PDA

View Full Version : Why have children?

Pahnda
09-29-2009, 12:52 PM
I was just randomly thinking, why did YOU choose to have children? As a side question or if you don't have kids, why do you think other people want to have children?

Beyond is pretty much always sarcastic, but this is a question I'm curious to see real input into.

lint
09-29-2009, 12:54 PM
to bring me slippers and beer

adam c
09-29-2009, 12:56 PM
cause it's the best thing ever

GQBalla
09-29-2009, 12:58 PM
maybe another question to add in,

was it planned or not?

bspot
09-29-2009, 12:59 PM
I was pretty set on not having kids until I thought about what my parents life would be like without us now that they are older and lame, or my grandparents when they were sick and dying if they didn't have family that was younger than them.

Selfish reasons, but now I want them :) Well, when the time is right and it's on purpose... not yet!

Tomaz
09-29-2009, 01:06 PM
To know that eventually there will be more of "me" out in the world. I will rule all! lol

D'z Nutz
09-29-2009, 01:10 PM
To bring lint a newspaper to go with his slippers and beer.

Cock Knuckle
09-29-2009, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
To know that eventually there will be more of "me" out in the world. I will rule all! lol

What about the ones you don't know about Tomaz? Sleeper Cells? Just waiting to be reunited and given coordinates...

codetrap
09-29-2009, 01:17 PM
Cassandra was completely planned.

There are a ton of reasons to have kids, ranging from a form of personal immortality, to unconditional love from your child (for a time at least)..

I had many many reasons, but now, I have new ones..

To be the kind of person my daughter thinks I am. The look in her eyes when she snuggles up to me and says "my dada"... well... it's unbelievable. Or the sound of her laughter when we're playing chase around the kitchen with the dog, or just having a blast on the slide. Being able to look at the world through her eyes.

Yeah.. can you tell I'm totally in love my daughter?

Genma
09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
condom broke.

TKRIS
09-29-2009, 01:21 PM
It is the predetermined raison d'etre for any biological entity.

It's programmed into us, and every other successful living organism, to reproduce. It's just how we're built. As such, explaining why is difficult.
Certainly, some people will have explanations for why they want kids, and those can be entirely valid. The same can be true for explanations why one doesn't want kids.

But ultimately, we're hardwired to want them. Our ability to articulate why we do want children (or, likewise, why we don't) is irrelevant. We just do.
Everyone. At least on some level.

That's not to say that you can't reason that instinctual need away, or find alternative justifications for it, of course.

But we want kids by default. You can reason that impulse away and claim you don't want them, or justify it to explain why you do, however you want, but if we didn't share that evolutionary trait, we wouldn't be here right now.

For my part, it's a desire to see something that's a part of me grow up and learn and be more than I was. To see them go a bit further than I ever could have.

For better or worse, I think we're all built to think our kids will have a positive effect. To think they'll make the world a bit better than it would have been without them.

lint
09-29-2009, 01:25 PM
Originally posted by D'z Nutz
To bring lint a newspaper to go with his slippers and beer.

Nice! You're breeding them for my servitude. You get my vote for favorite moderator :thumbsup:

Ukyo8
09-29-2009, 01:28 PM
No one chooses to have kids, it just happens haha

FiveFreshFish
09-29-2009, 01:31 PM
The world's overpopulated. I'm doing my part. ;)

civicrider
09-29-2009, 01:35 PM
I can't find a reason to have kids, I am happy without them and never plan on having any.

lint
09-29-2009, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by civicrider
I can't find a reason to have kids, I am happy without them and never plan on having any.

There's nothing like getting home after a rough day, the piter pater of feet, a flying hug, big smile and "daddy daddy!"

Course, I usually get a head butt to the junk, but I take what I can get

GQBalla
09-29-2009, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by lint

There's nothing like getting home after a rough day, the piter pater of feet, a flying hug, big smile and "daddy daddy!"

this made me :rofl: :rofl:

JfuckinC
09-29-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

this made me :rofl: :rofl:

LOL same
i'm tall i can imagine it happening to me :rofl:
I cant wait for kids. They're gunna be a riot.

Pahnda
09-29-2009, 02:09 PM
I'm in the "can't see myself having kids" boat, haha.

The only 'problem' (if you can call it that) with my girlfriend and I is she is pretty into the idea of having kids. I usually think of my decisions quite a bit and whenever I do that regarding having kids I always come up further away from wanting them.

legendboy
09-29-2009, 02:12 PM

haha so true

sputnik
09-29-2009, 02:24 PM
Originally posted by civicrider

Easy to say when you are 20-something.

Different when you are 70-something, your wife is dead, your friends are all senile and you are effectively alone.

Merry Christmas.

Kloubek
09-29-2009, 02:28 PM
Honestly dude - if she is totally into having kids and you are totally not, then she is not likely the one for you. Unless you can change your mind and really grow to enjoy having them, you will probably resent her a bit for it. And if you guys don't have them because YOU don't want them, then you can rest assured she will be resentful towards YOU because of it.

Personally, my life would not be complete if I never had kids. As mentioned - it is just instinctively in me to put it in her.

Masked Bandit
09-29-2009, 02:37 PM
I can't think of one logical reason to ever have kids.
- They take all your money
- They make you tired
- They make you crazy
- You WILL fight with your wife about it
- They take up most of your free time (like it matters, you don't have any money left anyway)

However,

I can't fathom a second of my life now without them. I don't know how it happened and as cheesy as it sounds, you'll just understand when you get there.

Canadian 2.5RS
09-29-2009, 02:42 PM

This happens to all fathers. Not THE All-Father of course but it sure as hell happens to me every day. I think it is also attributed to evolution, or natural selection at least. Look at it this way, if your offspring takes out the family jewels then you cant have any more kids, therefore, they will not have to compete for anything from you.

moral of the story is:
Evolution hates my nuts

Masked Bandit
09-29-2009, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by Canadian 2.5RS

This happens to all fathers. Not THE All-Father of course but it sure as hell happens to me every day. I think it is also attributed to evolution, or natural selection at least. Look at it this way, if your offspring takes out the family jewels then you cant have any more kids, therefore, they will not have to compete for anything from you.

moral of the story is:
Evolution hates my nuts

I'll buy that answer. I've always wondered why I should have to kneel down before they make it to the front door from the kitchen.

msommers
Originally posted by sputnik

Different when you are 70-something, your wife is dead, your friends are all senile and you are effectively alone.

Merry Christmas.

Doesn't that seem like a selfish reason to have kids then?:dunno:

BigMass

Merry Christmas.

that may have been true 50-60 years ago in a more family oriented society. But you wouldnt believe how many old people with tons of kids are alone now adays. Kids are too busy or live far away in other cities etc. Families get split up now more than ever. I'd bet many elderly are just as alone now adays with kids as those without.

adam c
09-29-2009, 02:49 PM
i can't imagine my life without my daughter now, before i never thought I would feel this way. i wanted kids before but now I'm super happy that I have her
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j156/adam_c21/7532_129103336841_515236841_2379795.jpg

Pahnda
09-29-2009, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Honestly dude - if she is totally into having kids and you are totally not, then she is not likely the one for you. Unless you can change your mind and really grow to enjoy having them, you will probably resent her a bit for it. And if you guys don't have them because YOU don't want them, then you can rest assured she will be resentful towards YOU because of it.

Personally, my life would not be complete if I never had kids. As mentioned - it is just instinctively in me to put it in her.

Yeah, neither of us is in the relationship for the long haul. She and I both know in the long run we wouldn't work out but for reasons I don't really want to go into we're sticking together until the end of Dec. She'll be moving out and we'll go our separate ways as friends.

codetrap
09-29-2009, 03:01 PM

It's funny because it's true! Though my daughter and my dog have a race on now to see who get's to daddy first.. there's nothing quite like 84lbs of furry happiness smashing into the jewels, then having the daughter slam into the back of the dog to drive her home like a sledge on a tent peg...

Ah well.. such is life. ;)

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2430/3745508068_c740abe25e.jpg

masoncgy
09-29-2009, 03:10 PM
You'll understand the first time you hold your newborn son/daughter in your arms... ;)

Tomaz
09-29-2009, 03:17 PM
I know i am not ready, but i have definitly thought of having a kid. I have always pictured having a lil girl. I just don't know how i will react when the first boy comes around...:whipped:

sputnik
09-29-2009, 03:28 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
Honestly dude - if she is totally into having kids and you are totally not, then she is not likely the one for you.

This.

I know several relationships that fell apart or are on the verge SOLELY due to a differing opinion of kids.

Masked Bandit
09-29-2009, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Tomaz
I know i am not ready, but i have definitly thought of having a kid. I have always pictured having a lil girl. I just don't know how i will react when the first boy comes around...:whipped:

At that moment you will truly understand that the human is just another animal.

