PDA

View Full Version : Dalai Lama In Calgary

persiancarpet
09-29-2009, 05:57 PM
So I am outside the Palliser hotel today and saw RCMP, CPS, K9 guys outside. His Holiness is staying at the Palliser.

http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/local/CTVNews/20090929/CGY_dalai_lama_090929/20090929/?hub=CalgaryHome

Toma
09-29-2009, 06:22 PM
Political Monks... how annoying.

Go home CIA dipshit.

jewpac_kurstein
09-29-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by Toma
Political Monks... how annoying.

Go home CIA dipshit.

The CIA is what's protecting us from the extremists you dumbass. Without the CIA, the terrorists would take away our freedom, because that's what they hate most.

TeamBestBud
09-29-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by jewpac_kurstein

The CIA is what's protecting us from the extremists you dumbass. Without the CIA, the terrorists would take away our freedom, because that's what they hate most.

:rofl: :rofl:

TurboD
09-29-2009, 06:57 PM
the Dalai Lama line of reincarnation is so retarded.

how do we verify that he is actually reincarnated?
we play fucking hide the ball and if he guesses the right cup he wins?

wtf.

superstitious people are really killing the world.

why not let everyone in the world take the test?
why not ask harder questions rather than just play simple games?

fraud, and hoax, dreamed up by delusional monks.

if you are really that desperate for insight, you really need to re-think how the world works.

sponsored by the U of C?
how can so many smart people be so out of touch with reality?

we're in a recession, lets take advice for someone that never had to lift a finger his whole life...

Cock Knuckle
09-29-2009, 07:08 PM
Firstly, the Dalai Lama is not chosen by cheap parlour tricks, but rather by chopping the head off a chicken and placing it in a ring with different tiles on the floor. Whichever tile the dead chicken lands on tells the future of said person.

The chicken used to determine the Dalai Lama's future turned out to live a bit longer than expected (of a chicken with no head)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BFqtne2yfVU/Sm5CcS3z3PI/AAAAAAAAAOg/EPAEXHGyQmo/s320/MikeTheHeadlessChicken.jpg

There you've been schooled, consider yourself at least half-complete any of the bulls**t degrees from UofC (you know which ones I am talking about).

TurboD
09-29-2009, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by Cock Knuckle
Firstly, the Dalai Lama is not chosen by cheap parlour tricks, but rather by chopping the head off a chicken and placing it in a ring with different tiles on the floor. Whichever tile the dead chicken lands on tells the future of said person.

The chicken used to determine the Dalai Lama's future turned out to live a bit longer than expected (of a chicken with no head)
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_BFqtne2yfVU/Sm5CcS3z3PI/AAAAAAAAAOg/EPAEXHGyQmo/s320/MikeTheHeadlessChicken.jpg

There you've been schooled, consider yourself at least half-complete any of the bulls**t degrees from UofC (you know which ones I am talking about).

wiki:

"Once the High Lamas have found the home and the boy they believe to be the reincarnation, the boy undergoes a series of tests to affirm the rebirth. They present a number of artifacts, only some of which belonged to the previous Dalai Lama, and if the boy chooses the items which belonged to the previous Dalai Lama, this is seen as a sign, in conjunction with all of the other indications, that the boy is the reincarnation."

TurboD
09-29-2009, 07:20 PM
The Dalai Lama reminds that according to Buddhist precepts abortion is an act of killing

In his view, oral, manual and anal sex (both homosexual and heterosexual) is not acceptable in Buddhism or for Buddhists...

In October 1998, The Dalai Lama's administration acknowledged that it received $1.7 million a year in the 1960s from the US Government through the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)

bawlls
09-29-2009, 07:26 PM
lol if he just gets reincarnated then why does he need so many people to watch his back... after all he will just come back to life

ZenOps
09-29-2009, 07:37 PM

I think you have Canada mistaken for the US. The US is the "Land of the Free", in Canada its still "God save the Queen".

Yes - Tibetan royalty is not decided by bloodline, but a very strange and arcane set of rituals. Still, its not different than any other kingdom where the majority of people are simple serfs (servants)

jewpac_kurstein
09-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps

I think you have Canada mistaken for the US. The US is the "Land of the Free", in Canada its still "God save the Queen".

Actually, the CIA, in conjunction with numerous other agencies such as Mossad, MI6, CSIS, are there to look out for mankind's best interests. They exist to preserve freedom and crush those who threaten it.

persiancarpet
09-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Dalai preaches "peace, harmony, and good living". No wonder some of you pro-middle east types don't like him! LOL

Xtrema
09-29-2009, 08:23 PM
What's with the noobs latey?

ICEBERG
09-29-2009, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

These are all the Banned people from Beyond that come back with different account names.:D

DRKM
09-29-2009, 09:21 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYEOSCIOnrs

persiancarpet
09-29-2009, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by DRKM
fYEOSCIOnrs

Here it is.. Because I am such a nice guy.

