PDA

View Full Version : eau claire parking ticket??

MK3HKS
11-12-2003, 11:17 PM
PARKING TICKET AT EAU CLAIRE

i come out 2 mins late, and i see the lil bitch walking away from my car.....

i take it to the gov building, and the guy sitting there says "this isnt even a city of calgary ticket, if i were u i would throw it out"

what should i do, take his advice??:dunno:

3G
11-12-2003, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by MK3HKS
PARKING TICKET AT EAU CLAIRE

i come out 2 mins late, and i see the lil bitch walking away from my car.....

i take it to the gov building, and the guy sitting there says "this isnt even a city of calgary ticket, if i were u i would throw it out"

what should i do, take his advice??:dunno:

let me see the ticket tomorrow, I'll tell you if it's legit or not

buh_buh
11-12-2003, 11:31 PM
I've gotten 10+ tickets from Eau Claire. None of them have been paid.

The_1
11-12-2003, 11:32 PM
got like 2 tickets from there before and never paid it
they never even sent me a letter

MK3HKS
11-12-2003, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by buh_buh
I've gotten 10+ tickets from Eau Claire. None of them have been paid.

that puts a smile on my face......:D

i got a question, can this "eau claire parking patrol" get personel shit from the registry like my phone number and phone me and bug me about it:dunno:

roopi
11-12-2003, 11:36 PM
isn't that a impark lot? or no?

MK3HKS
11-12-2003, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by roopi
isn't that a impark lot? or no?

maybe i dunno:dunno:

ZorroAMG
11-12-2003, 11:49 PM
Eau Claire is run by Impark...I am positive. Treat it as you would all other impark tickets, which in my case means never paying them...;)

Nadz
11-13-2003, 12:08 AM
i got a tiket at eau clair a couple weeks bak
just call that number on the bak of the tiket
and be like i came out 2 mins late etc..
and theyll drop the tiket!!!

MK3HKS
11-13-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by Nadz
i got a tiket at eau clair a couple weeks bak
just call that number on the bak of the tiket
and be like i came out 2 mins late etc..
and theyll drop the tiket!!!

why bother, since 70% of the ppl dont pay it....

szw
11-13-2003, 12:16 AM
i love impark, convenient free parking!

djfob
11-13-2003, 12:55 AM
I've heard that if you repeatedly get tickets and never pay them that they can tow your car if you are caught again. Does anyone know if this is true or just a urban legend?

Superesc
11-13-2003, 12:58 AM
some of those patrol are pretty dumb.. I pay (monthly pass) for a lot in downtown, and I STILL get ticket 'cause some newbie patrol thinks I am in the wrong lot... I talked to the patrol who's usually there and he say I should call them and complain.. in which I did.. they will tell you to sent the ticket back.

kenny
11-13-2003, 01:11 AM
Impark runs all those meters at Eau Claire, and NO even if you rack up 1000 tickets they cannot tow your car. All they can do is call up the Calgary Parking Authority who will have to go down to where your car is, complain that it is being parked on private property, then the CPA has to call a tow truck to tow your vehicle. As these events unfold, hopefully you'll finish eating your meal and come out to pick up your car long before any tow truck arrives. :)

MK3HKS
11-13-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by kenny
Impark runs all those meters at Eau Claire, and NO even if you rack up 1000 tickets they cannot tow your car. All they can do is call up the Calgary Parking Authority who will have to go down to where your car is, complain that it is being parked on private property, then the CPA has to call a tow truck to tow your vehicle. As these events unfold, hopefully you'll finish eating your meal and come out to pick up your car long before any tow truck arrives. :)

yea man, i walk outside and i see this lil shit walking away from my car in his street clothes and goes and sits in his 87civic and eats lunch...i walked up to his car to bitch, and the guy pics up a lil alluminum pipe and waves it at me like he is gonna hit me:rofl:

next time......(since i know they cant do shit)

when i get a ticket from there, iam gonna wipe my ass with it and tape it on eau claires windows!!

kenny
11-13-2003, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by MK3HKS

yea man, i walk outside and i see this lil shit walking away from my car in his street clothes and goes and sits in his 87civic and eats lunch...i walked up to his car to bitch, and the guy pics up a lil alluminum pipe and waves it at me like he is gonna hit me:rofl:

next time......(since i know they cant do shit)

when i get a ticket from there, iam gonna wipe my ass with it and tape it on eau claires windows!!