He wants to hump your little girl.

You want to bury him in the neighbour's back yard!

FiveFreshFish
09-29-2009, 03:31 PM

Merry Christmas.

Having kids and does not guarantee you won't be alone.

Pahnda
09-29-2009, 03:38 PM
This.

I know several relationships that fell apart or are on the verge SOLELY due to a differing opinion of kids.

Yeah, that was a factor in my previous breakup. And while it's not a factor in the breakup that will occur in my current relationship, I totally agree (as in my prev post) with opinions on kids being a big thing in any long-term relationship.

GQBalla
09-29-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by adam c
i can't imagine my life without my daughter now, before i never thought I would feel this way. i wanted kids before but now I'm super happy that I have her
http://i79.photobucket.com/albums/j156/adam_c21/7532_129103336841_515236841_2379795.jpg

cute kid

sputnik
09-29-2009, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by msommers
Doesn't that seem like a selfish reason to have kids then?:dunno:

Some might say that not having kids is selfish as well.

At the end of the day. There is no logical argument as to why to have kids. You just have to get there.

jonnycat
09-29-2009, 04:53 PM
My son was unplanned. The wife and I were never dead set one way or the other, and finally after years of the withdrawl practice, I scored.

Kids are tons of work, you get no sleep, you worry like crazy, you fuck up your back, they create messes that are inexplicable, (kid dug his shit out of his diaper during a nap one day and spread it everywhere), you spend tons of cash, they will drive you crazy, cause fights between you and your wife / gf / cl / lp etc. and yet something so insignificant as a laugh, or they scream "Daddy Home", or watching them concentrating really hard because they are trying to say waffle, makes everything worth it, instantly.

They will make you laugh harder than ever and you will always remember why, and continue to think it is hilarious.

I was pushing my kid in a shopping cart in Costco on a Sunday afternoon, crazy busy and my kid was swinging his legs and he crushed my left nut. I hit the floor in a heap, guts started to ache and I started laughing. I guarantee that no one, other than your kid, will ever be able to do that and make you laugh.

lint
09-29-2009, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by jonnycat
I was pushing my kid in a shopping cart in Costco on a Sunday afternoon, crazy busy and my kid was swinging his legs and he crushed my left nut. I hit the floor in a heap, guts started to ache and I started laughing. I guarantee that no one, other than your kid, will ever be able to do that and make you laugh.

I'd laugh too if I saw your kid kick you in the nuts at costco :dunno:

barmanjay
09-29-2009, 05:22 PM
to bring me slippers and beer

cant forget the remote aswell.

retirement back-up plan

worst case, one of my 4 kids will look after me, change my daiper when im old and decrepid

Schwa
09-29-2009, 05:26 PM
Sounds like most beyonders have young kids and are still excited about them. I wonder how many will feel the same in 10 years when their kids hit the teens :)

Xtrema
09-29-2009, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by FiveFreshFish

Having kids and does not guarantee you won't be alone.

This.

I see many seniors end up alone anyway because kids just don't give a shit and don't want the trouble dealing with seniors in their final years. I volunteers in old folks home and most of them has the feeling that they will just die and rot at home with nobody knowing. And I'm sure it will only get worse as our education system keep failing us and parents are putting less and less time raising children.

Pro:
1) It's fun before they hit teenage years
2) Something to "do"
3) Fitting into society

Con:
1) Cost when they hit teenage and college years, financial pressure of 1 less wage earner at home.
2) Dedication required to do it right
3) Lack of personal time
4) dealing with genetic defects
5) Having girls especially this social network trend continues
6) Career impact to either partners.

The fact is I have seen couples that switch from no kids to kids within 5 to 10 years. The fact is there is so much you can know a person before you are bored by them. And there is only so much things you can do together (like traveling) before you get bored too. Unless both partners has challenging and fun careers, kids provide you with that challenge and reasons to talk during dinners. A lower cost alternative would be pets.

There is also social pressure to fit in. If your friends are having kids, you'll have kids or you'll risk losing them or at a minimum, slowly being distanced. Eventually no-kids will group with other no-kids base on interest groups and pro-kids will stay with their own kinds.

