PDA

View Full Version : 720hp and 680tq...

Freebs
10-02-2009, 07:17 PM
Well we finally got the Z06 back today. Just had some final tweeks done to the car to make sure it was running smoothly and make sure there was no knocking.. At first it was breaking loose on the dyno and needed the help of 4 sand bags

INFO:

2007 Z06

Engine - Lingenfelter 800hp Twin Turbo kit

Tranny/diff - ZR1 + (ZR1 tranny with some extra work)

1000hp axles

3,300lbs

91 octane, 10psi

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/9747/ttc6z06n.jpg

Run 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xjAvknd9oA

Run 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GKs8q2-bTQ4

Was looking forward to taking it to the track tonight but just saw that it was cancled. But if it stays clear for next friday I will try and get some videos and it should be at the track... Not expecting quick times at all with the bald tires that are still on it from the factory and the +5 - +10 degree weather.

I would love if I could get my Evo up to this kind of power to see how it pulls with AWD as this power is fun, but you can never use it all with the RWD (will light the tires up at 200km/hr)... but I dont see my MR ever seeing this power level ahah

2EFNFAST
10-02-2009, 07:20 PM
Boost is for cheaters ;)

Freebs
10-02-2009, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Boost is for cheaters ;)

lol na.. its for when you get bored of naturally aspirated.. 500 wasnt enough ahah.. just kidding.. The TT kit was installed with less than 1,000kms on the car so not sure what it was like..

ZMan2k2
10-02-2009, 07:29 PM
I'll trade ya straight up, my truck for the Vette.

I've babied my truck, it's like new.:nut:

911fever
10-03-2009, 09:23 AM
wow...

Tuner1
10-03-2009, 03:33 PM
Very impressive. Are those dyno numbers on 91 octane fuel or something better?

Where does Lingenfelter mount the intercooler(s)? Air-to-air or air-to-liquid?

Rob

RecoilS14
10-03-2009, 04:27 PM
I'll pay for a ride in that before the snow hits. seriously, if your down, pm me.

Freebs
10-03-2009, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by Tuner1
Very impressive. Are those dyno numbers on 91 octane fuel or something better?
Where does Lingenfelter mount the intercooler(s)? Air-to-air or air-to-liquid?
Rob

There was 94 in the tank but we had DavenPort back off on the timing and a few other tweaks so that 91 could be run safely, because this car is used for summer road trips where 94 is not always available. Initially with the 94 tune I believe my old man said it was making 760whp (I missed the first few pulls so I am not 100% sure) But it was lighting the tires up on the dyno and needed some sand bag assistance.
There are two front mount air to air intercoolers, but they are 4” thick I believe and are causing some issues with the radiator and being able to cool the engine down. Lingenfelter was going to put an aftermarket radiator in it this past summer when it was at their shop but said the one they had wouldn’t fit, and it is not a major issue as the only time it really overheated was when we were driving home from Indiana and got stuck in the middle of Chicago rush hour on a Friday. We have found one that will fit with a better fan, so that will be next summer’s project. As well as an alcohol injection kit to help keep things even cooler. If we maxed out what the intercoolers/fuel set up could handle with 94, I am sure it would make about 800whp (with alky) but the engine build is the same as Lingenfelters 1,200hp set up, we would just need to upgrade to larger injectors, intercoolers and turbos

Originally posted by RecoilS14
I'll pay for a ride in that before the snow hits. seriously, if your down, pm me.

lol well I don’t think I will have it out again this year with the way the weather is. My old man might have it out thought, and he was talking about bringing it to the track this Friday if it’s open but after that it’s back to the storage for it. Because even with +30 degree weather it can still be tricky drive hard, but with this 0 to +10 degree weather it makes it impossible to hook up and show you the power, it just feels like any average RWD car in the winter lol

94boosted
10-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Wow that's a shit ton of power.

Freebs
10-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Especially when the car is only 3,300lbs (stock was 3,150 I think)

When I get back into my Evo, it feels like I am driving a civic.. nothing against civic's I am just saying as an example of a lower hp car

jdmXSI
10-03-2009, 07:07 PM
Those are some really impresive numbers! I'd personally be happy with +/- 350awhp... For a while anyways...:D

Freebs
10-03-2009, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by jdmXSI
Those are some really impresive numbers! I'd personally be happy with +/- 350awhp... For a while anyways...:D

Yea thats the bad part about it.. you get use to it... I use to think 300-350whp was lots.. than I got use to it.. then I got use to driving a 400whp car.. now its this one... we have one more car in the making that will be around 700whp in a few weeks.. so two 700+hp cars will be fun :D

So it sucks when your daily driver is a 3,700lbs beast only making 300whp

g-m
10-04-2009, 02:42 PM
looks like you need some headwork in the high rpms unless you're running out of fuel...

Freebs
10-04-2009, 10:53 PM
Originally posted by g-m
looks like you need some headwork in the high rpms unless you're running out of fuel...

Yea it was starting to run out of fuel. the head work is about as open as its going to be... well higher lift cams I guess.. but there isnt any more porting that can be done, next stage would be new heads

brucebanner
10-04-2009, 11:08 PM
:drool: :drool: :drool: