PDA

View Full Version : Annoying Drivers

jxi
10-02-2009, 11:35 AM
Alright people. Why do you stop when the light turns yellow? Yellow means go ahead and even when it's red, you still have a few seconds to go. Why jam on the breaks and make me do the same? And then floor it in your hyundai elantra and think you could avoid a passin?

Speeding. I'm not one for going too fast, but if you're going less than 120km/h on the highway then you might as well be walking. Unless there's a snowplow ahead of me bumper, then I shouldn't have to sit behind you fckers for any period of time.

Signal Lights. We have them for a reason. I often trick people about to pass me by turning my left signal light on and then turning right. heheheh. But anyway you should avoid using your signal light as often as possible that way if you get hit when I pass you it'll be your fault.

scat19
10-02-2009, 11:36 AM
Hate to rain on your parade, but yellow means stop.

And yet another troll on here? :zzz:

persiancarpet
10-02-2009, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by scat19
Hate to rain on your parade, but yellow means stop.

Yellow means slow down (or gun it if safe) :facepalm:

bourge73
10-02-2009, 11:37 AM
like to add if your at or under the speedlimit stay the F out of the left lane drives me crazy

freshprince1
10-02-2009, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by jxi
Alright people. Why do you stop when the light turns yellow? Yellow means go ahead and even when it's red, you still have a few seconds to go. Why jam on the breaks and make me do the same? And then floor it in your hyundai elantra and think you could avoid a passin?

Speeding. I'm not one for going too fast, but if you're going less than 120km/h on the highway then you might as well be walking. Unless there's a snowplow ahead of me bumper, then I shouldn't have to sit behind you fckers for any period of time.

Signal Lights. We have them for a reason. I often trick people about to pass me by turning my left signal light on and then turning right. heheheh. But anyway you should avoid using your signal light as often as possible that way if you get hit when I pass you it'll be your fault.

Hello, Evil Lancer?

ClearBluewater
10-02-2009, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by freshprince1

Hello, Evil Lancer?

:rofl:

GQBalla
10-02-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by jxi

lol

WAHHH

scat19
10-02-2009, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by persiancarpet

Yellow means slow down (or gun it if safe) :facepalm:

Slow down? :facepalm: Slow down for what? The red. So your stopping.

You're the third person in the last two months to follow my posts around. Fuck, it's like a fan club. :bigpimp:

Pollywog
10-02-2009, 11:55 AM
Originally posted by jxi

It is obvious you are from Ontario. We aren't like "you people", we have concepts like respect and courtesy here.

tarrantas
10-02-2009, 11:59 AM
Yellow definitely means slow down....to come to a stop. I used to gun it through yellows too until some lady in front of me SLAMMED on the brakes resulting in well in short a new front end of my car. Now I always stop, not worth the chance that the person will keep going. :dunno:

Kennyredline
10-02-2009, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by tarrantas
Yellow definitely means slow down....to come to a stop. I used to gun it through yellows too until some lady in front of me SLAMMED on the brakes resulting in well in short a new front end of my car. Now I always stop, not worth the chance that the person will keep going. :dunno:
WRONG.
The yellow light has nothing to do with changing your speed. As you approach a green light, pick a point of no return that if the light turns yellow, and you are not at that point yet, you stop for the light...if you are past it, you keep going at the same speed. Part of the decision-maiking process is how close the person behind you is.

jxi
10-02-2009, 12:17 PM
Why are you so bitter with ontario people, just because nobody cares about any of the other provinces? Except for quebec of course...

snoop101
10-02-2009, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by Pollywog

It is obvious you are from Ontario. We aren't like "you people", we have concepts like respect and courtesy here.

Where the hell do you drive????? Calgary has some of the most disrespectfull and uncourtious drivers I seen.

adam c
10-02-2009, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by snoop101

Where the hell do you drive????? Calgary has some of the most disrespectfull and uncourtious drivers I seen.
+1

scat19
10-02-2009, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by Kennyredline

WRONG.
The yellow light has nothing to do with changing your speed. As you approach a green light, pick a point of no return that if the light turns yellow, and you are not at that point yet, you stop for the light...if you are past it, you keep going at the same speed. Part of the decision-maiking process is how close the person behind you is.

Just spoke to a colleague who was an RCMP dispatcher for a number of years, he said yellow means stop.... Sure, there are "if safe and all that", but as far as cops are concerned.

snoop101
10-02-2009, 12:43 PM

WRONG.

Im pretty sure this is how your taught when taking your test, but then again I got mine back in the day when it took 30 days to get your license.

Pollywog
10-02-2009, 12:59 PM

Cmon man, I'm just trying to make the idiot feel bad. Of course I know we suck more.

snoop101
10-02-2009, 01:12 PM
Kinda funny because I came from BC and growing up i thought we had some crappy drivers.