They monitor those meters like hawks. Next time you get a ticket, just take it over to the guy that is giving them out, you'll see them, and it they aren't there they will be back within 5 - 10 minutes, just walk up to their car and put it under his wipers :)

cujo_cjc
11-13-2003, 05:32 PM
I got one from the impark too and didn't pay it either
I heard from some of my friends i shouldn't go back cuz they'll tow my car next time?
How many tickets does it take to get towed from an impark? :p

rx7_turbo2
11-13-2003, 05:47 PM
I've got a couple tickets at SAIT where I work. It seems Sterling parking (the parking contractor) calls out a city official who issues the ticket for "parking on private property" So the ticket is issued by a city official, what about these tickets, will they eventually show up when I go to renew the registration on the car or can I just ignore them. I would give you the big long reason why I have a couple of them, but lets just chalk it up to the person in charge of parking at SAIT is a major and I mean major bag of dicks.

donz
11-13-2003, 07:07 PM
hey my friend knew a guy that was one of those partol guys... why you would want that job, beats me... but they said that the partol guys have a quota that they have to meet. they have to give out a certain amount of tickets each night, so it it's dark they will claim that they can't see your stub and write you a ticket.. it's all bullshit...

MK3HKS
11-13-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by kenny

They monitor those meters like hawks. Next time you get a ticket, just take it over to the guy that is giving them out, you'll see them, and it they aren't there they will be back within 5 - 10 minutes, just walk up to their car and put it under his wipers :)

yea man....i think my idea will be a lil too harsh, ill do that:thumbsup:

mutsuraboshi
11-16-2003, 03:32 PM
my frend got a ticket there too and we were 10 mins late from stupid initial D, cuz them nerds take so long to finish up.
anyways if it is an impark ticket.... they will save ur liscence on their computers. so that if u choose not to pay, and they catch u again, ur car will be towed.

mutsuraboshi
11-16-2003, 03:35 PM
so if u throw the ticket away dont park their again. if u park there again and get caught they tow it. but dont pay the ticket they cant catch u

3G
11-16-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by mutsuraboshi
so if u throw the ticket away dont park their again. if u park there again and get caught they tow it. but dont pay the ticket they cant catch u

They can't tow it without calling the bylaw officers first, and by the time the bylaw officer gets there you'll be gone.

Seanith
11-16-2003, 04:17 PM
So do you guys not even pay the parking fee at all? Sounds like thats the way to go ;)
I don't go downtown that much but i still pay the $4 or whatever to park there for 2 hours.. should i not even bother?? :dunno:

mutsuraboshi
11-18-2003, 04:14 PM
we paid, just that the parking control for impark is relly stingy
once you expire they show no mercy, and they chek the lots so often:burnout:

Mr.Touchdown
11-19-2003, 10:35 AM
bastards i think they should all be shot out of a cannon.

rc2002
11-19-2003, 12:33 PM
Are you guys talking about the meters at Eau Claire that's run by impark? I always pay those because I thought only the City of Calgary has parking meters...

One of my friends got an impark ticket and they didn't stop calling her. I don't know how they got her number but they kept on making threatening remarks like it'll show up on your credit rating and everything.

Barlow
11-19-2003, 01:18 PM
all not paying tickets does is fuck your credit up, my bro has tonnes and he didn;t paythem, and no he didn;t get towed, but yeah at the end of the yearhe shovveled out the money to pay them so they will get ou eventually....

sputnik
11-19-2003, 02:44 PM
they cant tow your car... but they can call a collections agency... and if you continue not to pay you will get a nice derogatory remark on your credit rating... which is worse than paying the ticket

3G
11-19-2003, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
they cant tow your car... but they can call a collections agency... and if you continue not to pay you will get a nice derogatory remark on your credit rating... which is worse than paying the ticket

:bullshit: :bullshit: They can do jack all to your credit rating

MistaBrent
11-20-2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by djfob
I've heard that if you repeatedly get tickets and never pay them that they can tow your car if you are caught again. Does anyone know if this is true or just a urban legend?

Ive personally got about 5 impark tickets and always pull the daring stunt of parking there even with a year of unpaid tickets and have never been towed. It is convenient free parking.

My fav one is the impark across from the petro canada centre, I havent gotten a ticket at that one even (at night of course 6pm and later)

mrbojangles
11-20-2003, 11:24 AM
They can tow cars out of Impark lots if you have unpaid tickets *only* if they call the Calgary Parking Authority who then have to make a trip to the lot, ticket the car and then have it towed. Impark itself can't tow. Sometimes the tow (Busters) truck arrives the same time as the bylaw guy, but usually just a few minutes after. I used to watch cars getting towed out of Impark lots from my office window all the time. It looked like the only way he would 'catch' the car is if the time was expired on the dash ticket, then it would come up on his hand held computer. This was 2 years ago so I'm not sure if they do this still.

Dj_Stylz
11-21-2003, 08:09 AM
I dont think you have to pay it.