PDA

View Full Version : The OFFICIAL 09/10 Snowboard Season Thread

Boost Infested
10-02-2009, 04:12 PM
Whats new? board, boots, bindings, jacket, pants?

I can't wait for this season! :thumbsup:

lilmira
10-02-2009, 04:40 PM
I picked up a bunch of new gear, well last year's model, can't wait to test out my powder board and bindings with est system. Hopefully snow is good. Last year wasn't bad, for sure we had better seasons.

Kicking Horse here I come.

Still have yet been to Revy.

Spoons
10-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Damn it you stole my job. And you forgot to make it the official one. If your going to take my job, take it without failing.

I have an awesome setup this year, but I am NOT telling you.

Same shit as last year... ;)

jmil
10-05-2009, 04:00 PM
COP will be opening early this year

buh_buh
10-05-2009, 04:50 PM
Any dates for Sunshine or Louise?

Boost Infested
10-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by jmil
COP will be opening early this year

COP? get to the real mountains... :D

Sunshine has the countdown on their web page.

dino_martini
10-05-2009, 10:45 PM
I went down to The Source last week...fuck I shouldn't have done that :rofl:

I want to try out the 'skate banana' on the LTD/GNU boards so bad. But I have a perfectly good board.

Hopefully I will get out a few more times this season than the last two.

I haven't been to Louise since it changed owners, so I'm hoping it was change for the better. :thumbsup:

jmil
10-07-2009, 10:20 PM
The BTX is amazing

COP might open on Sunday

snoop101
10-09-2009, 12:12 PM
Hey guys I figured this would be the best place to post this. (and not the ski thread. lol)

I have a snowboard and boots from a friend back about 9-10 years ago. He lives in Van now and doesent want them anymore. I think the boots are male size 10.

If I post the make and model of the board and boots could someone tell me if there worth selling and how much I could probably get for them? My friend was smaller then me so I think its to small for myself. I always skied so have no idea bout snowboarding.

JfuckinC
10-09-2009, 12:16 PM
yeaa i got a skunk ape BTX last year, rode it a few times. So fuckin nice. I had a POW dream the other night, i woke up with the biggest smile lol....

Last Call, First Chair!

jdmXSI
10-09-2009, 04:33 PM
Castle oct 5/09 (http://www.skicastle.ca/staff_pic_day.cfm?autoPictureID=719)

I found this pic on thier daily photo and it makes me giddy everytime I see it!!!

sl888
10-13-2009, 06:39 AM
This is my 2nd second. Pretty pumped for it. Is it worth it to head out opening day/weekend or should I give it a few more weeks?

HyperZell
10-13-2009, 08:44 AM
First season - I have the bug bad! All new gear, none of it used. Can't wait to try it out!

jdmXSI
10-13-2009, 09:47 PM
If you have a super bad itch to get out, you can always go to COP since they opened yesterday!

DannyO
10-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by dino_martini
I went down to The Source last week...fuck I shouldn't have done that :rofl:

I want to try out the 'skate banana' on the LTD/GNU boards so bad. But I have a perfectly good board.

Hopefully I will get out a few more times this season than the last two.

I haven't been to Louise since it changed owners, so I'm hoping it was change for the better. :thumbsup:

Yea I made that mistake last year, stupid friends, only went there to look, came away with a Skate Banana and Burton P.1.1 bindings, the Skate banana is beyond awesome, can't believe the difference it made, makes carving soo much more fun than it already was, but do regret buying it now as they didn't have a widebody last year and this year they do, but hopefully I can get some ThirtyTwo Ultralights that I can fit my feet into so it doesn't overhang the board.

Only need the new boots for this season......and a new jacket......and new pants....ahh crap its gonna be a little expensive again.

Seriously pyched for this season, hope to get out more and also head south into the US to try out some of there resorts.

jdmXSI
10-13-2009, 11:02 PM
Anyone gonna go to Louise if they open on thier expected date of Nov 6/09?

Xamim
10-15-2009, 09:10 PM
2nd season for me, can't wait. I picked up all of my stuff last year, I just need new gloves and a facemask.

Do you guys have any good movie recommendations?