Then we moved here and realized that are drivers are amazing compared to here. Its not that people drive fast or slow here, but its the obviouse things that really piss me off.

Example would be people that actually stop in a merge lane and the other side of that is people who dont let other merge in from a merge lane and I do believe you can get a ticket for not letting someone merge.

Calgary is a very light happy city and people still have troubles. In Van theres a lot and i mean a lot of area that if you want to get out onto the main road you better be quick about it because there is no light.

adam c
10-02-2009, 01:43 PM
Kinda funny because I came from BC and growing up i thought we had some crappy drivers.

Then we moved here and realized that are drivers are amazing compared to here. Its not that people drive fast or slow here, but its the obviouse things that really piss me off.

Example would be people that actually stop in a merge lane and the other side of that is people who dont let other merge in from a merge lane and I do believe you can get a ticket for not letting someone merge.

Calgary is a very light happy city and people still have troubles. In Van theres a lot and i mean a lot of area that if you want to get out onto the main road you better be quick about it because there is no light.

yes you can, someone wouldn't let me merge and i almost ran into the barriers, came very close to the end, whenever i would adjust my speed he would do the same. luckily there was a cop behind him watching and then pulled his old ass over

gretz
10-02-2009, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by scat19

Just spoke to a colleague who was an RCMP dispatcher for a number of years, he said yellow means stop.... Sure, there are "if safe and all that", but as far as cops are concerned.

this...
not stopping for a yellow is also a ticket

Tomaz
10-02-2009, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by gretz

this...

Yup, got that ticket. Leanred my lesson after forking over $400 for that!

Yellow does mean stop and slow down.

happy that jxi character got banned. He actually made me angry just reading his ignorance.

snoop101
10-02-2009, 02:49 PM

this...

Thats actually not true. The police have to see that you actually stepped on it to go through the yellow. If you drive through the yellow at the speed limit and make it to the other side without it turning red then it is not a ticket. I went to court for this and the judge ruled in my favor.

beyond_ban
10-02-2009, 03:03 PM

Thats actually not true. The police have to see that you actually stepped on it to go through the yellow. If you drive through the yellow at the speed limit and make it to the other side without it turning red then it is not a ticket. I went to court for this and the judge ruled in my favor.

Me as well... As long as you are safely through the intersection before the light turns red, you are alright. I believe most lights in Calgary are on a 3-4 second yellow before red hits, but the yellows are lengthened/shortened accordingly depending on the speed limit of the road the length of the intersection.

Tomaz
10-02-2009, 03:07 PM
Ticket States:

Failure to stop for a yellow

Officers desresion I guess.

My drivers ed stated it as "Being able to safley stop for the red light. this does not mean slamming on brakes, but it also means for you not to "step on it" to make it through.

gretz
10-02-2009, 03:08 PM

No no, its true - its a ticket.... got thrown out in court as i was taking a left and hed to wait for the intersection to clear - dick cops...

bosuteye
10-05-2009, 09:49 AM
So if you are roughly 3 or 4 car lengths from the intersection, and you are going the speed limit.
Should you stop or go through?

beyond_ban
10-05-2009, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by bosuteye
So if you are roughly 3 or 4 car lengths from the intersection, and you are going the speed limit.
Should you stop or go through?

Depends on speed. If you are going 80, you are obviously not gonna jam the brakes on. If it is slow moving traffic and your going around 30, you should stop. It also depends on the person behind you. If they are on your ass, and you think that your stopping could cause a wreck, it is better to go through.

Pahnda
10-05-2009, 09:55 AM
The thing I hate the most (not because of severity but because I see it every day and it's just annoying to see it so often) as far as annoying drivers are people that change lanes without signalling and just dash into the lane. Man that pisses me off... are people worried about wear and tear on the bulbs and stalk or are they just too lazy and retarded to move a finger?

Sentry
10-05-2009, 11:22 AM

WRONG.
Yeah this is what I was taught.'

In winter my point of no return is made huge, cause if I have to stop there's no guarantee that I can stop or the guy behind me can stop in time. They don't salt roads up in Yellowknife so there's snow and ice on all the roads. I've borderline burned a lot of lights in winter. :rofl:

Kennyredline
10-05-2009, 01:48 PM

this...
This is stupid...if you're 10 feet from the intersection doing 50 km/hr when the light changes to yellow you're gonna stop in time??

snoop101
10-05-2009, 02:05 PM
On a side note. In Vancouver the only time people can turn at a light is when it turns yellow. So if the cops wanted to be dicks they could be out all day pulling people over, but Vancouver cops seem to be a lot different then Calgary cops. (IMO)