Calgary, Alberta
T3R 0A1
403-275-8992

Ambiance: 4/5
Service: 2.5/5
Food: 3/5
Value: 2/5
Overall: 3/5*

Went to Xan with a few friends yesterday.

first off its pretty nice inside. All new and everything.
Concept I believe its like Mongolie Grill (ive never been though)

What happens is you start off with a red bowl than you go and put food in your bowl, the chefs weigh it, cook it for you and bring it to your table.

concept is pretty cool i suppose lotsa choices, everything seemed fresh. Cept the pork tasted a little funny (probably old)

Service...was kinda stupid. Waited a little bit before we even knew what to do as the menu they gave us had no explanation of what to do. It only had apps, drinks and desserts. Finally our server came, ordered our drinks and ran over what was suppose to happen. Drinks came out and we got the quality check. My drink had to be refilled by some other server as our server was just sitting there at the bar.

Food...it was alright...nothing that great. Typical geared toward the western culture. Plus side there was complimentary wraps and rice, we had to ask for lotsa rice.

Price....little expensive 87 for three people for what kinda food it was. We ordered three pops and three whatever bowl things. Rather would have gone to edo for the same shit

ill probably never go back

samo147
10-01-2009, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by GQBalla

ill probably never go back

same here...

we ate there about a month ago. the food was very pricey for what you get. all our food tasted so bland you have to add lots of sauce

they apparently add water while its cooking to steam your veggies. so its no wonder why the food has no flavor after they cook it

GQBalla
10-01-2009, 07:21 PM
werd, i loaded on the hot sauce

and i had to add soya sauce to it....and i RARELY add soya sauce to my food