DannyO
10-15-2009, 10:13 PM
There last years videos, but I HIGHLY recommend "Picture This" and "Thats It, Thats All", footage and the way there done is really nice, music is great in Picture This.

cmodem
10-16-2009, 04:51 PM
Originally posted by Xamim
2nd season for me, can't wait. I picked up all of my stuff last year, I just need new gloves and a facemask.

Do you guys have any good movie recommendations?

Been following movies since i can't even remember lol. Some of the best ones from the last couple years:

pre 2007
Alterna Action Films - shrediquette
Standard Films - Paradox
Billabong - Kevolution

2007 (watchd about 12):
Alterna Action Films - In Transit
Mack Dawg - Follow Me Around
Standard Films - Draw The Line
Forum - That
Mellow Mood Productions - Snowbored

2008 (watched about 14) of them i thought best:
Absinthe - Optimistic
Standard Films - Catch the Vapors
Mack Dawg Productions - Picture This

2009 (saw 22)
Burton - It's Always Snowing
Mack Dawg Productions - Down With People
Stepchild - Downloaded
Actionhorse Films - Ponytale
Park City - I Ride Park City

2010 (10 and counting...)
Forum - Forever Forum
Alterna Action Films - Elektro
Standard Films - Black Winter

These are just my personal favourites of course you may of may not like them.

Still haven't seen a wicked chick snowboard team vid... except this year's vid by Jmill ent called "Stance" is alright.

Update (10/18/2009)
Just watched Elektro its d@mn sweet! Awesome camera work and sic music.
Black Winter opened super strong with Torstein and Xavier. But ending wasn't as strong. Had good music unlike it's trailer/teaser lol.

20incheyes
10-19-2009, 10:42 AM
IMO Neverland is the best movie from this year...
As for girls movies the Runaway films (La La Land my fav) from the past are good and YYCs own Leanne Pelosi was in charge.

Anyways this is clean....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-kE3jrq9Llc

A|pine
10-19-2009, 11:25 PM
Hey Guys - I need some advice help here,

My friend is building a box in his backyard - pretty stoked for this year. BTW I'm a castle fan 110%. I'm currently rocking a soloman and I think it's a little too stiff. I have had this board for 5-6 years now as I got it as a deal while as a poor student and it has lasted me a long time.

I'm looking for something with a little more flex as I'm getting into freestyle riding and hitting table tops and getting courage to do rails now. Anything in particular like brands I should maybe check out? I'm not too worried about pricing.

However, my price range preferable to be kept under 1000 for boots / bindings / board. - not sure if this is realistic. I know it sounds like a stretch if I get a whole new setup. I know, I'm surprised as long as I've snowboarded I never really thought too much into the equipment until last season. Realized that I think my board may be too long and isn't the best for powder runs (more so the groomed days)

Currently I am rocking a
- Soloman Sequence 162.5
- I'm 5''8 - 150 - 160 lbs
- Ride boots/bindings that are getting lots of wear / old.

dino_martini
10-19-2009, 11:32 PM
I don't know if it will be under $1000. But I would definitely check out the GNU Park Pickle if you can find one. I know the Source in Kensington had one like 3 or so weeks ago.

http://www.gnu.com/index.php/snowboards/park-pickle/

:drool:

But don't take my word for it. You could always just pop down to Mission or The Source and ask whats good. :)

A|pine
10-20-2009, 01:23 AM
I know board length is all preference, but do you think that my soloman is too long?

Hmmmm I guess I'll just check out the shops - do you guys / gals usually buy your stuff online or from Source or Mission?

mazdavirgin
10-20-2009, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by A|pine
I know board length is all preference, but do you think that my soloman is too long?

Hmmmm I guess I'll just check out the shops - do you guys / gals usually buy your stuff online or from Source or Mission?

It's too long for your weight and height if you intend to mostly ride park. Comparably I ride a board that is a little on the long side and it is a 161cm wide board now I am 6'4".

I like missions personally but the trick with that stuff is that you are going to a store were someone is being paid to sell you things. You are going to be sold things you likely don't really need. At the end of the day if you were danny kass and you had a 300$ 5150 board you would still be killing it compared to someone riding the latest new fangled flavour of the month by GNU.

