PDA

View Full Version : Minibrute drift truck

Pages : 1 [2]

SR240SX
10-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by CivicTunr

Im curious how much power you have? because i dyno'd at 247whp (low power for the setup but i know the reasoning behind it) and i still have the stock brakes, and they have served me well in every aspect, be it a 1/4 pass, to a drift event.

Not sure, Never been dynoed..But I know that my stock S13 brakes would heat up so fast that after a few hard stops it felt like nothing was there...took forever to come to a complete stop.

The TT Z32's im running now make a world of difference, Why do you guys not understand that bigger brakes are BETTER...

A KA s13 comes with the brakes it has for a reason, They didnt need to supply the car with huge brakes because of the power it makes stock.

Ecchry your Skyline comes with 4 pots, Why do you think that is? Why didnt they just put the S13 brakes on your car?

Why do TT Z32's have bigger brakes then N/A Z32's?

Its common sense here guys.....

CivicTunr
10-27-2009, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by SR240SX

Not sure, Never been dynoed..But I know that my stock S13 brakes would heat up so fast that after a few hard stops it felt like nothing was there...took forever to come to a complete stop.

The TT Z32's im running now make a world of difference, Why do you guys not understand that bigger brakes are BETTER...

A KA s13 comes with the brakes it has for a reason, They didnt need to supply the car with huge brakes because of the power it makes stock.

Ecchry your Skyline comes with 4 pots, Why do you think that is? Why didnt they just put the S13 brakes on your car?

Why do TT Z32's have bigger brakes then N/A Z32's?

Its common sense here guys.....

I know brakes are common sense, i was just wondering what you put down. and i drive a silvia, so it has upgraded brakes over the USDM s13.

I have had TT Z32 brakes, brakes will be the next upgrade if i decide to hot lap my car.

sr20s14zenki
10-27-2009, 07:49 PM
Power has NOTHING to do with brakes. Its speed. More power will get you up to speed quicker, so, you need to get back down just as fast, otherwise you get in trouble. Small brakes heat up under demand, thats all there is to it, proven, case closed.

BoneDance
10-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
Power has NOTHING to do with brakes. Its speed. More power will get you up to speed quicker, so, you need to get back down just as fast, otherwise you get in trouble. Small brakes heat up under demand, thats all there is to it, proven, case closed.

rethink your ink
your contradicting yourself

Redlyne_mr2
10-27-2009, 08:27 PM
I wouldnt worry about the brakes to much on this. Very light vehicle that I don't imagine will see any super highspeeds.

sr20s14zenki
10-27-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally posted by BoneDance

rethink your ink
your contradicting yourself

Thanks tips. Are you still hanging around here, figured you would be banned by now.

What i mean, is that it all depends on what you are doing with that horsepower. If you are using that horsepower to do high speed runs, or go around a roadcourse, you NEED good brakes. If you are going to be doing low speed drifting, beginner shit, not going fast, etc, brakes are a bit lower on the spectrum of necessities. So, in closing, just because you make 350 horsepower, doesnt mean you do or dont need brakes, its all about the application. Myself, i need brakes, the faster i was getting in the quarter, the worse my stock brakes got. With the z32 brakes, its night and day, in pedal feel, 100-0 times, and amount of fade/heat that i notice.

SR240SX
10-27-2009, 08:41 PM
[B]Power has NOTHING to do with brakes. Its speed.

This is what I was trying to get at....I guess my words didnt say it clear enough.

n1zm0
10-28-2009, 09:02 AM

this but even then you factor in the curb weight of the vehicle in use, a kei truck obviously like this does not carry the same momentum as a huge metal pig like a Z32 or an S13 even at high speed, i wouldnt see the direct need for Z32 calipers, the first thing to start deteriorating/failing imo would be the rubber hoses heating up and expanding causing lost pressure in the system, that said S13 OEM brakes and SS lines would do for this hijet/carry or w/e it is.

the day you need an extreme 4 piston caliper system would be the day you did high speed runs in this:

http://www.jetpower.co.uk/hijet/images/hijet16.jpg

SR240SX
10-28-2009, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by n1zm0

this but even then you factor in the curb weight of the vehicle in use, a kei truck obviously like this does not carry the same momentum as a huge metal pig like a Z32 or an S13 even at high speed, i wouldnt see the direct need for Z32 calipers, the first thing to start deteriorating/failing imo would be the rubber hoses heating up and expanding causing lost pressure in the system, that said S13 OEM brakes and SS lines would do for this hijet/carry or w/e it is.

the day you need an extreme 4 piston caliper system would be the day you did high speed runs in this:

http://www.jetpower.co.uk/hijet/images/hijet16.jpg

This whole deal wasnt about this truck needing big brakes, But Ecchry said that he dosent get why people say "oh no I'm making more power now I gotta upgrade my brakes" What we are trying to get at is, The more power you make, The faster you will Accel, Meaning the faster youre going to have to stop.

ercchry
10-28-2009, 02:35 PM

The faster you will Accel, Meaning the faster youre going to have to stop.

false.... which brings me back around to why you piss me off... speed =/ acceleration

0-60 in 4.6 or 9.8 does not make a difference for 60-0

gretz
10-28-2009, 02:48 PM

The more power you make, The faster you can go in less time, Meaning the faster youre going to have to stop.

fixed

ercchry
10-28-2009, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by gretz

fixed

unless the gearing in said car is limiting you to the same maximum speed...

but really if you were building a car to travel extremly fast... you would have the tires to handle the increased braking force as well ;)

but who would travel that fast on the street besides mr. speed racer sr240sx? who knows

sr20s14zenki
10-28-2009, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by ercchry

unless the gearing in said car is limiting you to the same maximum speed...

but really if you were building a car to travel extremly fast... you would have the tires to handle the increased braking force as well ;)

but who would travel that fast on the street besides mr. speed racer sr240sx? who knows

Eric, you have good brakes so you dont understand. Your 4 pots are more than enuff for your car, especially with the reduction in weight you have done. We are talking mostly about the fact that the factory size brakes on a 240sx are just enough, if not undersized for their application. Me and jason are talking about how the stock brakes tend to heat up and fade, and just start acting poopy after a bit of hard braking. The bigger your rotors, pads, and calipers are, the less heat there is being generated because its being spread over a larger surface area. Any way you look at it, bigger brakes are better, they arent NECISSARY, but no matter what they are better. Why do you think the 300zx has bigger brakes than a 240sx, its because more mass is harder to stop, which would mean more friction would be required to stop the car, with more friction comes more heat, therefore, upsize the rotors, calipers, and pads, and there is less heat under braking. Therefore, slowing a lighter car down with brakes intended for a bigger car=win

Im not saying they will be necissary in this particular setting, but you, eric, havent pushed your brakes to their limit yet, which must mean that they are adequate for what you are doing. But you going and lets say theoretically doing a 250 km/hr run and then hitting your brakes, would be like me doing 200 km an hour and hitting my stock s14 brakes, you would most likely see the same effect, instant heat up, fade, and almost complete loss of braking. On a roadcourse, you would be constantly on and off your brakes, trailbraking before the corners, hitting the corner, and mashing it on the way out, and on the straights, you would want to go as fast as you could in your car, and then you would mash your brakes as close to the corner as you could. Well, lets see you do that with stock 1 piston calipers, it aint gonna happen, and your laptimes would be severly reduced due to having to slow down too soon before the corner. So, again, its application, but any way you look at it, if you find you are pushing your brakes to the limit, its time to upgrade, and theres no harm in just upgrading anyways, bigger, is better (=

ercchry
10-28-2009, 05:16 PM
but evan, this is completely straying from the original argument, and you must remember all i said is same weight, same speed, same braking force... which is correct, not once did i mention performance driving conditions.... but on that point i do agree with you. i have owned may cars and i have always found that my brakes have surpassed my tires though... if this was to be a road race car... er truck? it would need a hell of a lot more then just a big engine and big brakes, it would need some serious suspension engineered and sticky tires... but again none of that is NEEDED to just go out and drive it to work or the grocery store

sr20s14zenki
10-28-2009, 05:21 PM
but evan, this is completely straying from the original argument, and you must remember all i said is same weight, same speed, same braking force... which is correct, not once did i mention performance driving conditions.... but on that point i do agree with you. i have owned may cars and i have always found that my brakes have surpassed my tires though... if this was to be a road race car... er truck? it would need a hell of a lot more then just a big engine and big brakes, it would need some serious suspension engineered and sticky tires... but again none of that is NEEDED to just go out and drive it to work or the grocery store

i must have just misunderstood what you are saying...this is very vague

i just have never understood this whole... oh noes i haz more power this means i need to stop fast!

what does that have to do with braking? do you stay on the gas when braking or something?

i must have just taken it the wrong way, it looks to ME like you are saying generally, that upgrading your brakes when you have more power is a stupid idea.....you didnt mean that correct? Im not trying to be a dink, i just want to make sure we are on the same page here haha. Really its quite trivial. you do what you want to your car, to your preferances, and i will do what i want to my car pretty much .

ercchry
10-28-2009, 05:27 PM
ya no, not stupid... come on... you know me a little better then that haha...

EDIT: and yes, it is very vague without that last sentence :rofl:

typhoonslippery
11-19-2009, 12:10 PM
Originally posted by CivicTunr

I know brakes are common sense, i was just wondering what you put down. and i drive a silvia, so it has upgraded brakes over the USDM s13.

ca18 S13 brakes are smaller than ka24 240sx brakes so it doesn't go without saying

CivicTunr
11-19-2009, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by typhoonslippery

ca18 S13 brakes are smaller than ka24 240sx brakes so it doesn't go without saying

Sr20 silvia is bigger then both, it uses altima/maxima combo.

ekguy
11-19-2009, 12:50 PM
Is this actually happening?? Any updates?

projekz
11-19-2009, 03:32 PM
^^ What he said

JfuckinC
11-19-2009, 03:35 PM
ya stop having a douche bag convo in the build thread you formula 1 engineers
i wanna see a drift mini truck lol

Clark-Kent
02-03-2010, 01:48 PM
So wut happened with this thing?? did it ever work out?

ekguy
02-03-2010, 02:45 PM
probably didn't happen. Lot's of dreamers on here.

Scope951
02-04-2010, 12:43 PM
I believe it is still being worked on.

Just less posting because of all the haters

gretz
02-04-2010, 12:53 PM
need some updates.

I have the emblems made up for this, but im not shipping them until there is some shown progress...

ekguy
02-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Maybe there would be less haters if actual updates were posted.