As social responsibility, if I have to have kids, I would adopt before I have my own. There is enough people on this earth that nobody should procreate any more until we can terraform the moon or Mars. Would love to help kids in poverty before I create one myself.

persiancarpet
09-29-2009, 05:32 PM
"Kids are the best. You can teach them to hate the things you hate. And they practically raise themselves, what with the Internet and all." - Homer Simpson

RecoilS14
09-29-2009, 05:58 PM
No kids, no wife, play for life.

Besides, the world is over populated enough and by not replacing myself, im doing my part to save the environment.

bawlls
09-29-2009, 06:05 PM
i dont have kids, nor am I super stoked on em, but Il be dammed if I let these alpha-male genes go to waste

Cock Knuckle
09-29-2009, 06:38 PM

Merry Christmas.

Although Burt Munro had kids, I would like to think my 60's and 70's will be spent on the salt flats like him. Sure as F**k a lot more fun than feeling sorry for yourself and rotting inside a group home.

I would rather go out on my own terms as a kilometer long red splat.

sputnik
09-29-2009, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by Schwa
Sounds like most beyonders have young kids and are still excited about them. I wonder how many will feel the same in 10 years when their kids hit the teens :)

We were all there once.

Our parents still love us.

speedog
09-29-2009, 11:27 PM
and there's the funny and/or great memories that you'll never ever forget - like your kid smearing the complete contents of a large tub/bottle of Vaseline onto the cat and himself. Or learning the hard way that electricity hurts - not one, not twice, but three times by sticking things into the wall plug-in (scary and funny at the same time). Or watching them go thigh deep into a mudhole that they (kid's 17) thought they could cross easily when out fishing in the woods and then expecting Dad to hep them out (yeah, right). Or watching your 12 year old drift his go-cart and smoke the 20 somethings at the cart track. Or watching them drive for the first time. Was all well worth the time and effort and it still is - didn't matter if they were 2 or 10 or 17 - still lots to laugh about and love.

Melinda
09-29-2009, 11:32 PM
Wanna know why? Watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7EVZoeZ8yM

This was my son, taking his first steps tonight. I couldn't speak because I had a giant bunch of mommy pride clogging up my throat as I held the camera. See that look on his face? The absolute incredible pride he's feeling showing all over his face, KNOWING that he's doing something so huge and important. Yeah, that's why you have kids. It makes the crying, whining, teething, sleepless nights, lack of time and money and everything else on the 'con' list of having kids 100% worth it.

speedog
Originally posted by Schwa
Sounds like most beyonders have young kids and are still excited about them. I wonder how many will feel the same in 10 years when their kids hit the teens :) Most. Been there (young kids), was excited then and am still excited now (kids older now - 11, 15, 17). Life is what ya make of it.

TomcoPDR
Originally posted by barmanjay

cant forget the remote aswell.

retirement back-up plan

worst case, one of my 4 kids will look after me, change my daiper when im old and decrepid

That's probably the good thing having daughters eh, they'll give you sponge baths when you get old vs. sons.

jonnycat
09-30-2009, 12:16 AM
With sons it'll be the garden hose and a brush.

Aleks
09-30-2009, 06:56 AM
I am a few days away from becoming a dad for the first time. Can't wait! :D

KuruptEX
09-30-2009, 07:19 AM
....to post on beyond when your gone i daughter gets overly excited whenever im holding her and im either playing cod4 or on beyond.ca. i got a feeling shes gonna do well when she gets older, cars plus games equals I've taught her well

hampstor
09-30-2009, 08:16 AM
One of my favorite things about my boy is the pride I feel when I watch how excited he is to learn & accomplish something new. He's young now so it's things like putting 2 duplo blocks together and learning a new word (in viet or english). As he grows up, it will be learning to ride a bike, first girlfriend, learns how to drive, graduates from school, etc.

It's one of those things that unless you have kids, you'll never know it.

dino_martini
09-30-2009, 08:37 AM
http://www.speedwaremotorsports.com/media/catalog/product/cache/2/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/v/i/vivo-carbon-l.jpg

duh

lint
09-30-2009, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by TomcoPDR
That's probably the good thing having daughters eh, they'll give you sponge baths when you get old vs. sons.

Seriously, that's disgusting. When I'm old and decrepit the last thing I'd want is my daughter to give me a sponge bath. If anything I'd hire someone else's 20-something daughter to bathe my willie.

hampstor
09-30-2009, 10:19 AM

Seriously, that's disgusting. When I'm old and decrepit the last thing I'd want is my daughter to give me a sponge bath. If anything I'd hire someone else's 20-something daughter to bathe my willie.