PS: Don't buy a board that is above your ability level unless you really like catching your edges(Mostly to all the new kids who go out and buy a grand or more of gear then hate the sport because their boards sidecut keeps smashing their faces in...)

A|pine
10-20-2009, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin

It's too long for your weight and height if you intend to mostly ride park. Comparably I ride a board that is a little on the long side and it is a 161cm wide board now I am 6'4".

I like missions personally but the trick with that stuff is that you are going to a store were someone is being paid to sell you things. You are going to be sold things you likely don't really need. At the end of the day if you were danny kass and you had a 300$ 5150 board you would still be killing it compared to someone riding the latest new fangled flavour of the month by GNU.

PS: Don't buy a board that is above your ability level unless you really like catching your edges(Mostly to all the new kids who go out and buy a grand or more of gear then hate the sport because their boards sidecut keeps smashing their faces in...)

That's the thing, I've been snowboarding for a while now, I never put any thought to my setup until this year as I would like to take my recreation to another level. I can hit jumps, boxes and everything not quite the massive 6'' lips at lake louise from last year or a rainbow rail but am getting very passionate / enthusiastic for hitting the pow and the park.

Just looking at the board I bought (was a good deal, liked the graphics and just rolled with it for 5-7 years) and am wanting to make sure I get equipment that will allow me to push my limits.

Not looking for the latest flavour from GNU. Not worried about catching an edge, I'm pretty sure everyone in this thread has been there done that.

Again, thanks for the input much appreciated - just trying to say I was that guy who didn't think much about my equipment and rather just was out there for the fun of it but want to get a setup that'll help me really push my limits.

mazdavirgin
10-20-2009, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by A|pine
Again, thanks for the input much appreciated - just trying to say I was that guy who didn't think much about my equipment and rather just was out there for the fun of it but want to get a setup that'll help me really push my limits.

Buy something shorter and lighter if that is the case. Both of those things should help you with your rotations. Just make sure you don't buy something too soft if you want to focus more on jumps than you do on rails.

At the end of the day though I mean a board is a board. You are only going to see so much out of the hardware since typically it is the user limiting the capabilities of the equipment.

If you want to stick within your budget you may want to look at the ski sale or just replacing parts of your gear instead of all of it in one go...

20incheyes
10-21-2009, 10:41 AM
Alpine get a board with reverse camber (also known as rocker). Pros: Easier with presses, butters, deep powder and sketchy landings. Cons: Less stable at high speeds and slightly less pop on ollies.

Overall I have more fun on rocker boards and it's less work for the knees so you can charge harder all day. I've tested top end boards back to back b/w camber/rocker on the same runs and don't understand why there are still haters of the new tech. But if you see how many board companies out there have adopted the new stuff in their lines that says alot.

I suggest a Capita Horoscope 151 $440, Union bindings for around $300 and then get a nice set of boots and you'll be around $1100 for a setup that will really help you progress.

jjmac
10-21-2009, 11:08 AM
1st season for me, suggestions for newb gear and locations?

Mys73ri0
10-21-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally posted by 20incheyes
Alpine get a board with reverse camber (also known as rocker). Pros: Easier with presses, butters, deep powder and sketchy landings. Cons: Less stable at high speeds and slightly less pop on ollies.

Overall I have more fun on rocker boards and it's less work for the knees so you can charge harder all day. I've tested top end boards back to back b/w camber/rocker on the same runs and don't understand why there are still haters of the new tech. But if you see how many board companies out there have adopted the new stuff in their lines that says alot.

camber boards take some getting used to... if you're a backseat rider like lots of beginners/intermediates you'll find yourself washing out at cruising/high speeds easily. I think that is part of the reason why there's a lot of hate for them.

I know the new Lib boards with C2 or whatever they call it and Never Summer boards have double reverse camber which is supposed to help with the problem.

Also, I remember reading last year that Travis Rice doesn't ride a cambered board. I think it was a similar reason. Yes I know he's a pro and not many people ride like him, but if he's not riding cambered, is there a reason for casual riders to?

