PDA

View Full Version : Knee Problem

dimi
10-01-2009, 07:59 PM
I've had this issue for about a year now. I bailed a few times really hard while snowboarding and stretched my knees backwards so I think that's where I think it originated.

Basically when I work on my right leg really hard (snowboarding, squats, lunges, any weights...) or even solid stretches, the back of my knee stiffens up and I have a hard time straightening my leg out. When I stretch on the ground for instance I can grab my left shoe with my left hand but I can barely touch my right shoe w/ right hand. When I squat everything feels great and I can push myself, but when I finish the set i can barely walk because something in the back of my right knee gets really stiff. On the other hand my left knee is perfectly loose.

I do static stretches as well as some dynamic ones before and after my leg workouts. I guess I should do them everyday and all muscle groups.

I've also heard of that bulletproof knees program. Is that any good? I tore some ligaments in my shoulder last year and don't want to experience that ever again in any part of my body so I'm making sure I am ready for this season.

Anyone have this happen to them? Any suggestions to decrease this issue and increase the flexibility in my knee?

scboss
10-01-2009, 10:12 PM
If you are lifting heavy lay off the weight for a while, do plyometrics it might help. See a doctor tho there might already be damage

88CRX
10-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Go to physio.

Knee injuries suck big time. I sprained my MCL last year playing hockey and I wouldn't wish knee injuries on my worst enemy.

craigcd
10-02-2009, 07:26 AM
Could be ACL related- like others suggested I would go to Physio get a routine and then go back from time to time. Dont wast to much money on physio. I am working on rehabing a torn ACL so i can get reconstruction surgery it is brutal nothing like waiting a year with a crapped out knee for sugery then rehabbing for 4-6 months after surgery. Take care of it now or it may come back to haunt you.

dimi
10-02-2009, 11:50 AM
Here is what seems like a good article.

http://www.mikedemeter.com/articles/Bullet%20Proof%20Knees.pdf