:werd:

When I can't bathe myself & wipe my own ass, take me out back and shoot me.

masoncgy
09-30-2009, 10:29 AM
Originally posted by hampstor
When I can't bathe myself & wipe my own ass, take me out back and shoot me.

hahaha... that's my request too... if I can have any dignity, I don't want to be here.

Critical
09-30-2009, 10:39 AM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

almerick
09-30-2009, 10:39 AM
Don't forget tax benefits in having kids, that racing child seat is AWESOME but silly.

Lex350
09-30-2009, 10:41 AM
When we are children, we see the world in black and white; right or wrong - good or bad.

When we are older and go to University we see the world in shades of Gray. There is no right or wrong just something inbetween

But when we grow up and have children we then see the world for the first time in brilliant color.

freshprince1
09-30-2009, 10:47 AM
Having kids allows you to feel emotion on a whole new level. There is no better feeling than coming home to your kids' hugs and kisses after a long day at work, or watching them sleep, or having them snuggle into you while watching "Horton hears a Who".

To all of you who are considering not having kids because it would cramp your lifestyle or be challengin financially, I encourage you to see past those selfish concerns and have a family with the right person at the right time.

lint
09-30-2009, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by rotten42
When we are children, we see the world in black and white; right or wrong - good or bad.

Calling bullshit on this one. I know with my kid, nothing is black and white. Especially as he continues to learn and push the envelope. I'll tell him not to throw something, so he'll sorta under hand toss it, with a look of "see, that's not really throwing it", or you tell him not to hit and he'll give you a poke. Tell him to stand up, he'll squat.

Children are devious. It's a parents job to outsmart them.

Eleanor
09-30-2009, 11:03 AM
Because stupid people have kids, and I want to give the next generation a fighting chance :dunno:

sputnik
09-30-2009, 11:10 AM
If you all watch the movie Idiocracy, you will WANT to have kids as soon as possible.

MUST WATCH - FOR THE GOOD OF THE HUMAN RACE!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2682654/idiocracy_opening_sequence/

403Gemini
09-30-2009, 11:29 AM
If you all watch the movie Idiocracy, you will WANT to have kids as soon as possible.

MUST WATCH - FOR THE GOOD OF THE HUMAN RACE!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2682654/idiocracy_opening_sequence/

See, right now I think our world is in pretty shitty shape. I honestly couldnt imagine having a kid within the ages of 13-18 right now since they all seem to be such stupid retards. (No offense to those on here who have kids in that age bracket or are in that age bracket... you MAY be the exception ;) ).

Whats with child obesity ? Theres no excuse for this, when I went to school my parents fed me shit like gushers or soda-licious, that is sugar wrapped in sugar and we only have 2-3 fat kids in the entire school, but even though they were still fat they still played a lot of sports. Hell I played Hockey and Soccer with the fat kids in my school so it's not like they didnt at least get exercise!

The internet and technology has completely destroyed morals and values. You can raise your kid and try and be the best parent you can in their beginning years, but in their teens you just have to hope you filled their head with enough values that they won't go off showing their tits to everybody on the internet or doing stupid shit like jumping off of a roof cause they saw a kid do it on youtube.

The 13-18 age bracket, i dub them as "generation fail" since a lot of the ones i see are nothing exceptional. I have friends and family who are teachers who tell me that over HALF of their class have some form of learning disability or are on meds for ADHD. Unbelieveable, are we devolving as a human species? That vid sputnik posted is 100% right, there is nothing thinning out "the herd."

Also having kids doesn't leave you with company when you're old, if anything it leaves you more alone. Knowing you have family out there who HATES spending time with you - christ watch Gran Torino, there are families out there like that who dread seeing their parents/grandparents and I imagine it is only getting worse with time with everybody being so fucking selfish and our disposal society. It's weird I just get curious on how my grandma is doing since i hardly see her now and I give her a call probably once every few weeks just to check in on her! I know people who dont speak to their parents for months at a time!

I know a lot of the family members on here are going to attest this, but I also know a great deal of them are raising their kids "right" and being parents instead of friends which seems to be what happened with this last batch of idiots that are growing up right now lol ;)

freshprince1
09-30-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

See, right now I think our world is in pretty shitty shape. I honestly couldnt imagine having a kid within the ages of 13-18 right now since they all seem to be such stupid retards. (No offense to those on here who have kids in that age bracket or are in that age bracket... you MAY be the exception ;) ).