<edit> Nakiska is amazing for beginners and not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. http://www.2010skicard.com/index.aspx

20incheyes
10-22-2009, 12:00 AM
^^^^^

Don't let that post confuse everyone else, when Mys73 mentions camber above he means rocker or "reverse camber."

I rather washout as a new noob then catch an edge at high speed. You get use to rocker and IMHO I won't be going back. I was about to start riding a snowskate full-time but that idea may be on hold forever now.

As for TRice board, his off the rack public board has been reverse camber the last two years. I actually have one and have used it 15+ days. I have heard through industry folks TRice does have that exact same board in the old school camber concave, this is not confirmed but can see it being true.

Good deal at Nakiska for those learning

dimi
10-22-2009, 01:38 PM
That board is too long or you. I am 6'2 rocking and will be rocking a 155 in the park this year. It's a bit of a stretch for me, but boxes and rails will be easier.

In fact I have a board you might be interested in.

Ride DH 155, last year's model, never used. $340 and I'll even wax it! Very light board, compared to anything else I've used.

http://www.snowboardermag.com/features/best-of-test-ride-dh-aubry-d.jpg

Or I will be willing to trade for a 159-162 powder board in the same price range.
MUST BE: Twin, slightly stiffer, preferably new but I'll consider anything.

OR I might even consider buying a rockboard. Max $60, and should be capable of lasting 1 month.

dimi
10-22-2009, 01:41 PM
If you will be buying anything thought, come get a pass from UofC snowboard club. It's $5

5% off hardgoods, 10% off soft from Mission, and source is a sponsor too but I don't know their deals. You also get a free wax from missions.

A|pine
10-22-2009, 03:06 PM
That's a great deal - I'm a uni student too. Thanks for the heads up. Where can I pick up membership?

cityhunter2501
10-22-2009, 04:22 PM
are there any disadvantages with using a longer board?

I would say mine is an inch taller than my shoulders, but i can snowboard fine and I'm 5'9".

also have a 155cm board but don't have boots for it yet.

SOAB
10-22-2009, 04:55 PM
I have a pair of boots and a cheap beginner snowboard for sale here http://forums.beyond.ca/st/282127/fs-snowboard-and-boots/

i've been thinking about getting one of those new Lib boards this year.

Xamim
10-22-2009, 09:46 PM
I'm 6'2 and ride a 159.

Completely forgot about the snowboard club, I was going to join this year.

wes_v
10-22-2009, 10:11 PM
- K2 anagram board
- Ride LX bindings
- Sims sage boots
- Ripzone jacket
- Ripzone pants
- Oakley Splice goggles

van
10-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Can't wait to get out there and shred been waiting since May... hahaha...

van
10-24-2009, 12:17 PM
The 47th Annual Calgary New & Used Ski Sale runs Friday, Oct 23 to Sunday at Max Bell Arena.

This is your best chance to save on alpine and cross-country skis, snowboards, snowshoes and winter outerwear. Retail ski shops around town will offer last season's gear and clothing at 30 to 40 percent off and the public will fill the rest of the arena with gently used skis, snowboards and clothing.

Sale hours are Friday from 5 pmto 9pm, Saturday 11am to 5pm, and Sunday from 11am to 3pm.

Admission is $5 for anyone aged 17 or older. For more details, call 403.282.4122 or visit skisale.ca

EuroTrance
10-27-2009, 02:53 PM
Can't wait... I think we need more snowfalls. Its all icy, which blows when u fall =S

dino_martini
10-27-2009, 09:06 PM
I've got:

2007/2008 Burton Jeremy Jones
2007/2008 Burton EST Bindings
2007/2008 Thirty-Two Lashed boots

but since I've gone down to The Source...I sort of want to sell my shit and buy a GNU Danny Kass or Park Pickle.

Crymson
10-28-2009, 08:58 AM
Anybody got a decent 156 freestyle/park board for sale? Wanna hit COP now that it's open and my battleship of a 164 custom X wide isn't much fun there.

transmission
10-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Hey guys, I have a question about the Nakiska 20$ ski card.

You get a free day with each new card on dates before the 26th december and sometime after the beginning of april. Now my question is if the same person can buy new nakiska cards everytime they go before the 26th so that they can essentially get a lift ticket for 20$ or does Nakiska restrict its use (or have a way of detecting the same person using it multiple times)? I know you have to active the card online with your full name and what not so I was curious...

Xamim
10-29-2009, 01:33 PM
Has anyone hiked up to Sunshine before?

SOAB
10-29-2009, 02:11 PM
thats crazy. totally not worth it for me to hike that hill to save $60.

cmodem
11-02-2009, 04:59 PM
Has anyone hiked up to Sunshine before?

Last year some ppl talked to us after our day, and asked to use our receipt if we had paid cash.

Apparently, they had hiked up and once they tried to use a chairlift was slapped with trespassing tickets.

Originally posted by SOAB
thats crazy. totally not worth it for me to hike that hill to save $60.

LOL well some ppl don't. The idea isn't bad; hike to goats and take gondola from goats up. But that'd suck to be slapped with a trespassing ticket and not even get to ride haha.

jdmXSI
11-07-2009, 08:47 PM
Anyone been to Louise yet? How was it? I'm pretty stoked on going Sunday, it looks like a wee bit' of snow fell in the past day or so.

psi_klops
11-07-2009, 09:11 PM
^^Ya, has anyone been out yet? I really want to go tomorrow, but is it worth it with only 3 runs open?

jdmXSI
11-07-2009, 09:36 PM
Technically there are 3 runs are open, maybe they'll open some more and alittle hike has always proven to be worthy! My boss told me sunshine got 19cm today... Even if Louise got 1/2 that I would be happy!

jdmXSI
11-07-2009, 10:10 PM
This made up my mind, let's hope it reliable cause this is just SICK!!!

Louise 7 day snow report (http://www.j2ski.com/snow_forecast/Canada/Lake_Louise_snow.html)

sl888
11-07-2009, 10:56 PM
http://skibanff.com/conditions/snow_report.php
http://www.skilouise.com/conditions/snow-report.aspx

jdmXSI
11-08-2009, 05:56 PM
Went to Louise today and... Well for only having one run open it was ok, if you sneak under the ropes for some fresh snow, make sure ski patrol dosent catch you like they did me... None the less it was worth my $28!

psi_klops
11-08-2009, 06:11 PM
Agreed! Just got back. It was fun to get out!

ercchry
11-09-2009, 12:08 PM
1 day and 22 hours to go!

13cm past 24 hours, 76 past 5 days and more snow tomorrow!

broken_legs
11-10-2009, 09:38 PM
Hey Beyonders,

I was down at the Snowshow on the weekend. MY GF bought me an early Xmas gift....

New 2009 ROME Agent

Taxes in it was $300

I think thats a good deal, but i dont really know i haven't been 'in' to snowboarding for so long. AFAIK its a good board so im super stoked!

Just started riding again 2 year ago, looking forward to progressing a bit this year!

Anyone know of good deals for accomodations/lift tickets for new years???

Thanks!

psi_klops
11-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Lots on new snow at Lake Louise!! It was a great day!
Top of the World is now running along with Glacier express and tix are still $28.00 (w/ louise card...$38 w/o)

msommers
11-11-2009, 09:13 PM
Anyone out at Sunshine today??

jmil
11-12-2009, 11:37 PM
I was there yesterday and it was glorious

Boost Infested
11-22-2009, 08:07 PM
What a day at Lake Louise! Tons of snow in the tree runs... got lost a few times in the trees... Took us over an hour to get back out. :thumbsup:

strong
11-22-2009, 08:33 PM
I was at the Shine today and it was great. Hit back door three times and loved every minute of it. So much powder and they opened Goats Ass at 11am today so it made for a great day. Looking to get a new board as the season is full on now at Sunshine! :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Xamim
11-24-2009, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by strong
I was at the Shine today and it was great. Hit back door three times and loved every minute of it. So much powder and they opened Goats Ass at 11am today so it made for a great day. Looking to get a new board as the season is full on now at Sunshine! :thumbsup: :clap: :thumbsup:

Where is this back door I keep hearing about? I've only been to Sunshine a few times, so I don't know all their runs yet. Saw pictures in the ski thread, and looks like fun.

Chester
11-24-2009, 10:13 PM
ahhhhhh i wanna go sooo bad but I'm still waiting for my fuckin pants to come in the mail:whipped:

eb0i
11-25-2009, 10:37 AM
Originally posted by Chester
ahhhhhh i wanna go sooo bad but I'm still waiting for my fuckin pants to come in the mail:whipped:

Haha, me too! Ordered some sweet 686's online and just waiting now.

Looking to get a new board as well, been riding a 2006 Burton Clash, looking to get a Burton Custom V-rocker. Any thoughts on that board?

a social dsease
11-26-2009, 12:11 PM

Where is this back door I keep hearing about? I've only been to Sunshine a few times, so I don't know all their runs yet. Saw pictures in the ski thread, and looks like fun.

Go up Wawa, and when you get off the lift, go right. There is a backcountry access point a couple hundred meters down the green run. Go there.

trliniar
11-26-2009, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by eb0i

Haha, me too! Ordered some sweet 686's online and just waiting now.

Looking to get a new board as well, been riding a 2006 Burton Clash, looking to get a Burton Custom V-rocker. Any thoughts on that board?

Also wondering how this board compares to the K2 zeppelin? or the new K2 Slayblade that replaces it. All the readings say the boards stiff, with 3 V shaped torsion forks?? wondering how hard/fun this would be to ride, (ive been riding for about 7 yrs)

taemo
11-29-2009, 10:02 AM
wheres a good place to buy bindings?
the source, sportcheck, any where?

eb0i
11-30-2009, 08:56 PM
What are some good snowboarding movies this year?

Boost Infested
12-02-2009, 12:09 AM
Whos going to Kicking Horse this weekend? Opening weekend!

HaganDazs
12-02-2009, 06:41 PM
Delirium Dive is open at Sunshine now! I'll probably wait a week or two for snow to fill in more

I keep getting backdoor and sidedoor mixed up. Backdoor is the gate about hundred meters from the chair on the green run, and sidedoor is going under the fence once the green run starts to bend?

RoGZ
12-04-2009, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Boost Infested
Whos going to Kicking Horse this weekend? Opening weekend!

i was at the horse's opening weekend last weekend, if its anything like last years, grab a few coffee's and be prepared to chill in line

RoGZ
12-04-2009, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by taemo
wheres a good place to buy bindings?
the source, sportcheck, any where?

check ultd in banff and canmore, they have a super chill vibe, or mission, or sully's in airdrie or the nightmare mall in ballsack

SOAB
12-25-2009, 01:24 AM
my wife got me a Lib Tech TRS for xmas!! she fuggin rocks!!

so stoked to try out this board!

http://images.usoutdoorstore.com/usoutdoorstore/products/full/lib_tech_trs_bts_10.jpg

beyondpinoy
12-29-2009, 12:36 PM
i went to the sportmart boxing day sale and i picked up a k2 fuse board for over 1/2 off... i can't wait to try it out ...

has anyone gone to COP lately, im wondering if i should go check it out this sunday.

(note: im a totall noob when it comes to snowboarding, ive only gone twice in my life)

mazdavirgin
12-29-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by beyondpinoy
i went to the sportmart boxing day sale and i picked up a k2 fuse board for over 1/2 off... i can't wait to try it out ...

has anyone gone to COP lately, im wondering if i should go check it out this sunday.

(note: im a totall noob when it comes to snowboarding, ive only gone twice in my life)

COP is fine just stay out of the main terrain park... They are seeing enough injuries as it is with the large jumps. It's almost comical how many ambulances were called to COP over the weekend.

Dehvee
12-29-2009, 02:15 PM
Went to COP on Sunday and was stuck on the chairlift for an hour :banghead: :banghead:

But I got a four hour snow cheque pass and a free hot chocolate for the trouble.

harm21
01-03-2010, 04:07 AM
Hey snowboarders,

Anyone know where I can rent/demo lib tech or gnu boards? The only demo days I can find online are for US mountains.

I'm pretty sold on buying a skate banana but would like to give it a rip first.

