cant remember what we sold the prophets for last year at fresh but i think they were pretty much the best price for a ski in that category! but no matter what u go with u will have a fun time!

Deckard
10-31-2009, 01:47 PM

prophets in the 90 and 100 have been the best selling ski at fresh the last 2 seasons cause they are such a solid ski, i would recommend going with the 100, 90 is just way to narrow now! even for 100 underfoot they will turn really well and u can ski em anywhere on the hill, its a really good 1 quiver ski that goes anywhere and does anyhting well. the othe skis you could look at that are in the same category would be a rossi s5, salomon lord or shogun, armada arv. pretty much every ski company makes a ski that is right about 100 underfoot and that skis really well. for your height i would not go any shorter than 179. i would even say 185 ish would be better. also with where the skis are mounted now a days (closer to center) you can go to a bigger ski and you wont sacrifice any performance. pretty much anyhting in the all mountain category will do the trick, i cant remember what we sold the prophets for last year at fresh but i think they were pretty much the best price for a ski in that category! but no matter what u go with u will have a fun time!
Sounds good, I'll definitely look around, though I'm kind of set on the Prophets, haha. Just tough to find them relatively cheap online, being a student and all :P

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Just got my shipment from MSP and PBP! Stoked.

Canmorite
11-03-2009, 11:37 PM
Such a dope edit...

kn4ySbW7Zcg

Redlyne_mr2
11-04-2009, 02:52 PM
woah so nuts!

98type_r
11-04-2009, 03:33 PM
Louise opens on Friday!

asp integra
11-04-2009, 10:41 PM
gotta love 4bi9

Canmorite
11-06-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by 98type_r
Louise opens on Friday!

So wish I was there this morning. Working instead...

3g4u
11-06-2009, 09:35 AM
Heading to louise tomorrow. So stoked!

Redlyne_mr2
11-06-2009, 12:59 PM
Wiwaxy 500

Canmorite
11-06-2009, 03:44 PM
Wiwaxy 500

There's 3 runs open! Haha

Redlyne_mr2
11-09-2009, 03:45 PM
Sunshine on Friday.. can't wait.

FiveFreshFish
11-09-2009, 06:13 PM

I'm going on opening day Wednesday to see what it's like.

http://skibanff.com/media/news_details.php?id=165

Canmorite
11-09-2009, 09:56 PM

Psh come out on Wednesday!

Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

I'm going on opening day Wednesday to see what it's like.

http://skibanff.com/media/news_details.php?id=165

See ya there!

7thgenvic
11-09-2009, 09:59 PM

You driving me :)

Twin_Cam_Turbo
11-09-2009, 10:08 PM
Dang, I need another pair of rock skis!