Whats with child obesity ? Theres no excuse for this, when I went to school my parents fed me shit like gushers or soda-licious, that is sugar wrapped in sugar and we only have 2-3 fat kids in the entire school, but even though they were still fat they still played a lot of sports. Hell I played Hockey and Soccer with the fat kids in my school so it's not like they didnt at least get exercise!

The internet and technology has completely destroyed morals and values. You can raise your kid and try and be the best parent you can in their beginning years, but in their teens you just have to hope you filled their head with enough values that they won't go off showing their tits to everybody on the internet or doing stupid shit like jumping off of a roof cause they saw a kid do it on youtube.

The 13-18 age bracket, i dub them as "generation fail" since a lot of the ones i see are nothing exceptional. I have friends and family who are teachers who tell me that over HALF of their class have some form of learning disability or are on meds for ADHD. Unbelieveable, are we devolving as a human species? That vid sputnik posted is 100% right, there is nothing thinning out "the herd."

Also having kids doesn't leave you with company when you're old, if anything it leaves you more alone. Knowing you have family out there who HATES spending time with you - christ watch Gran Torino, there are families out there like that who dread seeing their parents/grandparents and I imagine it is only getting worse with time with everybody being so fucking selfish and our disposal society. It's weird I just get curious on how my grandma is doing since i hardly see her now and I give her a call probably once every few weeks just to check in on her! I know people who dont speak to their parents for months at a time!

I know a lot of the family members on here are going to attest this, but I also know a great deal of them are raising their kids "right" and being parents instead of friends which seems to be what happened with this last batch of idiots that are growing up right now lol ;)

"...with all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful, and strive to be happy"

Don't give up just because its tough. I have two kids under 2 years old, and I wouldn't trade them, or my position, for anything in the world. The world is scary, and yes, I am worried about how they will survive out there. But my wife and I do our best everyday to teach our children good values, strong morals, and the beginings of skills that will allow them to navigate their world accordingly. Instead of leaving the world to its cesspool of rotting filth, why not try to make it better by doing your best to add responsible, diligent people? I cannot guarantee my kids will be responsible and diligent, but I honestly don't worry about it. I'd like to think that my wife and I are good citizens and good people, with persistent love, attention and tutelage I believe my kids will be fine.

But, to each their own.

TKRIS
09-30-2009, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by almerick
Don't forget tax benefits in having kids,

I realize you're just joking, but in case anyone didn't catch that:
If you're going to have kids because of all the money you'll save on your taxes, your arithmetic is atrocious.

Originally posted by almerick
that racing child seat is AWESOME but silly.

Disagree.
It's just awesome.

dino_martini
09-30-2009, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
(No offense to those on here who have kids in that age bracket or are in that age bracket... you MAY be the exception ;) ).

No offense taken. :)

abyss
10-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Kids amplify emotions exponentially. You will never feel more profound sadness, sorrow, happiness and joy then you will feel when you have kids. Everything they feel, you feel more.

"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body.” - Elizabeth Stone

For me, having kids is the secret of life. The first time I held my son was when I realized who I was and who I was meant to be. I feel more at ease and comfortable with myself than I have ever felt, like I've finally arrived at the right time and on the right path of the journey of my life. I can think of no better personal goal than to raise a contributing, compassionate, polite member of society.

Oh, and Graham was very planned, and 100% worth the wait. :love:

GOnSHO
10-02-2009, 03:40 PM

this actually made me LoL

all my coworkers were like WTF? haha!!1 :rofl:

hampstor
10-02-2009, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by abyss
I can think of no better personal goal than to raise a contributing, compassionate, polite member of society.

:devil:

abyss
10-02-2009, 04:03 PM

Yes, as of now, he's a screeching, food throwing heathen. That's why I said it was a goal. ;)

legendboy
10-02-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Aleks
I am a few days away from becoming a dad for the first time. Can't wait! :D

nic3!

waiting for #2 over here ( :nut: )

(after this one, i am getting snippy snippy)

Melinda
10-02-2009, 11:23 PM

Originally posted by abyss

Yes, as of now, he's a screeching, food throwing heathen. That's why I said it was a goal. ;)
Hey, your kid asks to climb, walk, cross the street and play with toys and to eat dinner. He even puts his shit back when he's done using it at the tender age of 14 months old. I'd say you're well on your way to that goal! My kid on the other hand...well you know his motto...

I think the boys need to spend more time together :devil: