PDA

View Full Version : Stiff neck

Cooked Rice
09-30-2009, 11:21 AM
About a week ago, my upper shoulders/neck were starting to feel sore/stiff. I thought it was just from working out at the gym. It wasn't till probably sat. when I started waking up with a really bad stiff/painful neck. Since then it's been like that every morning. Stiffness/pain is the worst right when I wake up, but its still there the whole day. It seems to only be on the right/back side this morning vs both sides. anyone have anything similar happen to them?

JfuckinC
09-30-2009, 11:22 AM
All the time, sometimes i have to swivel at my hips to look over my right shoulder. Sucks balllsss :nut:

wardpr68
09-30-2009, 11:35 AM
Happened to me tons of times. If you believe in chiropractors... go see one.

Nusc
09-30-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68

No don't.

You need to stretch your neck in the shower. Rotate it if you can, slowly. Look on youtube for cervical strain.

Do you sleep with a pillow?

I had the same problem from doing excess lateral pull downs.

Cooked Rice
09-30-2009, 01:42 PM
yes i use a pillow.

i guess i'll give it another day before seeing a doctor or something. whats a good walk in clinic around town? i've never been to a doctor here before.

ercchry
09-30-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
yes i use a pillow.

i guess i'll give it another day before seeing a doctor or something. whats a good walk in clinic around town? i've never been to a doctor here before.

sounds like whiplash... physio or massage... no ray not that kind of massage :D

Cooked Rice
09-30-2009, 01:51 PM
i didnt get whiplash, aha. i'm pretty sure it was something i did at the gym. i started doing pushing/pulling supersets and some new exercises at the gym, and i think that may have set my neck off.

bulaian
09-30-2009, 01:54 PM
Originally posted by wardpr68

:werd:

Happens to me every now and then, usually after a heavy chest workout. For me, it was a rib that would sometimes get locked in place and it hurt like hell to turn my head to the right side. After going to the chiropractor I was fine again

ercchry
09-30-2009, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by Cooked Rice
i didnt get whiplash, aha. i'm pretty sure it was something i did at the gym. i started doing pushing/pulling supersets and some new exercises at the gym, and i think that may have set my neck off.

whiplash is just soft tissue damage... so yeah same idea

calgarygts
09-30-2009, 02:04 PM
stop giving so many bj's.

Joking aside, don't take advice from a bunch of guys on a forum - go see a physio about it and get it diagnosed correctly. Yes, I realize that is advice from a guy on a forum.

Davetronz
09-30-2009, 03:29 PM
I've had the exact same thing for the last week and a half since I got back to Calgary after a week of sleeping on hotel beds.

I was hoping that it would go away on it's own but it looks like it's time to book a massage / chiropractor appt.

dandia89
09-30-2009, 05:26 PM
usually from lat pulldowns for me. just make sure when you're working out that you arent moving your neck around and your dominant hand isn't doing all the work

xxxazntigerxx
10-01-2009, 10:12 PM
i crack my neck all day and it hurts what does that mean

Cooked Rice
10-01-2009, 10:49 PM
i think its starting to get better, but for a physiotherapist who is a good one to go to? also does alberta health pay for it?