PDA

View Full Version : LF: Part time delivery driver 5hrs/week

Jynx
09-29-2009, 08:27 AM
Ideal for someone looking to make a little extra cash per week:

Job Description:

Delivering approximately 2000 flier's per week in SE Calgary (Shawnessy & Canyon Meadows) to approximately 80 locations . Total time including picking flier's up from NE is between 4-5 hours MAX. The fliers can be delivered at more or less any time monday-friday. You just have to be consistent from week to week. About 20 of the places need to be delivered before 6pm. The rest are open till 8 or 9.

Must have your own vehicle. $100 cash per week, will increase to $120 cash per week after 4 months. There is no additional funds allotted for wear, tear, and gas costs.

You will be paid only $50 for the first week as someone will have to go with you to show you the route.

This is not an easy job by any means; It is actually quite a pain in the ass.

We need someone who is extremely responsible and will take this job seriously. This is one of those jobs where there is no weeks off under any circumstance unless there is ample (4+ weeks) notice given.

If any locations are missed without it being approved from us and we find out (which we will), you will not be paid for that week.

Total driving distance including going to the NE (from SE area) is less than 80km which is less than $10 for gas on most cars. More over its not 80 stops with your car, its 80 stores, which could mean one stop in a strip mall with 5 different locations in it. 40 of the locations are within a 5 km radius in Shawnessy.

The most wear and tear on your vehicle will be from parking lot speed bumps.

If you're interested please PM me with your name, phone number, current job/school commitments if any, as well as which part of the city you live in.

Thank you

Nadim

calepeters
09-29-2009, 01:20 PM
pmd

xecutivip
09-29-2009, 08:26 PM
lol sounds like a great opportunity for someone.

Sophal
09-29-2009, 09:11 PM
there a fuel allowence? 80 stops is a bit much you think?

HuMz
09-29-2009, 09:18 PM
I was thinking the same thing, I'd be interested given its a cash job for while im in school and im in the area, but I mean 80 stops and on top having to drive to the NE to pick them up?

Seems pretty outrageous unless im missing something.

SOAB
09-29-2009, 11:53 PM
and you pay your own fuel.

sounds like a great money maker for some poor sucker...

Jynx
09-30-2009, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Sophal
there a fuel allowence? 80 stops is a bit much you think?

Originally posted by HuMz
I was thinking the same thing, I'd be interested given its a cash job for while im in school and im in the area, but I mean 80 stops and on top having to drive to the NE to pick them up?

Seems pretty outrageous unless im missing something.

Originally posted by SOAB
and you pay your own fuel.

Total driving distance including NE (from SE area) is less than 80km which is less than $10 for gas on most cars. More over its not 80 stops with your car, its 80 stores, which could mean one stop in a strip mall with 5 different locations in it. 40 of the locations are within a 5 km radius in Shawnessy.

The most wear and tear on your vehicle will be from parking lot speed bumps.

Even if i calculate $20 for gas/wear and tear that still leaves 80 cash for barely 4.5 hours of work.

Wonder what kind of jobs you guys have if your complaining about ~80-100 CASH for 4-5 hours work.

Just to be clear: If you have no interest in this position please don't waste my time. For those of you who do have some interest (4-5pms already), i look forward to chatting with you further.

xecutivip
09-30-2009, 02:59 PM
4-5 hours of having your car running equals $10?

Jynx
10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by xecutivip
4-5 hours of having your car running equals $10?

When you park your car at a grocery store and go inside do you leave it on?

I thought most people park there car in a parking lot, turn it off, then go run there errands in the store?

If you have to do 5 drops in one plaza would you not turn your car off for the 10 minutes it will take to do the drops?

Hope that answers your question :)

FlySi
10-01-2009, 11:23 PM
this sounds more like volunteering rather than a job

xecutivip
10-03-2009, 02:27 AM
:rofl:

calepeters
10-03-2009, 01:13 PM
yo if your not interested keep it to yourself, like for myself and my schedule this fits perfectly for me and hey its another 80$ i can use for grocereris or alcohol to drop off a few flyers etc pretty good deal i think

Pollywog
10-03-2009, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by SOAB

Originally posted by calepeters
yo if your not interested keep it to yourself, like for myself and my schedule this fits perfectly for me and hey its another 80$ i can use for grocereris or alcohol to drop off a few flyers etc pretty good deal i think

We have a winner!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Originally posted by FlySi
this sounds more like volunteering rather than a job
Exactly what I was thinking... I made better money delivering pizza.

Without fuel/wear&tear comp, this job is a joke.

96GrandAMGT
10-03-2009, 01:26 PM
pmd

Jynx
10-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Will respond to all PM's this weekend.

Thanks for the interest guys!

Jynx
10-16-2009, 10:08 PM
Position has been filled.

Thanks to everyone who showed interest and submitted there info to me.

I will keep all interested parties info on file and contact you if the position opens again.

Thanks again!

chkolny541
10-18-2009, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by Jynx

If any locations are missed without it being approved from us and we find out (which we will), you will not be paid for that week.

this seems slightly illegal,
so basically 1 mess up at one of 80 locations and you dont get paid for the 79 other deliver's you made?
hahahah
i feel bad for whoever took this shitty ass job

Shogged
10-18-2009, 02:04 AM
deliver pizzas on a friday, you do at least 20 houses, most likely more... maybe put 40kms on your car, get paid for gas, make 150-200 bucks once a week. most pizza places hook you up with a free pizza when you work too. i wish i could still be a pizza guy.

FraserB
10-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Couldnt you make more money being a panhandler?:dunno:

Pollywog
10-18-2009, 12:13 PM
Originally posted by FraserB
Couldnt you make more money being a panhandler?:dunno:
Not only that, no one would be telling you they will cut a weeks pay if you happen miss one street corner. Can show up when you want, work your own hours, take vacation when you need to, etc.

The posted job is a joke, I pity the sucker that got snatched into that one.

ShermanEF9
10-27-2009, 02:19 PM
i make more in 5 hours then this and i do wayy less work.

snoop101
10-27-2009, 02:47 PM
I actually thought this was a joke, but then people actually PM'ed the guy.

OP needs to go into used car sales.