Thanks in advance

SOAB
01-03-2010, 01:08 PM
don't even bother trying to demo first. just go buy it. haha!

just rode my TRS this weekend for the first time and i gotta say, it's the best board i've ever ridden.

Mys73ri0
02-21-2010, 01:00 AM
anyone know local shops that sell never summer or bataleon?

i know techno sport has bataleon but they don't have what i'm looking for...

a social dsease
02-21-2010, 03:47 PM
Went to Fernie over reading week. It feels like its April out there, full on spring time conditions :(

PLEASE LET IT SNOW!!

Diesel2005
02-23-2010, 09:54 PM
I hope I can get one more trip to Sunshine during March before the season ends. Please let it snow in the mountains :D

dimi
02-24-2010, 10:42 PM
Boys, if anyone is considering an epic snowboarding journey, hit up Revelstoke.

I have been snowboarding for about 6 years now, I average around 40 times a year for the last 3 years, and have had a Sunshine season pass for the last 3 (almost 4) years now. I just had the best snowboarding of my life during the reading break. Grizzly Bowl (North Bowl and then traverse all the way around into the next one) is just epic. The terrain is absolutely incredible. I don't have words to describe the snow, drops, natural features etc...

After this trip, Sunshine feels inadequate. The only thing I find myself doing is hiking far up Wild Side and the Wawa Ridge (up at the weather station) to try to replicate the conditions that I experienced.

As for the Libtech/Gnu boards, yeaaa they are nice and they do rip the snow well. BUT you see that edge that goes inside the board near the tips. One hard hit on that and say GG to your board. Why in the hell would you wrap an edge back inside the board...so many people have had problems with that. Not to mention the boards are thick as shit and pretty heavy. I would love to have a long/reverse camber one for deep powder. Other than that I don't see the point. Oh yea and $600+ for a Skate Banana or Park Pickle... yea I'll get two boards and some change for that.

Mys73ri0
03-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Originally posted by dimi
Other than that I don't see the point. Oh yea and $600+ for a Skate Banana or Park Pickle... yea I'll get two boards and some change for that.

bananas and pickles aren't 600+... just curious what board you ride at the moment?

Anyone been to Sunshine or Louise recently? How bad is it out there?

JohnnyBlaze
03-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Was at sunshine yesterday, it was ok. Needs snow though

sl888
03-09-2010, 11:35 AM
20cm at Sunshine
17 at Louise
:eek:

sullygully
03-13-2010, 02:42 AM
45cm kicking horse last 48 hours and still snowing.

lilmira
03-13-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by sullygully

Damn highway was closed due to accident, so choked! I could almost smell the powder.

Speed_69
03-13-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by sullygully
HOLY!! That wouldve been fricken awesome!!

Anyways how often does everybody here get their boards waxed? and where?
I'd rather take it somewhere to get waxed rather then doing it myself.
I've used my new board about 7 times this year and have yet to get it waxed.
Someone told me every 3-4 times before and someone else told me once a season which is about every 20 times.
:dunno:

sullygully
03-13-2010, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by lilmira

Damn highway was closed due to accident, so choked! I could almost smell the powder.

ARG! I know how you feel man. I was so dissapointed!

However, I turned around and ended up going to Sunshine, and did 3 runs in the Dive!(luckily i had my avy gear with me). It had been closed for the last few days, and they opend it up today at 11:45 with over a foot of new in there. It was epic! I"m so glad i was able to redeem myself! I was even getting face shots today! Aaaah, so tired now. lol

a social dsease
03-15-2010, 04:17 PM
Rode at Kicking Horse on friday. Soooooooo epic, 30+ cms of fresh untracked, every run until closing :D By far my best day of the season!

dimi
03-18-2010, 09:06 AM
I did the Dive last Sunday, and it was epic. I love the requirements for avalanche gear. Keeps most of the noobs away from scraping all the snow.

As for waxing, I do it every 2-3 outings. Sharpen/Detune your edges while you're at it. Makes a big difference IMO.

sorjai1988
03-29-2010, 02:28 AM
Anyone wanna pick up some tic for sunshine?
I bought them early this year but never got to use them :(
I have one mammot card and two all-day lift ticket to sunshine
150 take them all