Toma
09-29-2009, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by Xtrema

Re-Incarnated members previously banned :poosie:

And

Dipshits with 2 accounts.

EK 2.0
09-29-2009, 11:20 PM
I am gonna attempt to ask you all to show a little bit of respect....

No, I am NOT Buddhist...but there are users on this board and any public that has access to beyond can see everything you idiots write.

If you disagree with things, fine...You are all titled to your own thoughts and opinions...but let's dicuss them in a rational, and adult manner...

adidas
09-30-2009, 12:34 AM
^^ why?

No1 was saying anything when Islam was getting thorn to bits a week or so ago by "homelessman" or the time when ppl were going freely left right and center on muslims washing up before their prayer at SAIT.

Free for one free for all.

EK 2.0
09-30-2009, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by adidas

^^ why?

No1 was saying anything when Islam was getting thorn to bits a week or so ago by "homelessman" or the time when ppl were going freely left right and center on muslims washing up before their prayer at SAIT.

Free for one free for all.

Well, I haven't been on beyond much as of late and I never saw the homelessman threads...and if I had I would have asked for civility in that thread as well...Or taken harder actions with religious and race threads as I have in the past...

And as for the SAIT washroom thread...That got out of hand yes, but it was too far gone to attempt to stop. This is why I got in early here to try to put a squash on the stupidity...

narou
09-30-2009, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

Well, I haven't been on beyond much as of late and I never saw the homelessman threads...and if I had I would have asked for civility in that thread as well...Or taken harder actions with religious and race threads as I have in the past...

And as for the SAIT washroom thread...That got out of hand yes, but it was too far gone to attempt to stop. This is why I got in early here to try to put a squash on the stupidity... :werd:

CUG
09-30-2009, 12:52 AM
I am gonna attempt to ask you all to show a little bit of respect....

No, I am NOT Buddhist...but there are users on this board and any public that has access to beyond can see everything you idiots write.

If you disagree with things, fine...You are all titled to your own thoughts and opinions...but let's dicuss them in a rational, and adult manner... Do you apply this rule evenly? Because quite honestly, I see ZERO moderation in threads that involve Christianity, yet the muslim/bhuddist stuff it's quashed on the first page. That's not really fair at all, ever for "beyond law" or whatever. Just saying

Great that you were unhappy about the foot washing station thread about the UofC.. but what about this thread?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/279369/christian-group-condemns-calgary-zoos-elephant-sculpture/
For instance.

EK 2.0
09-30-2009, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by CUG

Do you apply this rule evenly? Because quite honestly, I see ZERO moderation in threads that involve Christianity, yet the muslim/bhuddist stuff it's quashed on the first page. That's not really fair at all, ever for "beyond law" or whatever. Just saying

Great that you were unhappy about the foot washing station thread about the UofC.. but what about this thread?

http://forums.beyond.ca/st/279369/christian-group-condemns-calgary-zoos-elephant-sculpture/
For instance.

It was SAIT...and I hadn't seen the Zoo thread...but...yes I will apply the same rule...

CUG
09-30-2009, 01:21 AM

It was SAIT...and I hadn't seen the Zoo thread...but...yes I will apply the same rule... Wasn't trying to be a penis or anything dude. I guess there was two threads about the same topic in different schools.

TurboD
09-30-2009, 07:42 AM
if i believe elvis is still alive i expect people to criticize that belief and the rational gaps in that theory.

for the same reason i think there is nothing wrong with calling out people on their idea of a reincarnate superhero

D. Dub
09-30-2009, 07:58 AM

Actually, the CIA, in conjunction with numerous other agencies such as Mossad, MI6, CSIS, are there to look out for mankind's best interests. They exist to preserve freedom and crush those who threaten it.

Seriously?

Man........ stop drinking the Kool Aid.

ZenOps
10-01-2009, 02:13 PM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Dalai+Lama+sounds+Afghan+oilsands/2055170/story.html

Asked about the development of Alberta's oilsands, he said in a choice between "destruction of environment or losing money, then we have to choose losing money."

Uh huh... Thats going to make the Dalai Lama popular around here :rofl: No wonder Rob Anders supports Tibetans - I'm sure Rob is just dying to bring us all back to the rapid pace of development of native cultures or the insane progress of a racially secular Newfieland.

What a commie Rob Anders is.

Jlude
10-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by ZenOps
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/Dalai+Lama+sounds+Afghan+oilsands/2055170/story.html

Asked about the development of Alberta's oilsands, he said in a choice between "destruction of environment or losing money, then we have to choose losing money."

Uh huh... Thats going to make the Dalai Lama popular around here :rofl: No wonder Rob Anders supports Tibetans - I'm sure Rob is just dying to bring us all back to the rapid pace of development of native cultures or the insane progress of a racially secular Newfieland.

What a commie Rob Anders is.

You have an obsession... seek out help.

tarrantas
10-01-2009, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by D. Dub

Seriously?

Man........ stop drinking the Kool Aid.

+1

ZenOps
10-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Jlude

You have an obsession... seek out help.

Whut. I know for sure that Tibet is pure evil when its the only non-white group that Rob Anders actually supports. On the scale of oppressive regimes, Tibet is arguably far further on the extremist scale than Iran or Iraq ever was. That they happen to be pacifist (at this moment in history) does not change this fact.

On a side note: Not even the Pope could change the minds of the world when he made the announcement that "pollution" is a deadly sin (deadly being the unforgivable straight to hell type of sin)

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSL109602320080310

That the Lama has basically said the same thing - still hasn't change the general view of the population. I still see plenty of people driving cars.

TurboD
10-01-2009, 08:13 PM
awesome comment on that page

Interesting thoughts on the environment... For a guy that travels the world on a private jet. He must fuel it with karma.

thetransporter
10-01-2009, 08:58 PM

calgary is not part of the united states. we have our own freedom.

2Valve0
10-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Originally posted by TurboD
the Dalai Lama line of reincarnation is so retarded.

how do we verify that he is actually reincarnated?
we play fucking hide the ball and if he guesses the right cup he wins?

wtf.

superstitious people are really killing the world.

why not let everyone in the world take the test?
why not ask harder questions rather than just play simple games?

fraud, and hoax, dreamed up by delusional monks.

if you are really that desperate for insight, you really need to re-think how the world works.

sponsored by the U of C?
how can so many smart people be so out of touch with reality?

we're in a recession, lets take advice for someone that never had to lift a finger his whole life...

All he simply does is speak his mind and what he believes in? I don't understand how being in a recession has anything to do with this. Is he really going to come and tell us how to save money to get the new headers for our b16's or sr20 swaps? That isn't what this is about fool.

persiancarpet
10-01-2009, 09:12 PM
I think ZenOps is secretly in love with Rob Anders.

ZenOps
10-02-2009, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by persiancarpet
I think ZenOps is secretly in love with Rob Anders.

Its more a beauty of his purity of hatred, sort of a Manson type without the Jong-Il type psychosis. Rob Anders is how I imagine Stalin was back in the day.

He supports oppressive regimes (like Apartheid) and Lama control of Tibet without shame. Its fascinating - like watching a crocodile tear apart a living being. The man is just glowing with pride (the other deadly straight to hell sin) and yet he seems completely oblivious to the damage he is doing to others and himself.

I don't have a single record of him actually building anything. What a life lol.

Back on Topic: China invading Tibet was no more right than the US invading Iraq. Each was done in the name of ousting an oppressive regime. In the end though, The generalized Tibetan is pretty much better off under Chinese rule (they now have running water and electricity) while Iraq is somewhat more questionable.

"In almost every list Pride (Latin, superbia), or hubris, is considered the original and most serious of the seven deadly sins, and indeed the ultimate source from which the others arise." Charles Manson knew he was going to hell - does Rob Anders?

Pollywog
10-02-2009, 07:55 AM
You are all titled to your own thoughts and opinions...but let's dicuss them in a rational, and adult manner...

What I find funny about this, is that religion is far from a rational concept to begin with. You can't talk about invisible sky monsters, talking snakes or spread sea's without reminding most of us of kids stories. When people accept and live their lives by these ridiculous ficiticious religions, it becomes obvious that at any moment they can switch rational thought "on" or "off" whenever they please. So, in my opinion it really doesn't matter WHAT one says in here, its not going to change these drones lives. Fuck religion, as well as all of the ignorant people who picked one of the thousands of other religions and is telling ME it's right.

3g4u
10-02-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by Pollywog
Fuck religion, as well as all of the ignorant people who picked one of the thousands of other religions and is telling ME it's right.

As opposed to you preaching over and over that it is wrong. Do you not see how stupid you sound preaching to the preachers. Whats next, you gonna come to my house on sunday and tell me not to believe in god, with some little packet of information and a friendly handshake? Sound familiar?

Pollywog
10-02-2009, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by 3g4u

As opposed to you preaching over and over that it is wrong. Do you not see how stupid you sound preaching to the preachers. Whats next, you gonna come to my house on sunday and tell me not to believe in god, with some little packet of information and a friendly handshake? Sound familiar?

Completely different.

From your point of view, I am pretty much advocating "join my atheist religion, its the best religion" to everyone. Rather from my point of view, I am merely telling a bunch of adults that Santa Clause isn't real, and that this rational, factual and conclusive point of view is the ONLY logical answer - no one knows, and there is no proof of god.

Sorry to kick out your christian comfort crutch. Do you believe in talking snakes too? How about Jack and the Beanstalk?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able?
Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing?
Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing?
Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing?
Then why call him God.

~Epicurus

3g4u
10-02-2009, 10:39 AM

Completely different.

From your point of view, I am pretty much advocating "join my atheist religion, its the best religion" to everyone. Rather from my point of view, I am merely telling a bunch of adults that Santa Clause isn't real, and that this rational, factual and conclusive point of view is the ONLY logical answer - no one knows, and there is no proof of god.

Sorry to kick out your christian comfort crutch. Do you believe in talking snakes too? How about Jack and the Beanstalk?

So if you are not pushing atheism on people, what are you trying to accomplish in your preachings besides trying to stir shit up and offend people of every faith?

Want to prove your point in a less offensive way? Next time Xmas vacations come around, opt to work the week, this will show all the dumb adults that you do not believe in Santa or christian hollidays and make a stand on religion.

Same goes for everybody who belives in Happy Holidays as opposed to merry xmas.

Why do you care so much what other people believe in? Does it affect you directly? Is me praying before bed any of your fucking business at all? I would say NOT, so maby you should start relflecting of your own insecurities before working on the rest of ours.

VWEvo
10-02-2009, 11:16 AM

Why do you care so much what other people believe in? Does it affect you directly? Is me praying before bed any of your fucking business at all? I would say NOT, so maby you should start relflecting of your own insecurities before working on the rest of ours.

:thumbsup: :werd:

Pollywog
10-02-2009, 12:12 PM
Why do you care so much what other people believe in? Does it affect you directly?
Moron. Of course it affects me directly. Everyday life is constantly bombarded by customs and politically correct ethics surrounding religion - Footbaths anyone? Or how about the Judeo-Christian overtones that riddle our laws and education system? In fact, it is commonly discussed that one of the main things that is holding us back from advancing as a human race is our ignorant attachment to create a reason for our being, or to follow certain religious beliefs.

Is me praying before bed any of your fucking business at all? Not at all. However, I do find it quite pathetic when I hear about it, knowing that perhaps some of my fellow colleagues or friends take part in the same insane pastime.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/jesus.jpg

3g4u
10-02-2009, 12:45 PM

Moron. Of course it affects me directly. Everyday life is constantly bombarded by customs and politically correct ethics surrounding religion - Footbaths anyone? Or how about the Judeo-Christian overtones that riddle our laws and education system? In fact, it is commonly discussed that one of the main things that is holding us back from advancing as a human race is our ignorant attachment to create a reason for our being, or to follow certain religious beliefs.
Not at all. However, I do find it quite pathetic when I hear about it, knowing that perhaps some of my fellow colleagues or friends take part in the same insane pastime.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c59/handsomebassman/jesus.jpg

Well i find it pathetic that you have the need to ridicule others beliefs to further your self righteous warped ego.

You have proven once again that you are just trying to stir shit up in an offensive manor while hiding behind a keyboard. You must be so proud of yourself.

Pollywog
10-02-2009, 12:51 PM
You have proven once again that you are just trying to stir shit up in an offensive manor while hiding behind a keyboard. You must be so proud of yourself.

You'd find me fairly outspoken in person. The reason I pick on religion's in general is purely for the fact that I find them goofy and disabling by nature. It's like being proactive about the prevention of drug abuse - I am just trying to save all of the fragile minds before they get assimilated.

Pray to your invisible ruler by your bedside all you want. Just don't tell everyone and expect not to be ridiculed by some.:dunno:

http://photos-f.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs114.snc1/5143_229670110384_576620384_7313021_5112059_n.jpg

Sugarphreak
10-02-2009, 03:03 PM

blink1
10-02-2009, 05:48 PM
^ Word. His response to the Oilsands question was absurd.

His overall message is real cute though.

ZenOps
10-03-2009, 07:33 AM
Yeah. The whole Lama system definitely has its drawbacks.

Tibet is arguably the least developed of all Asian nations - Long before China invaded it. The culture is based on "spritual enlightenment" at the cost of nearly everything else - including social and economic development. There is no "Law" in Tibet, nor is there any real use of currency - they have a difficult enough time entering the industrial age and seem to have a populace that was forced to not enter the industrial age by their leaders.

Its a prime example of Religious extremism (albeit passive)

IMO, I liken the Lama to "Jim Jones" more than some holy prophet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Jones

The celebrities that flock around him - are probably just trying to gain an edge/insight into his childhood. After all - since the right of sucession of the Lama is not based on blood, but chosen from a knowledge of the previous Lama's affectations - Techncially, anyone with enough knowledge of his past could become the next "Emperor Lama" ruler of Tibet, even a white person.